It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Misconceptions - She Changed My View!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Your DNA says if you are Male or Female. If you have a Y Chromosome you are a Male and you use the Men's.

Yes, it is true that biological males have one X chromosome and one Y chromosome (though that does get messed up). It is not your DNA which determines if you are male or female, but it certainly has a wide influence on other physical, cognitive and other characteristics. All of which will determine who you are.

Anything else is illogical and makes no sense to me.
It may be reasonable that relating to the transgendered can be difficult. Requiring that they conform to your sensibilities is not.
edit on 5/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I mean step back and think about this.

It's just relieving your body of waste. It's a natural thing that all animals do.

Sure, we don't appreciate someone STARING at us, but why are we so hung up if there's a woman in the stall next door -- or a man or whatever.

If you're a man, why are you so afraid of a woman who now considers themselves a man sitting in the stall next to you? What are you doing in your stall that's causing your to be so embarrassed? Why are you so self-centered to think that they're captivated by the noises and smells you are making, instead of worrying about themselves?

Perhaps it's you who needs to worry about yourself and not them? Maybe you are the one who is worrying about the other person more and not the other way around?

So you'd rather have human being that was born a man, who now looks like a beautiful woman in the stall next door to you than some burly looking dude with a beard and shaved head who started off life as a female?

Really? This is all so insanely stupid IMO. It's a BATHROOM. We're there for one reason only -- to eliminate bodily waste from our bodies, wash our hands and leave.
edit on 2-5-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
There is no evidence that there is a reason for the law to be fixed. Most of the trans people I've met look like the opposite gender. Here is an example of a trans woman posing in the women's restroom, which is where she would have to go to the bathroom as required by these new laws.

Republicans have this whole thing backwards. That is not only someone who looks like a man, that is someone who is interested in women. Why the hell force him to go to the bathroom with other women? Someone explain that to me, please.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
When I'm standing at the urinal I don't care who's standing next to me. I ain't looking, I'm there to do my thing and leave.

Just gotta get women thinking that way.

I'm a woman, and it annoys the hell out of me how some women monopolize a restroom.

I've seen them dump out the equivalent of an entire makeup counter on the sinks, then spreading themselves in front of it like their protecting a "litter". God forbid you want to wash your hands.

I think everything that's not a stall needs to be moved to an open common area.

Haha fortunately female bathroom politics is gonna forever remain a mystery to me. Some of the women at one of my old jobs used to take their lunch in with em...always politely declined when they brought cakes in from home.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake
No need for politics.

The vote for NC HB2 was
Republicans in favor: 32
Democrats in favor: 11

Republicans carried it but it was not really partisan.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Make up more laws, find more fake outrage, play the victim more, it's really the in thing to do in the 21st century.

Oh my gawd i need laws to protect my gawd given right to use a public washroom.

You mean like the relgious right does?

Sorry not following you, are you for or against toilet cops ?

Im for People using what they need to use at the time. if you LOOK FEMALE you use th e womans. if you look male the MENS. Dont matter whats between your legs at all.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Their concern is that a man can pretend to be a woman to gain access and perv on them. I do understand their side but the danger is practically non-existent. Sure there's some perverts caught here and there but they are rare and are never transgender people.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Their concern is that a man can pretend to be a woman to gain access and perv on them. I do understand their side but the danger is practically non-existent. Sure there's some perverts caught here and there but they are rare and are never transgender people.

And that is already illegal, and would still be illegal. Would it not? Just because access is granted, it is granted for the express purpose of using the facilities to remove waste from your body. or to refresh yourself (makeup, wash, etc)....PERIOD.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Yep. That is something that apparently is too difficult for some people to comprehend.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Science knows enough today to know there is no black and white. Science knows enough to know gender/sexuality - -has much more to do with the brain then once thought.

Science know that the Y chromosome = male.

I do not raise children with closed minds.

The thing about minds that are always opened without a filter, anything can fall in.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Yep. That is something that apparently is too difficult for some people to comprehend.

It is what happens when someone is blinded by irrational fear. Like fear of someone that is a different color than them. In their world, after all, they were not born the same color as you..so they do not belong in the same restroom. They might "infect" them somehow. It is the same irrational fear and argument, just with a 21st century flair, and new bogeyman.

IMO, we are seeing the same reaction that was all the rage in the 17th century in Salem, MA.

The "BURN THEM" mentality.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

The chance of 'perv' occurrence is higher than that of meeting a person who thinks they are trans. That is the concern.

