It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crack for cats - cat will be going cold turkey after dangerous "Temptations" addiction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The key to the Temptations treats is 2 or 3 at a time maybe twice a day . Some cat owners go overboard because their cats like them so much. Not good. Moderation , always moderation.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Our cat whose terribly spoilt but so lovely we can't help it gets a variety of treats which we put in her biscuits.

Thanks for the tip off though. Does anyone remember when Whiskers cat tins were all the rage and cats seemed to prefer it over all the other makes? I suspect this has been going on for a long time and we just didn't know - I wonder whether the other cat food manufacturers (if they aren't owned by the same group at the top of the chain) will resort to the same tactics?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Your source is a pay-for ratings site. Snopes also has listed this as a hoax.

socialnewsdaily.com...

Despite the post being shared many times, the post was deleted. Probably because it wasn’t true. But, that didn’t stop many Facebook users from sharing their concerns with the Temptations page. After plenty of posts, the company finally addressed the cat lover’s fears and said while they were aware of the claims, they were entirely untrue.

www.flyingpointdigital.com...

As Consumer Affairs directly impacts a brand’s online reputation, and populates the most coveted digital real estate, it’s hard to ignore. Your brand must manage its listing as well as respond to customer reviews as part of your overall digital reputation management strategy. However, are the benefits associated with a paid Consumer Affairs package worth its steep price tag?

Snopes lists the renal failure claims as a hoax. Which is fine, and it should be disseminated if there is no proof of renal failure. However, the cat-addiction problem I and others Im sure can attest to. I don't have cats anymore, but when I did I trained them with those treats. Bizarre how easy it was.

Since then I've developed into a dog owner, and I feed my pup raw foods. There's a huge push against raw, because it's taking away from the dry dog food industry, which is just pumping left over crap into hard-undigestable nuggets that dehydrate your animal.

There are raw diets for both feline and canine by the way. But my pup will start spinning around in circles, jumping up and down when she gets her raw food. Dry food she barely pays mind to it, eats when she absolutely has to.

It's amazing the difference you see in them with raw food. You can even formulate your own diet if you are really concerned. Mine uses a regular brand, but I make her a special treat with sirloin steak every now and then.

When our vet tried to warn against it, claiming it's "junk food cause they just put pure meat in those formulations."

I laughed, since our pup gets just as excited for lettuce, carrots, and peppers. She loves anything raw, anything fresh. When she gets fresh steak, ho-ly-cow. Temptations has nothing on real steak.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

In my opinion , I believe that the treats just taste so good to them. My 2 cat's treats are a piece of thin cut deli meat / day.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
OMG!
I thought my cats were just being gluttonous slobs. Its literally any time anyone in my house walk into the kitchen, both cats are meowing and trying to leg climb to get these treats.
I honestly thought they just were becoming used to getting treats all the time and thought it was now routine.
This is crazy

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
There could be some weight to this story, Ive been addicted to them for about a year now..

All jokes aside, my cats will always opt for these over cat food, when I've put both out. I've only been giving them as a treat and had no problems so far.
edit on 2/5/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I give these to my cats and they do come running when I shake that little bag but they don't act crazy. We call it kitty crack though which is kind of funny. You're only supposed to give them about ten pieces a day. It's like candy.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
We use them because they are the only treats we have found that says it can be safely used as a meal replacement, so we dont have to worry about giving them too much. When we run out, we dont have any of these insane problems people are talking about.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I dunno, I've had many cats, and given out many brands of treats (including Temptations) and NONE ever had any "addiction" reaction to treats. Our late big fluffy black geezer kitty had a serious candy bar problem (he ate 3 Snickers bars after getting into a purse -- and LIVED! No adverse issues at ALL) But addicted to a specific brand of treats? Never experienced that personally with mine.

