It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we "fix" Transgender people??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I never said you were retarded but I will take your selfish response to mean that you are in favor of leaving babies born with mental retardation the way they are instead of fixing their development problem.
Neither homosexuality nor transgenderism are disabilities.
I take it you think that "fixing" people should be a requirement. Everyone must be fixed. We must have a perfect world.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

I never said you were retarded but I will take your selfish response to mean that you are in favor of leaving babies born with mental retardation the way they are instead of fixing their development problem.

Not being able to function "normally" in life - - - has no comparison to Gender Dysphoria.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras
BTW since when does a tiny percent of messed up people get to decide what gender I am?

Can we address the majority of "messed up people" that decided what gender THEY are? Fortunately, that percentage is getting lower all the time.

I am in fact MALE!!

That's exactly what a transgender male says. If you don't want to adopt the label of cisgender, don't. But you can't control what other people call you any more than they can control what you say about them.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
Nope, I don't want to live in a homogenous world where everyone is the same, believes the same things, lives the same way and acts the same as everyone else.

Straight/gay/trans/black/white/fat/thin/tall/short.. none of these things have any importance, all that matters is if you're a decent human being or not.

Being cruel, hateful, spiteful, self absorbed, greedy etc..these are disorders we should be looking to cure.

Tall short are traits, fat thin are more dependent on the environment.

But the pet subject here, sexual preference, is just how you reach orgasm and some people can only reach orgasm by torturing or raping other humans...hope that categorizes where sexual preference belongs in the big picture.

They're not sexual preferences, they're the characteristic symptoms of more serious associative disorders. The people being discussed by the OP harm nobody and have done nothing wrong.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: yuppa

Fix all birth defects that are possible.
A child born with mental retardation is no different than one born with gender issues. People would not expect to leave children retarded if there was a cure at birth, it would be considered cruel.

Oh so Im retarded huh? Really smooth there calling people with gender dysphoria/gender issues retarded. COmparing the two conditions is really bad thing to do. WOuld you had accepted eugenics to be used to create this master race of people where there is no divergence in anyone?

The mark of a good society is how well they treat others who have issues. I fear for our future as a species if we go down the "gattaaca" path.

YOU see a problem i see something that is a challenge to rise above a condition. Retardation occurs for many reasons. but having gender dysphoria is not mental retardation. you are comparing them to each other just because they happen in the brain. I dont see many transgenders with downs syndrome or anything that would be considered mental retardation.

You IMPLIES all Transgender and Dysphoric people were Metally retarded though. THATS what I was driving at.

No I didn't, you did.

I stated that people would expect to fix one problem at birth, mental retardation, so why not others like transgender birth.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I have a moral question. If you consider that the quality of life for many transgender people and the suicide rate are both appalling, would it be wrong to "fix" transgenderism at birth? Do you think a child's parents would have the right to make that call?

My understanding is that when child is born intersex the doctor will sometimes pick what to do with the ambiguous genitalia. Is that wrong? It seems like when possible it's pretty much done to make the child's life easier.

I certainly don't like the idea of people being forced (and I suppose that's what you're doing in these cases), but at childbirth to make someone's life a whole lot easier? I'm not quite sure I would disagree with a parent who made that call.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Do you think a child's parents would have the right to make that call?
Yes.

My understanding is that when child is born intersex the doctor will sometimes pick what to do with the ambiguous genitalia. Is that wrong? It seems like when possible it's pretty much done to make the child's life easier.
Yeah, good intentions and all that.

I'm not quite sure I would disagree with a parent who made that call.
But that is not what the OP is on about:

I mean should we begin "fixing" all the kids diagnosed with these disorders after the process is confirmed to work and be safe?

1) do nothing obviously, neither swapping/and hormones nor the brain change.

2) swap name/dress and continue on the process we use today.

3) have their brains required to be that of their birth sex.

edit on 5/1/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Nope, I don't want to live in a homogenous world where everyone is the same, believes the same things, lives the same way and acts the same as everyone else.

Straight/gay/trans/black/white/fat/thin/tall/short.. none of these things have any importance, all that matters is if you're a decent human being or not.

Being cruel, hateful, spiteful, self absorbed, greedy etc..these are disorders we should be looking to cure.

But the pet subject here, sexual preference, is just how you reach orgasm and some people can only reach orgasm by torturing or raping other humans...hope that categorizes where sexual preference belongs in the big picture.

