It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump leads Hillary in new Rasmussen poll

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This season is really ripe for a third party to rise up... Anyone know if it's too late for Sanders to run? I would love for their to be four parties, originally was hoping for a Bush V Clinton V Trump V Sanders. That would have been a real four way race. The reason someone like Sanders won't go third party is because it "would guarantee a republican president."

I wonder, however, if the polls start to show one candidate pulling ahead, would that no longer be an issue, which is why I asked, if anyone knows when its "too late" to announce a third party?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: UnBreakable

..... but stop with the personal assaults already....

Personal assaults? If you bothered to read a few replies down I was dismissive of the 'Slamhog' term used towards you. Rose colored glasses is a general term, to me not offensive. Oh well, trying to be as civil as I can.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor
This season is really ripe for a third party to rise up... Anyone know if it's too late for Sanders to run? I would love for their to be four parties, originally was hoping for a Bush V Clinton V Trump V Sanders. That would have been a real four way race. The reason someone like Sanders won't go third party is because it "would guarantee a republican president."

I wonder, however, if the polls start to show one candidate pulling ahead, would that no longer be an issue, which is why I asked, if anyone knows when its "too late" to announce a third party?

It depends on when the deadline is for candidates to be added to the ballot. That is something I do not know.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I think once the presidential debates start, I hate to say it, but I think Trump's butt is going to be handed to him on a silver platter when it comes to issues and knowledge about foreign policy. Unless he prepares himself extremely well, it's going to be difficult for him or anyone else to debate someone on foreign policy whose been the Secretary of State. I think Clinton will have an advantage over Trump in the debates. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts slipping in the polls during the debates.

Who knows, It may not matter considering his supporters don't care what comes out of his mouth.

That's right set those high expectations for Clinton and low ones for Trump, that's one of the reasons why he has done so well and continues to do so. It's really easy to beat the "He's just a clown who is promoting a TV show, he's not serious" expectation.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I think once the presidential debates start, I hate to say it, but I think Trump's butt is going to be handed to him on a silver platter when it comes to issues and knowledge about foreign policy. Unless he prepares himself extremely well, it's going to be difficult for him or anyone else to debate someone on foreign policy whose been the Secretary of State. I think Clinton will have an advantage over Trump in the debates. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts slipping in the polls during the debates.

Who knows, It may not matter considering his supporters don't care what comes out of his mouth.

No doubt Hillary is a better debater than Trump, but the debates will be epic non the less as he calls her out on her emails, Wall Street speeches, Benghazi, etc, everything she's been trying to keep low profile with Sanders.

He will embarrass himself if he talks about those things. She was not found to have done anything wrong in Benghazi, her emails are still under investigation and it does not appear, so far, that the FBI is leaning towards an indictment, and the Wall Street issue has been brought up in prior debates...only to become a non-issue.

On the other hand, Clinton can bash Trump over the head with his own comments during this campaign and can even throw him under the bus for donating money to the Clinton Foundation.

Let's also not forget that Trump and the Clintons are good friends.

Benghazi - Why did she have two stories?

Emails show Clinton had 2 Benghazi stories: 1 for Libyans, 1 for Americans

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Wall Street speeches a non-issue? Only according to Hillary. She's refused calls from Sanders, various press, etc. to release transcripts. If such a non-issue, why the obfuscation on her part?

The real experts on this topic are the friends and acquaintances of Hillary’s who, for whatever reason, have chosen to be candid about what they believe is in those speeches. And it’s only that candor that helps explain the longest-running mystery of the Democratic primary — a mystery that’s been ongoing for over seventy days — which is this: why would anyone pay $225,000 for an hour-long speech by a private citizen who (at the time) claimed to have no interest in returning to politics?

Mr. Sanders has implied that there are only two possible answers: (a) the money wasn’t for the speeches themselves, but for the influence major institutional players on Wall Street thought that money could buy them if and when Clinton ran for President; or (b) the speeches laid out a defense of Wall Street greed so passionate and total that hearing it uttered by a person of power and influence was worth every penny.

www.newstarget.com...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I don't know, but is that all they have on Benghazi? That's the best Trump can throw at her?