What I'm hearing is as follows: people who think they are trans have been quietly using the bathrooms already without incident. But now some well-intentioned lawmakers have decided to show how compassionate they are by legislating an issue that doesn't need to be legislated. In the process they are opening up a can of worms that gives perverts more opportunity to stalk, voyeur and generally 'perv.'

In reaction to that 'well-intentioned compassion', other lawmakers are reacting by saying "No, you are taking things into an 'unintended consequences' zone. Stop it."

In other words, Government should just butt out and let the People deal with it ourselves.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

But now some well-intentioned lawmakers have decided to show how compassionate they are by legislating an issue that doesn't need to be legislated.
You mean passing laws which require that people use a certain restroom?

In other words, Government should just butt out and let the People deal with it ourselves.
Which was pretty much had been happening.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

But now some well-intentioned lawmakers have decided to show how compassionate they are by legislating an issue that doesn't need to be legislated.
You mean passing laws which require that people use a certain restroom?

No that part was

In reaction to that 'well-intentioned compassion', other lawmakers are reacting by saying "No, you are taking things into an 'unintended consequences' zone. Stop it."

Which was pretty much had been happening.

Yes, I believe that is what my whole post said in the first place. Thanks for the redundancy, though.
edit on 2-5-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

No that part was
So, it wasn't the laws passed which made it a crime to use a certain restroom you were talking about. Which laws were you referring to?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No that part was
So, it wasn't the laws passed which made it a crime to use a certain restroom you were talking about. Which laws were you referring to?

Once more with gusto.

First we had some legislators pass laws that said anyone could use any bathroom they wanted, eg Charlotte NC
But now some well-intentioned lawmakers have decided to show how compassionate they are by legislating an issue that doesn't need to be legislated. In the process they are opening up a can of worms that gives perverts more opportunity to stalk, voyeur and generally 'perv.'

Then we had some other legislators shut down those laws (eg State of NC) and further legislate to prevent other law makers from doing the same thing again (NC, Alabama)

So like I said (twice) we have a situtation where government tried to legislate social change, and the counter-swing of the pendulum cracked down even farther.

Does this make sense the third time around, or_should_I_type_like_a_sarcastic_telegram_question mark_stop
edit on 2-5-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

First we had some legislators pass laws that said anyone could use any bathroom they wanted, eg Charlotte NC
That is not entirely accurate. The law you are referring to was an overall anti-discrimination law enacted by the city, making it unlawful to discriminate against anyone based upon "race, gender, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability". While in it's original form there was a clause which specified an exception in the case of restrooms (and a couple of other things), that clause was stricken. So the law actually makes no provision that "anyone could use any bathroom they wanted." It actually said nothing about who could or couldn't use a restroom. It is silent on the issue, like you want it to be, right? Like it was in the good old days (excepting of course, the Jim Crow laws which did tell people who could use which restrooms).

Now, you've made it clear that you think anti-discrimination laws are an unnecessary frill. But I thought maybe I should clarify what the law you are referring to actually said.

(a) It shall be unlawful to deny any person the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of a place of public accommodation because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or national origin.

(b) It shall be unlawful to make, print, circulate, post, mail or otherwise cause to be published a statement, advertisement, or sign which indicates that the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of a place of public accommodation will be refused, withheld from, or denied any person because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or national origin, or that any person's patronage of or presence at a place of public accommodation is objectionable, unwelcome, unacceptable, or undesirable because of race, color, religion or national origin; provided, however, this section does not apply to a private club or other establishment not, in fact, open to the public.

charmeck.org...

It wasn't Charlotte who wrote a bathroom law. It was Raleigh.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: clevargenuis

So the idea is to FORCE everybody to be around t/g ppl?

Who is being forced here? As I said, you are free to leave if you find it so unbearable to work or be around others that are different than you and do not fit into your narrow view of what life has to offer.

What a stupid statement.

Life offers AIDS and Tetanus as well. I am still going to avoid them.

OK, and there are folks that do not use deodorant for religious reasons. In fact, the use of deodorant is actually an unnatural act. SO, if you had to sit/work with someone that offended you in that respect, should they be forced to leave because YOU have a problem?

I don't mind being the one that leaves.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Really? This is all so insanely stupid IMO. It's a BATHROOM. We're there for one reason only -- to eliminate bodily waste from our bodies, wash our hands and leave.

Why have stalls at all? Hell, why have bathrooms. Let's dig a pit.

Screw logic.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I don't mind being the one that leaves.

Someone stinks. It's natural that you want to leave.
Someone who is just like anybody else. Just a normal person. Doesn't bother anyone. And yet you want to leave because you think that person is "abnormal". That part is telling.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join