It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump leads Hillary in new Rasmussen poll

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Unless Trump or Hillary totally flubs in the next six months, this will probably go neck-in-neck, ala JFK-Nixon in '60. Truth be told the polls will flip-flop many times over before November. They both have very high unfavorables.

"Trump 41%, Clinton 39%"

Last week, Rasmussen Reports gave voters the option of staying home on Election Day if Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are the big party nominees, and six percent (6%) said that’s what they intend to do for now. Clinton and Trump were tied with 38% support each; 16% said they would vote for some other candidate, and two percent (2%) were undecided. But Trump edges slightly ahead if the stay-at-home option is removed. Trump also now does twice as well among Democrats as Clinton does among Republicans.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Not coming from a bias of my own.. my only question is, How biased is the organization that made this poll?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Clinton ties in this and here are seven other polls that show her beating g trump.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Clinton ties in this and here are seven other polls that show her beating g trump.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

I realize that. Or did your rose-colored glasses miss that I specifically said Rasmussen? This is the first poll that shows him beating her, that's why pointed it out.

(post by Domo1 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
When there only two parties involved, and there are figures like that it really is telling you that a fifth of the populace are feeling somewhat disenfranchised by the nature of what's on offer...well something like that!

To add, Antidiluvian posted a newer poll than this, showing HC ahead by 7% ??.

IBD/TIPP (Investor's Business Daily / TechnoMetrica Market Intelligence) poll above that is a couple days newer and shows a 7% lead for Clinton.

Just shows how these polls pee about.

I found the stats, for May3rd 2016,

BASE=REGISTERED VOTERS 814
Hillary Clinton
47%
Donald Trump
40%

Elsewhere what's interesting is that hilary would do less well against John Kasich.

edit on 2-5-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Sillyolme

STAFF EDIT: (post by Domo1 removed for a manners violation)

Slamhog? Dude, let's have a friendly discussion without name calling. Just sayin'.
edit on 3/5/16 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Not coming from a bias of my own.. my only question is, How biased is the organization that made this poll?

All I can say is Rasmussen polled Romney for the win in 2012.

I think their system is still broken.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

True, I think Rasmussen leans right, but this was their first poll which shows Trump leading. This might indicate a slight swing.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Grimpachi

True, I think Rasmussen leans right, but this was their first poll which shows Trump leading. This might indicate a slight swing.

I would imagine that in the next 6 months these polls are really going to get erratic. Especially, once Hillary will have to face a serious competitor who will not play nice! America will see her flip flop in her attempts to pander and see her lies more clearly.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Ok . Glasses? Why are you upset with me now? You show a poll that showed trump ahead and I linked seven others that showed Hillary ahead. I don't get the glasses comment but it sure seems you have it in for me. Why? Because I'm voting for Hillary? So what. You get a vote too. Cancel mine out at the polls but stop with the personal assaults already. It's an election for Christ's sake.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Slamhog? Very mature. Got any more golden nuggets of enlightenment you care to bestowed upon us? No?
Ok go do your homework now.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It amazes me that anyone would willingly say they intended to vote for a sociopathic liar and murderer like the Hildabeat.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Dates of my link 4/22-4/28 today is 5/2
Dates of Rasmussen poll 4/27 -4/28

Ok smarty I checked the dates. Now what?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Sillyolme

STAFF EDIT: (post by Domo1 removed for a manners violation)

Although I don't yet know what a 'slamhog' is, I like your post.
edit on 3/5/16 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I am interested to see that a yet un-named third candidate has gotten nearly half as many votes as either of them.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slave2theTruth

I am interested to see that a yet un-named third candidate has gotten nearly half as many votes as either of them.

You can have a dig in this lot, published May 2rd 2016

Put the kettle on,

www.investors.com...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I think once the presidential debates start, I hate to say it, but I think Trump's butt is going to be handed to him on a silver platter when it comes to issues and knowledge about foreign policy. Unless he prepares himself extremely well, it's going to be difficult for him or anyone else to debate someone on foreign policy whose been the Secretary of State. I think Clinton will have an advantage over Trump in the debates. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts slipping in the polls during the debates.

Who knows, It may not matter considering his supporters don't care what comes out of his mouth.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I think once the presidential debates start, I hate to say it, but I think Trump's butt is going to be handed to him on a silver platter when it comes to issues and knowledge about foreign policy. Unless he prepares himself extremely well, it's going to be difficult for him or anyone else to debate someone on foreign policy whose been the Secretary of State. I think Clinton will have an advantage over Trump in the debates. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts slipping in the polls during the debates.

Who knows, It may not matter considering his supporters don't care what comes out of his mouth.

No doubt Hillary is a better debater than Trump, but the debates will be epic non the less as he calls her out on her emails, Wall Street speeches, Benghazi, etc, everything she's been trying to keep low profile with Sanders.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: WeRpeons

No doubt Hillary is a better debater than Trump, but the debates will be epic non the less as he calls her out on her emails, Wall Street speeches, Benghazi, etc, everything she's been trying to keep low profile with Sanders.

He will embarrass himself if he talks about those things. She was not found to have done anything wrong in Benghazi, her emails are still under investigation and it does not appear, so far, that the FBI is leaning towards an indictment, and the Wall Street issue has been brought up in prior debates...only to become a non-issue.

On the other hand, Clinton can bash Trump over the head with his own comments during this campaign and can even throw him under the bus for donating money to the Clinton Foundation.

Let's also not forget that Trump and the Clintons are good friends.

edit on 2-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join