It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Confirmed Battlefield 5.....What are your speculations!?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:40 PM
We have confirmation of battlefield 5 - with an official campaign launch on May 6.
If you go to the website there is a countdown timer to what will be our first glimpse at BF5.
I know we have a few BF fans on ATS. What are your speculations on the setting?
Rumour has it being set in either WW1 or WW2.

Personally, im hoping for a WW2 or a Bad Company 3.
I would like to see them drop the entire campaign. Its a waste of disk space. We play the BF series for online only!
With saying that, if no camp. then they can release a solid 15 vanilla maps. Premium has always been a must for me.
So its inevitable that i will be dropping $130 off the bat on this game. What i dont want is to be let down like i was with Hardline.
Stupidly i purchased the premium membership at launch, but was so turned off by the game play that i havent touched the game since 2 weeks after its launch. So that was a good waste of money there. The only reason why ive kept the game was "Incase" i feel like trying it out again someday, and have all the maps.

So fellow BF fans - what are you hoping for with BF5?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:59 PM
i would be excited but with how buggy and broken 4 was im not getting my hopes up and look at how dice RUINED star wars battlefronts. ive lost all hope for dice these days they're too worried about emulating COD

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:05 PM
a reply to: Rabb420

I cry for the star wars game that could have been

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:18 PM
I hope it is set back in WWII. I absolutely love BF'42. I'm a huge fan of the Red Orchestra series, too.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:26 PM
a reply to: Little Insanity
Do you like tactical games? Check out Men of War Assault Squad 2 on Steam.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:54 PM
I've played every BF game hard core but just sold off my gaming rig because I thought the BF series was finished. Might have to go the console this time.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:42 PM
a reply to: Macenroe82

I believe it will be called, 1943. With the balanced Maps of the first and second game, instead of the mess it is now..

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:44 PM
a reply to: mazzroth
I play on the xbone. I remember the first time i played BF3 on a PC. I was just in shock and aww, at there being 48 people playing at once.
It seemed like no matter what i did i got smoked within seconds of spawning.
I was so used to playing 12 v 12, that I litteraly ragee quit after 10 minutes.
Then when BF4 came out on the 360, i had so many issues with the game on launch. Every time i complained i was told that it was a 48 player game being dumbed down to work on the 360. So i brought the game to EB Games, paid 10 bucks to upgrade it to the xbox one version, the. Waited 2 weeks for the xbone to release.
Those 2 weeks were the longest i ever had lol. Just waiting to play BF4 on the new system.
Then the day the xb1 released i had mine preordered, picked it up, put BF4 in and still the same crashing issues.
Man was i bent out of shape. Cursing dice out as they claimed the game work fine and that only a few ppl were experiencing issues lol.
What a lie that was. But i still tried playing it everyday. With the same outcome, crashing, freezes, return to home screen.
Man im happy those days are past... Hopefully EA ensures the game is complete before releasing BF5

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:49 PM
I've been busy playing BF2 lately

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:55 PM

Would be cool if they did a few wars/conflicts (levels ranging across famous battles from WW1 through to at least Vietnam). I'm itching for a Battlefield Vietnam though!

I really enjoy the helicopter flying. Will be a bit disappointed if there's none of that, and I know WW2 is very early in helicopter development, so not holding my breath!

If it is WW2, I hope you can play as ze Germans at least. That would be Wunderbar!

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:24 PM
a reply to: PanPiper

There is Battlefield 1943 already..

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:40 PM
I want a sequel to BF2142 - that was awesome.

BF2 was and always will be the best in my eyes..

strange, I was always a hardcore PC gamer for battlefield and diablo.. BF3 came out and it ruined the experience for me.

I purchased a PS4 and BF4 and loved it - I will never go back to PC versions of BField

.. I did hear a rumor the next BField would be WW1.. but if that's true i dont know! WOOOOOHOOO BF5

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:45 PM
I enjoyed bad company 2.

BF3 was an exercise in frustration- watching a little movie every time you go to use a knife? I quit the game and the series.

A friend put a few hundred hours into 4 before he quit. I thought five was the star wars one that came out, but I don't follow it anymore.

Either way, EA releases games before they're done- buggy as hell. Then they change the game mechanics on a somewhat regular basis via updates, so casual players are never able to get a real feel for the game before it changes.

Know what I miss? single and two-player games.
Screw battlefield, let's get a portal 3 game going.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:10 AM
I speculate that it will not be as good as call of duty

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:09 AM
With every new game, should come a NEW, upgraded/improved experience. That being said, hopefully it won't look like some... Battlefield 4 expansion pack?

Battlefield 4 came out 3 years ago, and I STILL play it to this very day. But I'm expecting something new & unique with BF5. After all, BF5 has been 3 years in the making. Hardline was just atrocious, and a MISTAKE. And I think they know that by now. SO... please be new and unique -- as new and unique as Battlefield 3 was to Bad Company 2!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:32 AM
I predict space battles. Lots & lots of space battles.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:33 AM

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: Rabb420

I cry for the star wars game that could have been

Please don't bring that up again I might start literally crying & seeing as I'm in the middle of the bar, it would be rather embarrassing.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:29 PM
a reply to: SmurfRider

Just tell people your dog died. It's a legit reason

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:31 PM
Battlefield 5 teaser, for tomorrows announcement:

Cant really tell much from this teaser. The guy has a large shadow go over him and thats it.
I was hoping that his uniform would be visible. But all we can see is a green collar. Well based on the collar alone, you cant tell what type of era its from.
So it looks like we have to wait till tomorrow to find out exactly what DICE has in store for us.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:45 PM
I want to say World War 2. The shadow could be a host of bombers overhead and for whatever reason the little bit of the clothing visible looks of an older era. Maybe it's all just wishful thinking..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>