It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Post: How Donald Trump beats Hillary Clinton

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Does anyone think that, in the debates, Hillary will be able to withstand the blunt-force trauma the braggadocious billionaire deployed to knock Jeb and his other rivals out of the race?

Trump won’t hesitate to hammer her, and everything from Monica Lewinsky and Bubba’s “bimbo eruptions” to Whitewater, to Benghazi will be on the table. He’ll also saddle her with the miserable Obama economy — seven straight years of anemic growth below 3 percent, the coal industry collapsing, a record number of able-bodied men and women out of the workforce. Millions will cheer.

In the last few primaries, Trump outperformed his poll numbers by 6 percent (New York) to 12 percent (Pennsylvania). Which indicates that — surprise — folks sometimes lie to pollsters even as they secretly admire Trump’s freewheeling positions on such hot-button issues as illegal immigration, Islamic terrorism and the Obama administration’s diplomatic ineptitude.
How Donald Trump beats Hillary Clinton

After studying the Trump VP issue, I'm starting to think Condoleezza Rice may be the right choice. There's currently a 5% chance of it happening according to the following market:

Will Condoleezza Rice win the 2016 Republican vice presidential nomination?

Quoting a post from the discussion linked to directly above:

Here are 5 reasons a Condoleezza Rice VP pick would be a positive to RNOM Trump:

1. Rice was a better secretary of state then Hilary
2. Rice has extensive foreign policy resume
3. Rice will win Trump the establishment support
4. Rice is a woman so 'Trump sexist' attacks become weak
5. Rice is black so 'Trump racist' attacks loses its punching power
5. Rice & Hilary both strongly supported the war in Iraq at the time so they cancel each other out

How about Condoleezza Rice?

In a way, Condi is not only the anti-Sarah Palin, she’s also the anti-Hillary. Personally, I think she would make a great presidential candidate, but she has never run for office, and she refused to allow herself to be drafted to run for the U.S. Senate seat which Senator Barbara Boxer is vacating in California, even though polls in blue California put Condi on top. (When urged to run for Senate, she supposedly quipped that she didn’t want to be one of a hundred of anything.)

But Condi Rice could be the perfect Republican VP candidate in 2016.
Ready for Condi (as VP)

Trump/Rice 2016?

In a perfect world, I think Carson would be a much better choice. Carson seems to want the job:

Ben Carson Thinks He Has a Shot of Being Donald Trump's Running Mate

And, judging by Trump's body language in the following clip, it looks to me like Trump really likes Carson. I tend to judge people's body language over what they say. I believe that's usually far more accurate.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I agree with you about your stance on Trump needing an ethnic minority or woman as his VP but I think he's already had someone in mind for a while.

I think he very carefully choss his administration and did ak excellent job of doing so and I think he's going to pick the perfect VP as well.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
In another thread, days ago, I suggested Condoleezza Rice as a possible V.P. for Trump. I believe she would be an excellent choice...for many of the reasons outlined in the OP source.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Yeah Man, Rice would be the smart thing to do. I just wish trump would disinvite Kristy Kremes from the party. Trump Steaks with some Trump/Rice.
edit on 1-5-2016 by MEDIKATED because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I agree its logical some trump supports won't admit it publicly

but doesn't that make you wonder about what is really attracting people to trump and if a trump presidency will be good for us ?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

How are you going to call him a racist misogynist if he has a black female VP?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
There will more likely be an "anonymous" type of VP nominee. One of Trump's strong points is the distance he already has from Operation Iraqi Liberation.

Foreseeing Saudi Arabia - 9/11 subject being a hot topic in the future, selecting the point person for that fiasco as VP of the Future....nah. It would be a regressive step-back...I don't think the target voters would swallow the bait, no, not this.

It'd be just as likely as Joe Biden getting the call, someone who WILL NOT clash with Trump's persona. I wish I had a better suggestion than Rice, but it's not an easy call.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I have always thought Condoleezza Rice would be a great President or V.P.

She is extremely intelligent and her favorite band is Led Zeppelin.

