It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Map of the Last World - New Map of Pluto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Nasa has just released the global map (in progress) of Pluto. This map is still only black-and-white, but NASA is working on the colours right now.

Full Size Map

The image were gathered the 25th of April, and it comes from the New Horizon probe, which is on its way to mapping the rest of the dwarf planet as we speak.

Source

I find this fascinating. It'll be a nice addition to my map of Mercury, map of Venus, map of Mars and map of Moon.

I am wondering... which topological feature they chose to place the Prime Meridian on? I am guessing it'll be the center, somewhere in the Tombaugh Regio...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

The image were gathered the 25th of April, and it comes from the New Horizon probe, which is on its way to mapping the rest of the dwarf planet as we speak.

New Horizon isn't orbiting Pluto. Did it image both sides of the planet (i mean non planetary body) during the one fly by?
edit on 2-5-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The New Horizon has not imaged the other side yet, but yes it's all on one flyby.

Pluto does rotate on itself (it complete a full rotation each 6.4 earth days). I am guessing it shouldn't be long before the map is complete.

edit on 2-5-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: intrptr

The New Horizon has not imaged the other side yet, but yes it's all on one flyby.

Interesting, we got the first rough mages of the near side so quickly (which haven't changed much, imo) but nothing as yet from the far side?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Pfff, this map will be a real photoshopped image made up by NASA itself.. errrr, so it's a fake and a hoax

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Conclusive proof Abraham Lincoln was from Pluto:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: nothingiscoincidence

Pfff, this map will be a real photoshopped image made up by NASA itself.. errrr, so it's a fake and a hoax

Sarcastic post is sarcastic. I get you, bro.

Regarding OP, New Horizons flew by Pluto once and for all, thus the high-rez images of the "near side" is all we get to see. The low-rez imagery of the other side will remain as such for decades to come.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Ooh, he looks great!

Now that we have a map of Pluto, maybe we'll see more pareidolia threads seeing lizards and bones on Pluto...

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
sultan movie 1st day collection , sultan movie 1st day collections , sultan 1st day collection , sultan 1st day collections , Salman khan sultan movie 1st day collection , Salman khan sultan movie 1st day collections , sultan movie 1st day box office collection , sultan movie 1st day box office collections , sultan 1st day box office collection , sultan 1st day box office collections , Salman khan sultan box office collections , Salman khan sultan movie box office collections , sultanwww.wholereultss.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">box office collections movie first day collection
edit on 29-6-2016 by Wholereultss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wholereultss
sultan movie 1st day collection , sultan movie 1st day collections , sultan 1st day collection , sultan 1st day collections , Salman khan sultan movie 1st day collection , Salman khan sultan movie 1st day collections , sultan movie 1st day box office collection , sultan movie 1st day box office collections , sultan 1st day box office collection , sultan 1st day box office collections , Salman khan sultan box office collections , Salman khan sultan movie box office collections , sultanwww.wholereultss.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">box office collections movie first day collection

OMG, have we just established contact with an alien here on ATS? It's clearly trying to communicate something, using words it may have picked up from a spam post.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Ooh, he looks great!

Now that we have a map of Pluto, maybe we'll see more pareidolia threads seeing lizards and bones on Pluto...

Its funny you say that. I can clearly see atleast 10 faces across the bottom, even a alien grey!! (Im not joking) im not going to start a thread, im not even going to draw red lines around them. If you see them you see them, like elephants and sharks in the clouds..

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
OMG, have we just established contact with an alien here on ATS? It's clearly trying to communicate something, using words it may have picked up from a spam post.

Damn Russians trying to unfairly influence our enjoyment of Pluto.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: monika098

diwali wallpaper hd
advance happy dasara images hd
diwali ke totke
navratri puja vidhi
essay on dussehra in hindi
diwali wishes quotes
new year images 2019
merry christmas greetings wishes

Again spam. How is it that this particular thread about Pluto is attracking spammers? Or is it really aliens?

top topics

join