It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we "fix" Transgender people??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: JoshuaCox

What do you choose?

I choose not indulging a group of people that's decided some people need to be fixed

Aren't we fixing the kids who are diagnosed trans by swapping their name/dress and starting hormones???

It seems as if people are cool with anything almost that doesn't make them "normal"....

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

it's not Homosexual/Transgender who are broken that need fixing. It's the rest of society who don't treat them with dignity and respect and create an environment in which they cannot thrive and live as equals that need fixing.

Maybe we should consider a FIX for bigots, racists and homophobes. A little early detection goes a long way.

Just saying. It's a two way street. It's not something that can be treated in a generalized manner. It has too many ethical/moral and societal implications to open up that sort of can of worms.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I've seen a whole lot of gay/trans people say they would have been born "normal" if they had a choice, but they were born they way they were so...

Think that has anything to do with being ostracized? About being told they are sick, or faking.

I'm sure it has loads to do with that, but that still exists and will for the foreseeable. So it has to be part of the calculation any parent makes..

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

You read too much nonsense, then you believe it - all

I wish that could be fixed

Is this the same thing? If so, I would enjoy hearing you explain how

:-)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Nope, I don't want to live in a homogenous world where everyone is the same, believes the same things, lives the same way and acts the same as everyone else.

Straight/gay/trans/black/white/fat/thin/tall/short.. none of these things have any importance, all that matters is if you're a decent human being or not.

Being cruel, hateful, spiteful, self absorbed, greedy etc..these are disorders we should be looking to cure.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I am not wherever "cisgender" is.

BTW since when does a tiny percent of messed up people get to decide what gender I am?

I am male!!! Not your BS " cisgender " retardation.

I am in fact MALE!!

Say it right or stop talking you are making yourself look foolish!

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Phage

No. Mandating a genetic modification procedure on the children of others is not a good step to take. It reeks of eugenics.

this!
couldn't stated it better myself!

Isn't that what we are doing now to kids diagnosed as trans???

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Aren't we fixing the kids who are diagnosed trans by swapping their name/dress and starting hormones???

I'm going to give you the most sincere answer I can give you

The only reason anyone wants to change anything is because our culture doesn't accept people the way they were born

Think about how many categories that covers. Think about how many problems we could fix by changing how we think. No surgery or hormones necessary

Your question is hypothetical. I gave you my answer - now I've given you two

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

What do you choose?

I choose to not indulge a group of people that's decided some people need to be fixed

Modern feminism claims there is something inherently wrong with masculinity and men and should be fixed.

One of the biggest fallacies ever.

But, back to topic.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
Nope, I don't want to live in a homogenous world where everyone is the same, believes the same things, lives the same way and acts the same as everyone else.

Straight/gay/trans/black/white/fat/thin/tall/short.. none of these things have any importance, all that matters is if you're a decent human being or not.

Being cruel, hateful, spiteful, self absorbed, greedy etc..these are disorders we should be looking to cure.

Tall short are traits, fat thin are more dependent on the environment.

But the pet subject here, sexual preference, is just how you reach orgasm and some people can only reach orgasm by torturing or raping other humans...hope that categorizes where sexual preference belongs in the big picture.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

That's very triggering language. I used cisgender because it's easier to say than someone who identifies with the sex they were born as.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras
a reply to: Domo1

I am not wherever "cisgender" is.

BTW since when does a tiny percent of messed up people get to decide what gender I am?

I am male!!! Not your BS " cisgender " retardation.

I am in fact MALE!!

Touchy!

Touchy!

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

We should accept them as a natural expression of the species. We don't need to fix what isn't broken.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Fix all birth defects that are possible.
A child born with mental retardation is no different than one born with gender issues. People would not expect to leave children retarded if there was a cure at birth, it would be considered cruel.

Oh so Im retarded huh? Really smooth there calling people with gender dysphoria/gender issues retarded. COmparing the two conditions is really bad thing to do. WOuld you had accepted eugenics to be used to create this master race of people where there is no divergence in anyone?

The mark of a good society is how well they treat others who have issues. I fear for our future as a species if we go down the "gattaaca" path.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

The X Y ones,

Those are chromosomes. Not genes. Genes are components of DNA.
The claim is that sex is determined by DNA. Which genes determine sex?

edit on 5/1/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

We agree! :-)

So - it is possible...

edit on 5/1/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: I needed to exclaim

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

No. There's actual broken things in the world.

And who gets to determine what is broken and what isn't? ... are religious people broken? are atheists broken? where do you draw the line and who gets to make the decision?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

A child born with mental retardation is no different than one born with gender issues. People would not expect to leave children retarded if there was a cure at birth, it would be considered cruel.

Oh so Im retarded huh? Really smooth there calling people with gender dysphoria/gender issues retarded. COmparing the two conditions is really bad thing to do. WOuld you had accepted eugenics to be used to create this master race of people where there is no divergence in anyone?

The mark of a good society is how well they treat others who have issues. I fear for our future as a species if we go down the "gattaaca" path.

I never said you were retarded but I will take your selfish response to mean that you are in favor of leaving babies born with mental retardation the way they are instead of fixing their development problem.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

3) have their brains required to be that of their birth sex.

Just because a clear reminder of the OP's position is in order.

No, no such measures should be required. No more so than requiring an abortion for an actual disability should be.

edit on 5/1/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

I never said you were retarded but I will take your selfish response to mean that you are in favor of leaving babies born with mental retardation the way they are instead of fixing their development problem.

YOU see a problem i see something that is a challenge to rise above a condition. Retardation occurs for many reasons. but having gender dysphoria is not mental retardation. you are comparing them to each other just because they happen in the brain. I dont see many transgenders with downs syndrome or anything that would be considered mental retardation.

You IMPLIES all Transgender and Dysphoric people were Metally retarded though. THATS what I was driving at.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join