Wall Street speeches a non-issue? Only according to Hillary. She's refused calls from Sanders, various press, etc. to release transcripts. If such a non-issue, why the obfuscation on her part?

Yes, it's a non-issue. Better yet, it's stupid. How can someone like Trump hold a Wall Street speech against her when he himself is also part of the big-money interests in NY and DC?

If that is all Trump can come up with, these debates are going to be a massacre. Clinton is not a noob on the debate stage and so far Trump has conducted himself like a high school douche in the debates.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I don't know, but is that all they have on Benghazi? That's the best Trump can throw at her?

Yes, it's a non-issue. Better yet, it's stupid. How can someone like Trump hold a Wall Street speech against her when he himself is also part of the big-money interests in NY and DC?

If that is all Trump can come up with, these debates are going to be a massacre. Clinton is not a noob on the debate stage and so far Trump has conducted himself like a high school douche in the debates.

So you don't think it's odd that she has two separate Benghazi stories for two separate target groups?

You're not serious are you? Trump has never denied his dealings with Wall Street. Hillary has campaigned on distancing herself from Wall Street, while her campaign is funded by them.

"Hillary Clinton's Wall Street dilemma"

As Clinton sets off onto the campaign trail to reintroduce herself to voters and court donors across the country, Wall Street elites are ready to roll out the red carpet. But while the enthusiastic support from the industry will be a financial boon for Clinton's newly launched campaign, it will also pose a delicate balancing act when it comes to appeasing a vocal wing of her party that is antagonistic toward the banking sector. READ: A new campaign after decades in politics Clinton, 67, has long enjoyed a close relationship with the financial industry. As a New York senator for almost a decade, she represented Wall Street and courted the industry aggressively during her last presidential campaign. And there is a certain degree of nostalgia within the industry for her husband's two-term presidency, marked by the 1990s bull market and broad financial deregulation, including the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act, which separated commercial banking from riskier investing activities.

www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

It's not setting high expectations, it's just laying out basic facts! Trump has no experience in foreign policy whatsoever, and lacks any knowledge about current or past treaties, and U.S. ongoing negotiations. It's only common sense when someone has actually worked and been on the front lines of negotiating with other countries, they would have much more knowledge about foreign policies.

Common sense seems what many Trump followers seem to lack.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

No doubt Hillary is a better debater than Trump, but the debates will be epic non the less as he calls her out on her emails, Wall Street speeches, Benghazi, etc, everything she's been trying to keep low profile with Sanders.

I agree that's his ace in the hole including voting for the Iraq war and the U.S. sending arms to Syria that ended up in the hands of ISIS. If he's smart and if he can control his mouth (which Donald has a big problem with), he would be wise not to engage Clinton too much on foreign policy. Hillary's seven years negotiating with other countries on foreign policy gives her an enormous advantage in that area. She's also an attorney, and has been privy to a lot of her husbands domestic and foreign policies when he was in the White House.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yeah. No.

I'd keep that champagne corked. Here's how the electoral college map looks right now based on SEVERAL polls, INCLUDING the latest Rasmussen poll that favors Trump:

So one poll (and the only poll) shows Trump beating Clinton...count me not impressed. When you average that poll in 36 other Clinton vs. Trump Polls the picture isn't so rosy for the GOP.

So one Rassumssen poll shows Trump ahead....

Lookout!

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

You were, I saw that and I truly thank you. 🌸🌼🌺🌹🌹🌷🌺🌸🌼🌼🌻🌻
Here's a bouquet for you. Thanks

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

PS one of those stars on that post is from me.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

PS one of those stars on that post is from me.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yeah? Check the dates slamhog.

Although I don't yet know what a 'slamhog' is, I like your post.

Imagine how I felt when I read it.
Now imagine how I felt when I read your post slapping him on the back and applauding. And you got four stars too.

Now imagine a group of big bully guys who's only talent is a clever and sharp tongue making fun of people and calling people names. You belong to that group. Are you proud. I know the smartass answer will be yes.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

To bad. He doesn't get to ask questions. If he gets off track the host will bring him in or sanction him.
The only time he will be able to sling his muck at her is when she's not around to defend herself.
You know typical Trump style.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Please post your thoughts in this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join