I used to have a Boston Terrier that would beg, whine & salivate all over the floor if we had pig ears, though. An otherwise very well-behaved dog (came pre-trained via obedience school even) but them damn pig ears was his self-control undoing.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Kitty Crack....my cats go nuts for these things.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20671377]nOraKat[/pos

I started giving my one year old cat these a month ago and now he wakes me you all night trying to get me to give him treats and he wont eat his regular food.. I thought it was funny at first....not anymore.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I just Googled 'cat addicted to Whiskas Temptations' and one of the main results took me right back to ATS.

I bought my cat Max a couple of pouches of Whiskas Temptations 2 days ago and he has hardly touched his regular dry food since. Constantly pawing and meowing at me for the Temptations.

I wonder if there's catnip in there or something, they made him a bit crazy.

I'm going to lay off giving them to him for a few days, hopefully he takes back to his regular undrugged food.

My grandfather has been giving his cat these treats for years. He'll give the cat a small handful twice a day like clockwork.

The regularity of it didn't seem strange to me until just now, my grandpop's cat is like a junkie going to the kitty methadone clinic for his regular fix.

I think I'll be gifting what's left of the pouch and a half I have to my grandfather for his cat, the two of them seem to have a system worked out haha.

edit on 4/14/2017 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
My cats been eating temptations for years. Oh and she likes it from the first time she smelled them. How can a cat who's never had the treat be addicted to it before eating any at all?

This is so stupid.

Oh hey they made a product cats like.
Maybe the issue here is spending a little change for your cat. You know I hear it cuts into the beer budget.

I buy the big pouch that's five bucks.

And No she acts like a normal cat.
Well she's smart and playful but she's a Siamese and that's how they are..

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger

I also give my cat catnip sometimes. It doesn't make them act crazy. They usually just roll around on top of it.

These stories sound like fiction to me. I've had cats as pets my whole life. They all just rolled around on catnip. I've never seen any of them go crazy or act weird from it. And I've never seen them eat it either.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger

How do the cats act if they don't get it? Do they sneak bills out of your wallet when you're not looking? Have the kitty crack guy on speed dial? Sneaking into shady neighborhoods at night and stuff?
Or do they go about their day? Do they suffer withdrawal symptoms? Vomit and sleep then vomit some more?

Nope.
It's just a cat treat.
My cat runs to the kitchen when I open a can of tuna and acts the same way she does for the treats. She meows and rubs against my leg until I give her some of the water from the can. Is my Chicken of the Sea albacore laced with kitty crack?

I think some people are just inexperienced with cats and think cat behavior is strange.
It is compared to a dog for sure. But my kitty babies have all pretty much behaved the same even before the invention of temptations cat treats.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
FFS - a food toxicology report costs [ UK ] £2700 GBP - thats a full report that you can use in a court case - with EVERYTHING ISO validated for calibrations etc etc - and for an aditional fee - the tech will appear as a witness for you

if there was any validity to theis nonsense - dont you think someone would have " jumped through the hoops " by now

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Hmmmm....

I've never given these treats to my cats. Normally if I want to give them a treat, I open up a can of tuna.

I think I'll be a bit leery of these things now.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Maybe the issue here is spending a little change for your cat. You know I hear it cuts into the beer budget.

Not sure who pissed in your cornflakes, lady, but I don't drink. And I spend plenty on my cat, thanks.

Take this judgmental holier-than-thou act somewhere else.

You keep giving your cat that # with God knows what in it, I've seen when it does to my cat and I don't want him having any more. If it's working for you, good. Fine. You do you. It's not working for me. No need to get hostile or defensive about it, might I suggest some fresh air?

This is why I avoid posting about pet issues online, there's always that one crazy cat lady with all of the answers full of unnecessary hostility from a lifetime of bitter loneliness.

My cat who I have had for 7 years does not act normally after getting Whiskas Temptations. Sorry if that triggers you. Max will get tuna as a treat going forward.
edit on 4/14/2017 by Monger because: words

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join