It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: 'We can't continue to allow China to rape our country'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Donald Trump on Sunday compared the U.S.'s trade deficit with China, which he regularly laments and vows to tackle as president, to rape.

"We can't continue to allow China to rape our country, and that's what they're doing," Trump said during his second rally Sunday in Fort Wayne, Indiana, referring to China's high number of exports relative to the U.S.
Trump: 'We can't continue to allow China to rape our country'

I've always thought it was a great deal for the US. The US creates worthless money and sends it over to China in exchange for real goods.

I always thought it was more like the US was raping China.

I did some research for this thread to see if the Chinese government has reacted to Trump. I found the following:

Beijing had previously downplayed any impact Trump's rhetoric could have on U.S.-China relations, reducing it as a mere "disturbance."

But this week, that all changed.

With Trump securing major victories on the road to the White House, China issued a scathing criticism of the U.S. election process and the candidate who has "opened a Pandora's box in U.S. society."

In an editorial published this week, China's state-owned Global Times newspaper condemns the billionaire candidate as "big-mouthed" and "abusively forthright."

The editorial also uses Trump's political rise to highlight America's decline and the failings of democracy, saying: "Mussolini and Hitler came to power through elections, a heavy lesson for Western democracy."
Big-mouthed clown? China reacts to Donald Trump's rise

What are they doing comparing Trump and Hitler?

The following may not be completely accurate, but it's worth noting IMHO:

A little more:

Trump Supporter Who Made Nazi Salute Explains Why She Made the Gesture

Trump's New Slogan Has Old Baggage From Nazi Era

I've given the issue a lot of thought and I don't think there is anything to worry about concerning the Trump/Hitler comparison. The reason for that conclusion is simple:

Hitler had the most powerful party in his country behind him as well as the support of the masses.

Trump has no party support and very little support of the masses in the big picture. I see nothing to worry about there.
edit on 2-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
LOL It's pretty pathetic using the Nazi card. Seriously.

Don't you think there's a chance they are now worried about their trade deals?
edit on 2-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Well Trump will quite happily rape the minds of the people, seems like another double standard from the racist xenophobe.

+18 more 
posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
And Hillary will rape the constitution. Racist xenophobe, from someone who does business globally? I don't think you understand the world of global business very well.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
ugg. China is such a pain in the arse.
Chinese people are pretty cool, friendly, and very western desired/oriented..I would love to move there and take part in their development.
then you have the government..what a bunch of fat, hypocritical, baby tyrants with the worlds smallest privates complex. entire agencies seeking out any offense or insult to chinese government to block and ban..any slight percieved annoyance online and huge blocks...meanwhile ignoring any food and drug regulations, building codes considerations, water treatment, pollution, etc..what a gross government.
1.3 billion people..they need to rise up and depose of the government and install one for the people.
...and that is why most of the net is blocked..anything letting them organize is blocked.

The best thing the world can do for china is send up a satellite that gives the entire nation free unfiltered wifi. let nature take its course.

And Trump is a loudmouth blowhard, but its not like he has a chance of getting elected.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Hitler wasn't elected. He may have had the largest party in the Reichstag, but he didn't have the majority needed to form a government. Instead a bunch of Conservative/Nationalist idiots threw their support behind him in the mistaken belief that they could use him and then discard him if he proved to be a menace. Instead he used them and then threw them to the wolves after he seized the reins of power.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

I do however understand quite a few of the outrageous remarks or Trumpisms that the fellow in question has come away with.

I dont think you understand period if indeed you support Trumps way of thinking!

+12 more 
posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Being a Trump supporter, I can think of no more important issue than stopping the job drain of the U.S.. Forget job creation, just further job loss.

Ford is now building a plant in Mexico and Cadillac announced an assembly plant in China. These are high paying jobs we're talking about that will depart the U.S..

It has to stop. Period. There is only one candidate that MIGHT stop it. (Do not be too surprised when the UAW comes out an endorses Trump...as has the Union representing the border patrol.)

So you can run the Hitler gambit as long as you want. More and more people see this issue as a virtual survival point for the U.S..

The fight's on for the direction of this country and I look forward to an overwhelming Trump victory over the shill, Hillary.

+8 more 
posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
China needs us and the goods they get from us we do not need China. Trump kblws this and yes China is raping us in the markets.

