It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My tumour is now untreatable -- RIP our beloved friend: August 11, 2016 --

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I wish I had some words to express how very sorry I am to hear of your situation. Thank you for sharing.

Continue to try some of the alternative treatments that have been mentioned here.

You are very brave. I wish you receive a miracle.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Thanks for your thoughts.

All the very best thoughts, coming your way.
The very best of luck too.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

You are very brave. I wish you receive a miracle.

I feel the same way.

Cancer really pisses me off. It's worse than Daesh. I wish we could eradicate it.

I've read accounts of people on their veritable deathbeds who suddenly went into remission.
I pray. So I will make this prayer for you. Can't hurt.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
My positive thoughts are with you Woody.

You have my deepest admiration for being the person you are.

Kindest respects

Your Coyote friend

Lag

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I know we have not had much one on one interaction on the boards, but I have read and enjoyed many a post by you Woody. There aren't many words to say in situations such as these, and over the internet obviously the usual facial expressions and gestures at the thought of you going through this cannot be conveyed. I will however say...there is tears in my eyes...
I have avoided addressing your other threads about your personal health issues, because it was just too close to my own personal loss, and I didn't want to think about it. But I didn't get a chance to tell that person how much I appreciated them, or how they made me smile, or changed things about me for the better. So I'm telling you...
THANK YOU
Thank you for being a cherished member here..for your wisdom, your wit and letting us all be a part of your life. I hope in some way we have made the past couple of years easier for you to bear, and we all are wishing for the best for you.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about this.
I'm sure others have said this but please try and remain possitive as you can.
You never know, miracles do happen.
All the best from UK.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

God bless you and may the angel's watch over your family.

link   

Hello, your a brave human. You life means so much to others!

Have you tried laser surgery to help shrink you tumor?

Here is a link www.barnesjewish.org... rgery-for-Inoperable-Brain-Tumors

Get well!!!

link   
Crud. I'm sitting here thinking, thinking what to say if anything. I saw this when it was just posted. And I sat there with the reply box open and I was just thinking, what do I say? I wanted to say something, that you seem brave, that your demeanor is amazing, that we're all here for you and love you. And all of this is true, but it just doesn't sound like the right thing to say.

I'm not sure there is a right thing to say. What can one say? You know, maybe this goes out more to your loved ones, and I've said this before. It isn't like death is the end. I firmly believe that it isn't. No no, don't worry if you're not religious, I'm not talking about some heaven. No, but we're still around if someone remembers us or loves us. Wouldn't you agree? I mean, say someone's breathing in this world, but no one loves them or even knows they exist, then they don't really. But people love you and you won't be forgotten.

If I could I'd take this burden from you and I'm sorry, but I can't. But it ain't all bad because you still have people that love you and that's all that matters. Wish I could say something more, do something. Take care.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Have you considered Immunotherapy?

New immunotherapy discovery could give treatments the precision they need
scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org...

And today, Cancer Research UK scientists have published a new study in the journal Science that may have uncovered the intelligence needed to precisely guide these new weapons.

But before we go into detail about what they found, and its implications for future research, let’s recap how different immunotherapies work.

Cancer Research UK
www.cancerresearchuk.org...

Some UK clinical trials for glioblastoma tumors..
www.cancerresearchuk.org...[0]=field_trial_statu s%3A4386

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It is only now that I have become aware of you sir after reading this thread. I won't pretend to know what you should and might be thinking and feeling right now but allow me to extend my sincerest hope that may you find a measure of peace and comfort in whatever end this journey of yours take you.

You are very brave to face your ordeal with such a tremendous fighting spirit.

Much respect to you sir. I will pray for you and your family.

Your words are not lost.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5 my hospital is a cancer research centre, so I will ask what they can offer me. I think I'm fit enough to take an aggressive chemotherapy course.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5
I saw a video on that the other day. I was just looking for it when you posted. Anywho, here it is.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I just posted a video on what he was talking about. Basically what they do it inject bacteria into the tumor. This makes the T cells "aware" that there is something there they should take care of. The T cells then attack the tumor, killing the cancerous cells, while leaving healthy cells alone. If this is something your hospital can do, you probably should look into it. Best of luck.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Hey don't worry, no one knows what to say, I guess everyone thinks whatever they say won't sound right so best not say anything. I'm just as bad. I thought after what'd I been through I would know the right words to say to people going through an illness, but it's really hard and I usually say the wrong thing, so I just don't bother. I usually sound like a heartless bastard

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
I'm definitely going to ask about this immunotherapy this week thanks

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You're most welcome. I hope they can help.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Sometimes it's difficult not to sound like heartless when you try very hard to sound caring, when in fact you are caring! I have to say, I remember seeing your avatar, and it is one of the most beautiful. I love the owl and the colors. One of the most interesting out there. I know that was random, but I meant to say so some time ago. No better time than the present.

I see others are posting and it seems there is hope. I feel it is appropriate. Have you watched the Bucket List? It's what you're going through.

I'm still searching for some words for you. I hope to find them.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I feel I can not stand by and say nothing. I'm sorry for this news, but I'm happy you have been here long enough to see your neice. And smile that you see the joy she brings your family. You can use as many cliches as you wish.

Cheers to you and you life🍻

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I don't think we've had the pleasure of speaking before but it's nice to meet you despite the circumstances. Looking at the old saw of "You can tell a lot about someone by the friends they keep" from a different angle, the integrity and intellect of those who are your friends (the people who care and respect you) says a lot.

Your attitude is encouraging and my belief is that the role that plays in how things go is far more important than most understand. That is my primary reason for wanting to ask a question. I, of course, share what others have said regarding your illness. The last ten years have claimed too many old friends, the majority from one form of cancer or another.

There's no need for a lengthy reply, I just found myself thinking of my friend, Ken, after the radiation they gave him for his tumor that metastasized, anyway, and used his spinal cord to travel to the rest of his body. None of the doctors had warned him of the possibility and he found himself almost completely without the ability to taste foods. For a while butter and corn still came through so he enjoyed mashed potatoes and corn like it was a good steak. He kept saying, though, that if he could taste just one more juicy cheeseburger he'd find the money somewhere to pay $1,000.

Several have suggested diet and supplements. Are you still able to enjoy a good meal? Keep it as short as you need to, Yes or No will be fine. It is my hope that you have many fine meals ahead, not only because they are one of life's simple pleasures (especially when cooked with love) but also because they will help keep your body strong.

CornShucker

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join