I wish she were the Presidential candidate.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Having a Black VP is not going to be viewed as sincere. Its going to be viewed as pandering.

There are very few scenarios which result in a Trump victory.

The GOP is splintered. The blue-bloods will not vote for Trump.

While the Democrats are infighting as well, most of them will still rally around Hillery to avoid a Trump Presidency.

In order for Trump to win, he would need every Republican vote and the Left leaning Independents and thats just not going to happen.

With hate for Obama at an all time high, the GOP still could not produce a win simply because Libertarians and true conservatives were disgusted by a candidate like Romney.

Candidate Trump would produce the same result.

edit on 1-5-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Political Baiting and Sniping on ATS – Please Review Link.
edit on 5/2/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: Edited to correct names of politicians. Please use their given names.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Well, I voted for Ross Perot because I wasworried about the 1 trillion dollar debt. I guess I was wrong. We have over 19 trillion devt now and everything is fine.
Maybe Hillary will sellect Oprah Winfrey as her VP....

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Sorry I just don't see Democrats, Latinos, African Americans, Muslims, and the LGBT community ditching Clinton and voting for Donald Trump because of the e-mails and Benghazi.

Donald Trump is already seen as the villain among many in those groups.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Reverse that, Oprah would be an immensely more effective president than Hillary could ever hope to be.

Condi rice would be a brilliant VP for trump. Anyone who would see it as pandering would be blatantly showing how little they know about anything politics related. Unfortunately, that's most voters probably.
Maybe if he selected her it would actually drive more people, especially minorities & woman, to look into her personal history & record & reexamine their own views & views on trump.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Yes. It would be somewhat of a pandering move, but realistically, every move a presidential candidate makes has an element of "pandering" to it. In the defense of politicians (not something I am normally inclined to do), if they absolutely refuse to pander to the likes/dislikes of the masses, they would accomplished the goal of feeling totally dignified when they give their concession speech and discuss their failed run for office for years to come.

In defense of the pick of Condi, while there may be a pandering element to it, she is indeed intelligent and qualified enough to justify the move. A true pandering move would be to pick an unqualified candidate merely to check off an item or two that will please a certain demographic.

In my opinion though, I don't think he will pick her because of her ties to the Iraq war.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Whom he picks as a VP does nothing change who he is as a person. That ignorant, simplistic thinking is equal to those that thought racism would be gone after we elected Obama.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Right-wing media New York Post is praising Trump?

Why am I not surprised?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Why am I not surprised?

Funny right, I like the racist argument though. Almost as bad as saying, I can't be a racist because I know black people. I honestly don't think Trump is a racist, but the argument is ridiculous. I'm at a point of giving up on posting anymore because it's not about facts in these threads anymore, it's about what people just want to hear.
edit on 2-5-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

originally posted by: swanne

Why am I not surprised?

Funny right, I like the racist argument though. Almost as bad as saying, I can't be a racist because I know black people. I honestly don't think Trump is a racist, but the argument is ridiculous. I'm at a point of giving up on posting anymore because it's not about facts in these threads anymore, it's about what people just want to hear.

It's troubling.

There are folks who are using women/minorities as political props in Trump's campaign so that he has a larger basis of support.

These same people then proceed to slam "career politicians," for "pandering," to voters and "telling them what they want to hear."

But - when it comes to their boy partaking in these SAME actions, it's all good, man!

Trump has used political pandering far more than any other candidate, and it's telling how many support and defend him whilst doing so.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What's funny, is that Trump's extensive history of hiring female execs, kind of shows that he certainly feels women are just as capable as men across the board. Those are the real facts about his "sexism"...

Rice would be an excellent choice, no doubt there.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I would only have to add pandering to my cute nickname

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
condi is 60 years old and a Faculty member at Stanford, I imagine she has the life she wants

if she had political aspirations, she would run for potus, not 2nd banana to drumpf

did quail make bush younger ?
did palin make mccain sexier ?
did biden make obama whiter ?

if she were dumb enough to go back to DC with the clown, I hope americans would be smart enough to see through it

top topics

<<   2 >>

join