They're not sexual preferences, they're the characteristic symptoms of more serious associative disorders. The people being discussed by the OP harm nobody and have done nothing wrong.

The people being discussed just dropped out of their mothers womb, I should hope they haven't done anything yet besides cry when slapped on the backside by the doctor. Are you saying homosexuality is a characteristic symptom of a more serious associative disorder? Because how you reach orgasm is all the choice boils down to. Careful now. If someone is only aroused to orgasm by violence and they can fix that at birth, would you be for it?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Neither homosexuality nor transgenderism are disabilities.
I take it you think that "fixing" people should be a requirement. Everyone must be fixed. We must have a perfect world.

Not so fast.
There are a lot of transgender people on record describing emotional stress and depression because of their condition. Those conditions lead to other serious health issues.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That is not what the OP is about.

I was just wondering what your opinion would be with a different set of circumstances.

"Having their brains required to be that of their birth sex" was painful to read for a number of reasons.

My opinions on all of this have been evolving rather slowly. My lady friend made a comment the other day after we briefly discussed this topic and I'm beginning to accept that I've been a bigot and acted like an ass. I hate it when she's right, mainly because of how often it happens.

Appreciate the reply.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

There are a lot of transgender people on record describing emotional stress and depression because of their condition.
Those stresses are the result of being ostracized. You know, like being forced to use the wrong restroom. You know, like being told that you're faking. Less than human. Of not being able to live their life as they want to.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
y understanding is that when child is born intersex the doctor will sometimes pick what to do with the ambiguous genitalia. Is that wrong? It seems like when possible it's pretty much done to make the child's life easier.

Old school.

No longer recommended.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

There are a lot of transgender people on record describing emotional stress and depression because of their condition.
Those stresses are the result of being ostracized. You know, like being forced to use the wrong restroom. You know, like being told that you're faking. Less than human. Of not being able to live their life as they want to.

That was very one sided in your choices of stress reasons that could lead to depression.

How about looking in the mirror and seeing a man when their mind is a woman or having a natural motherly instinct knowing they can never give birth. Having tastes in style that do not go with a male body.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

The people being discussed just dropped out of their mothers womb, I should hope they haven't done anything yet besides cry when slapped on the backside by the doctor. Are you saying homosexuality is a characteristic symptom of a more serious associative disorder? Because how you reach orgasm is all the choice boils down to. Careful now. If someone is only aroused to orgasm by violence and they can fix that at birth, would you be for it?

I'm not saying that about homosexuals no because being gay is not a disorder.

To answer the last question, no I wouldn't be for it because until they've acted upon their urges or at the very least displayed an interest in doing so, they still haven't done anything wrong.

As I said; it's a symptom of a more serious disorder; likely the result of trauma experienced throughout life than some inherent trait that can be fixed before birth.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

How about looking in the mirror and seeing a man when their mind is a woman or having a natural motherly instinct knowing they can never give birth. Having tastes in style that do not go with a male body.
Interesting. Do transgenders have "motherly instincts?" What "tastes in style" do not go with a male body? Skirts? A Scottish man might disagree.
So might this guy:
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Ahhh

Following diagnostic work-up, newborns with intersex should be given a gender assignment as boy or girl, depending on which of those genders the child is more likely to feel as she or he grows up. Note that gender assignment does not involve surgery; it involves assigning a label as boy or girl to a child. (Genital “normalizing” surgery does not create or cement a gender identity; it just takes tissue away that they patient may want later.)

Surgeries done to make the genitals look “more normal” should not be performed until a child is mature enough to make an informed decision for herself or himself. Before the patient makes a decision, she or he should be introduced to patients who have and have not had the surgery. Once she or he is fully informed, she or he should be provided access to a patient-centered surgeon.

Link

Makes sense.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I'm not saying that about homosexuals no because being gay is not a disorder.

To answer the last question, no I wouldn't be for it because until they've acted upon their urges or at the very least displayed an interest in doing so, they still haven't done anything wrong.

As I said; it's a symptom of a more serious disorder; likely the result of trauma experienced throughout life than some inherent trait that can be fixed before birth.

So homosexuality is a result of trauma? It is only a path for reaching orgasm, is it from birth onward or not?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Please contribute to previously posted thread on this subject located here.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join