We should be using our leverage to tariff their goods and tell them to STFU.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Its true about the funny money buying Chinese products. You see, they turn around and buy US properties and send their kids to universities in the US, so it all comes back to the US in one way or another.

+8 more 
posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
a reply to: andy06shake
And Hillary will rape the constitution. Racist xenophobe, from someone who does business globally? I don't think you understand the world of global business very well.

As long as I've been a member here people have been complaining about our trade deal with China, all of a sudden Trump talks about it and the cry babies come out against.

It's funny because I was listening to a Trump interview last night and one of his main talking points was about helping the black youth in this country and cleaning up cities like Baltimore and St Louis .

Dent ignorance has become embrace ignorance and it's all the MSN.

What is happening around here

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Here's the thing about Trump's plan though. If China did what he wanted, their economy would collapse and millions of angry hungry desperate Chinese people would start overthrowing the government.

The government will not allow this. They remember the Revolution well.

So Trump can bluster all he wants, the Chinese won't budge. And America likes cheap consumer goods.

So it's all just hot air and rhetoric.

+2 more 
posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

The Chinese people did nothing when the government decided that 250 million of them had to move into cities.

China has no levergae the goods they get from us they NEED.

If we decide we are done with China they are screwed.

+1 more 
posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Go ahead and play the "Hitler" card and remember Hitler brought his broken and bankrupted country to prosperity and unity....

Devisive? Now your talking about liberal/progressiveness....

And really, using the narrative of a foreign government to back up your attitude on an American potential President?! DO you expect anyone to take that seriously?!

+11 more 
posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
So, Trump points out a glaring fact, that everyone else seems happy to ignore and let continue..... and that makes him Hitler.
Can anyone else smell the Democrats sweating?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The US trade deficit with China hit a critical milestone in 2015. It now stands at a mind-numbing $1 billion a day, and that $365 billion annual trade deficit continues to rise with the lift of China’s illegal export subsidies, sweatshop labor, pollution havens, and undervalued currency.

+3 more 
posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Since the recession we have been BUYing Chinese steel instead of AMERICAN. This is wrong and bad for our economy. WE SHOULD be BUYing AK STEEL in Middletown Ohio. Those people have suffered job losses and are on the welfare program which WE PAY for. So... if we are going to pay, lets pay people in our country to have jobs. Why buy steel from china when we have AK Steel in Ohio?

Buy USA products...that really is a no brainer. I would never buy dog food from China at Walmart for my pets. I find myself looking to see who makes what, every time I go shopping. I buy American. Those Chinese hurt our economy last fall and it seems like we are having a recession right now. I lost a lot of retirement money in funds for retirement. I am angry.

BUY AMERICAN STEEL AND OTHER ALL PRODUCTS. Have some country loyalty.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384

Don't you think there's a chance they are now worried about their trade deals?

I always enjoy seeing someone point out the entirety of Hitler's reign in support of Trump. Hitler hadn't killed millions, hell, he hadn't even killed tens by the time he was rising to power; which would be the accurate point to which his history should be compared to Trump's current position.

Is Trump the next Hitler? Probably not, but fascists sure love him.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

No, it's not. I don't think Trump has the support the media is trying to make it look like, but don't be blinded. He has an autocratic, ruthless personality. Notice how freely he uses images like "rape" to express himself.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Hitler wasn't elected. He may have had the largest party in the Reichstag, but he didn't have the majority needed to form a government.

He most surely was elected. The people voted him into office, from there he took complete power, combining the office of chancellor and president, making every body in the military swear an oath of personal loyalty not to Germany, but to him… or else.

By then it was too late. The plan for dictators and tyrants is to ascend to controlling authority by lies and false promises and then change the government from within, forcing themselves to supreme authority by law. After all, once elected, they are the lawmaker supreme. Nobody sees it coming beforehand except those that have studied history and seen it rear its ugly head many times, under many guises but always the same.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
All Foreign and Trade relationships should be mutually beneficial. When this mutual benefits stops or when the other party takes advantage of our terms, we should pull out of it. There's nothing wrong with looking out for ourselves.

As for me, I do not like Trump per say, but I hate Hillary a whole lot more not to support Trump. But like you say, what do you have to worry about, he has no chance in hell to win. That is after all what the polls and MSM had been saying all these months.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join