It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swap the TSA with ICE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Recent events display massive waiting lines at airports with frustrated workers and travelers feeling so harassed and averse to the invasive procedures at airports that many are simply canceling their plans to travel entirely. Meanwhile, ICE workers at the border are complaining that they are practically required to just let people through the gates, release people who may be suspects or actually have criminal records, and border security has become a laughing stock.

So we have two government agencies, both in control of passage through gates, with opposite views and goals. Why not just swap the two? Let the principles we apply to the border patrol and ICE agents apply to the Airport lines, and let the body scanning infinite lines followed by disrobing and molestation be our welcome mat at the border?
edit on 2-5-2016 by skynet2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: skynet2015

I just returned from a trip back to the midwest to attend my sisters funeral and to bring her ashes home. This involved lots of connecting flights, security checks, wheelchairs, electric carts, and TSA interaction. I was treated with respect and consideration both going and returning. 6 flights in total.

I am thankful for the TSAs accomodations and not causing additional grief considering the circumstances of my baggage contents and my near nonambulatory self.

We hear a ton of bad news about the TSA, and while I am sure it is deserved, I must step up and give them thanks for the kind assistance and positive experience I had along the way.

Thank you, TSA.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: skynet2015

ICE is hampered to a limp wrist so not sure that would change anything...they are on a very short list

new topics

join