It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My tumour is now untreatable -- RIP our beloved friend: August 11, 2016 --

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
We were told they have read the messages here.
A few pages back, there is a post that they have been sent to his family.

a reply to: Snarl

edit on 3-8-2016 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
A salute to you Woody,

A call of wonder and sorrow and amazement of the journey you have brought us all on.
I hope to see you in realms to come.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Nick, Surround yourself in peace, in lovely thoughts of beautiful things. I have a candle burning for you. I watch as the flame dances and lose myself in thoughts of you, the beautiful young man that you are and marvel at all the lives you have touched. Your friends are here every day. I think you know that. I think you feel it, the energy of love that we send to you.

To Nick's family, we may not know you, but we know you raised a beautiful, brave and inspiring soul. I wish you courage. I wish you strength in the days ahead. I give you a hug from miles away, a hug has no boundaries, it will find you.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

That's both heart rending, and uplifting...

A mothers love.

Thanks for sharing.

May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

edit on 8/4/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
Zazz, thank you for sharing the letter.

For Woody's family:
Nick has reached out, helped and supported many here who have been going through hard times. He has always been selfless and supporting and his true wisdom has left many of us lost in quiet wonder. I am sure all of us would like to thank you for him and the way he was raised. We are grateful for his positive influence in our lives and within this little community, and now that he is moving on from his own suffering to something far more peaceful, while we are filled with sorrow to see him go, we feel blessed to have known him.

Woody, I'm going to miss you so much, mate. One beautiful, sunny day, we'll catch up again. And even if it rains, we'll get out here and dance in it. Okay?

Mike

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hey Nick, hope you're still hanging in there.
We're all here pulling for you mate!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I find it so hard to post in this thread. It almost breaks me whenever I see it come to the top of the myATS queue.

Yes.

Every time this thread pops to the top of the list, my heart sinks into my stomach instantly dreading what might be posted in it... the announcement of Woody's passing.

I've tried to keep posting my well wishes... but it's just so damn heartbreaking.

My heart is shredded over the thoughts of what his family is going through right now, and it's shredded over the thoughts of the world losing such a young beautiful soul.

And quite honestly, the tears streaming down my face is making it difficult to see through the water in an attempt to type out some words in this thread.

For Nick:

I'm sorry Woodster, but I'm having a hell of a time trying to take comfort in knowing that you're about to join the cosmos on a great adventure (even though I really do believe that to be true)...

I'm selfish and I want you here with us, goddamn it.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

My Prayer for Mr. Brown

© Elaine Childress

Let the angels sing him a sweet lullaby,
Words that only he can hear,
Let Your hand touch his heart,
As time is drawing near.

Please keep him safe from pain and harm,
And I pray his soul You'll keep,
Hold him gently in Your arms,
As You rock him slowly to sleep.

Woody I think of you all the time. I hope that you are comfortable and peaceful. We already miss you so very much. I keep watching the skies to see you lighting up the night!!!

edit on 8/4/2016 by Martin75 because: We love you!!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Hi Woody,

Not checked into the thread for a while now, to my shame. I really hope that you are doing as well as you can and keeping positive in the face of adversity.

Thoughtful, calm and considerate - the qualities of a true champion. I salute you and wish you and your family all the best.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
God speed Woody ... you are one of the good guys.

Just FYI ... this has been one of the more emotional yet in a sense ... uplifting threads I have had the privelege to post in here on ATS .

Thank You.
edit on 5-8-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Wow, ATS. Just... wow.

In passing, a persons real worth can truly be measured by the number of friends they have. Hundreds of posts wishing well, a deep well of love and respect.

edit on 5-8-2016 by intrptr because: YouTube

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I cant bring myself to read that letter. As i type this my jaw is hurting.

Woody if theres a bar in heaven save me a seat. Ill have a vodka straight up. Dont worry bout the tab though its all on me.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Every time this thread pops to the top of the list, my heart sinks into my stomach instantly dreading what might be posted in it... the announcement of Woody's passing.

Ditto.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm at a loss for words, CranialSponge said it best.

I'm sorry Woodster, but I'm having a hell of a time trying to take comfort in knowing that you're about to join the cosmos on a great adventure (even though I really do believe that to be true)...I'm selfish and I want you here with us, goddamn it.

Despite what he was going through his focus/concern was always for others, especially his family. When members expressed sadness, emotional pain, he'd inject humor or try to lighten the mood to ease their pain.

His strength of character is unsurpassed. It's been an honor to have read his thoughts/opinions over the years, he will be sorely missed.

JAK
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morningglory
... It's been an honor to have read his thoughts/opinions over the years, he will be sorely missed.

Lives of great men all remind us
    We can make our lives sublime
    And departing leave behind us
    Footprints on the sands of time;

Footprints that perhaps another
    Sailing o’er life’s solemn main
    A forlorn and shipwrecked brother
    Seeing shall take heart again.

To be able to live that... To live so that your story is your greatest tribute, the highest compliment and a gift to those who come across it; so that in answer to the question, "Tell me about..." nothing betters the gently simplicity of "Go. Look." ...

Well done woodwardjnr.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

We love you Woody!

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hey Nick.

I hope you're comfortable mate.

Still missing you terribly.
Just thought I'd pop in and tell you about my day.

I woke up pretty late, about 2pm-ish.
Went to see my grandma round the corner.

We watched Chelsea's final pre season game before the league kicks off next week.
We won 4-2 against Werder Bremen.

Hazard scored. Yay.
That cheered me up a bit.

But I've been thinking about you a lot lately mate.

I feel forlorn a lot recently.
I've picked up a bad habit too in the last month.

But I don't want to divulge that just yet. Maybe later.

Could do with your advise right about now.
Anyways...

Then I had eggs, chips and beans for dinner.

Came home, watched a little bit more football, and when that finished I became glued to American Dad & Family Guy.

Anyways, it's 1:02am now...

So I'll probably head over to a couple of other threads to read before bed.

Sweet dreams you beautiful person.

Love you, mate, from Charlie.
XxXxX
edit on 7-8-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Fixed score line.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Still here Nick, every single day, wishing you peace and love!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Hi Woody.....it's pretty late here. Alittle after 2 am Monday morning , and I just finished working . You popped into my mind , and I Thought I'd check in to see how your doing . I hope you are able to read all these wonderful messages that everyone is sending you....or at least I hope you have someone reading them to you....i think about you and your family everyday and wish I could make it all better.... And since I am not near you, just know that I am sending you hugs from a far and keeping you in my prayers.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join