It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Privileged Are You?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Took this Cancerfeed test to check my privilege, after clicking a thread that had a Cancerfeed link.

Only 35 points of privilege wtf?

Srsly, wtf, who stole my points?

Spare some privilege, sir?

figured it being from Cancerfeed I'd have at least 90%... one day... one day..

How Privileged Are You?

hehe, its like a cancerfeed+facebook-athon.

edit on 2-5-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I don't know how to post a screenshot but my results were...

You live with 31 out of 100 points of privilege.

You’re not privileged at all. You grew up with an intersectional, complicated identity, and life never let you forget it. You’ve had your fair share of struggles, and you’ve worked hard to overcome them. We do not live in an ideal world and you had to learn that the hard way.

Who'da thunk it???

I'm whipping this out the next time someone tells me to check my privilege lol.
edit on 5/2/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

hit print screen

open ms paint

ctrl+p

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Well damn... that's just too much effort.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Not sure if I am suppose to deduct a privilege point, or add.. hmm.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Definitely deduct. I mean... it's not my fault that I am too lazy to do it. Had I not been groomed to be this way, there wouldn't be an issue.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Well let's see...

Roof over my head ? check

Food in my belly ? check

Clothes on my back ? check

Still breathing ? check

It's good to be king.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Looks like some one needs to C their P.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Good One!!, but no test for me. I would say on the personal scale of 1-10 i would be say around 4 . Not privileged in family status, money, business etc, but in personal life status. Generally happy, enough money, and capable of a reasonable life style for my family.......

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Compared to the vast majority of this planet I live like a king tapping away on my iPad in bed waiting for my coffee and cereal to be delivered to my bed sidelol:

edit on 2-5-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Temp content edit : Please U2U JAK for details if desired. Thanks CranialSponge.

edit on 2/5/16 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

31!

Gotta say it was a LONG quiz. I saw the scroll bar had like 20 feet left and considered quitting. Plus some of the phrased Qs were making me cross-eyed.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
self-edited
edit on 5.2.2016 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge check your pms

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Apparently i am super privileged, but i am really not feeling it.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Temp content edit : Please U2U JAK for details if desired. Thanks TechniXcality.
edit on 2/5/16 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

My "privilege" I thought all us right leaners were assumed to be privileged, the test must not be asking the right questions.. Perhaps it should of stopped at are you white?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
well i thought it would have been higher frankly

You live with 64 out of 100 points of privilege.

you’re quite privileged. You’ve had a few struggles, but overall your life has been far easier than most. This is not a bad thing, nor is it something to be ashamed of. But you should be aware of your advantages and work to help others who don’t have them. Thank you for checking your privilege.

to be fair, some questions i didn't know how to answer, there was one that said "All my jobs have been accommodating of my religious practices"
I'm an atheist, so how the heck do you even answer that? if i don't check it, then it sounds like i'm being oppressed for a religion i don't follow, if i check it, it sounds like i actively pray to the...gods of atheism at work?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
To the OP.

This is so heavily slanted towards American-style discrimination that a non-American (as is I) cannot really complete it because the questions are on American hang-ups. I scored 46, and it says...

You’re not privileged at all. You grew up with an intersectional, complicated identity, and life never let you forget it.

This is gibberish. I am quite privileged to live in a liberal society where issues raised are not really a concern. I am very sure of my identity.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I got a 38

I have a passport and lived overseas for a number of years. as a white westerner, tons of questions nuked itself in regards to not being the main demo, experiencing racism, experiencing issues with my "religion" (nearly got attacked in a bar in egypt when I said I was agnostic atheist and some very insane ranting directed at me), etc.

I imagine a lot of the low scores are a bit hair splitting and exaggertating, but legit I am seemingly underprivlieged..school of hard knocks and all sorts..oppression olympics frontrunner I guess.

this test is nonsense. it only demonstrates that everyones life experiences can be significantly different regardless of your gender, upbringing, race, migrant status, etc etc etc...you may start out with some disadvantages, but the rest is up to you..

And actually, the more disadvantaged that paper suggested I was, was a direct result of me becoming more advantaged..as I said, I owned a passport..travelling to foreign lands to achieve racism, bigotry, etc is actually..a outcome of hard work and success to get there.

Am I privlieged?....sure..absolutely..because I worked to be...not because I was born into it..and their test shows how broken it is, because if I am considered underprivileged, then they just simply have it wrong.
edit on 2-5-2016 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join