It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we "fix" Transgender people??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Politics and the social environment have a lot to do about people deciding they are homosexual.

Really? Hmmm... People "decide" they are homosexual because of politics... mmm-kay.

And transgender is even more so. Not content with being merely homosexual, yet another step is required, a surgical fix so that one sex can pretend to be the other.

So, in your mind, people who ""decide" they're homosexual eventually become discontented with that and then, further "decide" that they're the opposite gender?

Where do you come up with this stuff?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If we have said technology we should use it to fix the people who spend their lives worrying about how other people choose to love and be with. That would be far more effective.

And to use something Phage said as an example, who defines what the limits are? Skin pigment changes can be stretched to the "disorder " category if you really try I guess. Anybody brown or darker needs to get fixed? The whole notion is beyond ludicrous.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: schuyler

The DNA does not lie,

Tell me, which genes determine one's sex?

The X Y ones, which is why transgendered IS considered a disorder. Gender is not as subjective as "who you are attracted to."

If you are born with the body of a male, medically you should have been born wired as one as well.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

a reply to: TinfoilTP

We were talking transgenderism, don't muddy the waters with homosexuals.
Did you read the OP?

Again, neither is a disability.

Well then that is the problem, transgenderism and homosexualism are not the same, and each is not dependent on the other.
The hidden agenda against intervention, is that there would be a whole lot less visual homosexuals if transgenderism was fixed at birth. In their minds they would be attracted to the same sex as before, but their bodies would match natures whole penis/vagina evolution for procreation.

Transgenders can be gay, bi, straight, sexually fluid, whatever.

Has nothing to do with their sexual body parts.

And if they fix them at birth so their bodies match their brains then they can still be " gay, bi, straight, sexually fluid, whatever".

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Given the limited options you offered...I would choose #2.

Without such limited options, even after a medical test, I would do nothing and wait until they were about 16 (depending on the child) and to let them choose any changes they chose.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

The DNA does not lie,

The X Y ones, which is why transgendered IS considered a disorder. Gender is not as subjective as "who you are attracted to."

If you are born with the body of a male, medically you should have been born wired as one as well.

That only determines what sex you physically are, not which one you identify as being.

I'm from the uk. Born in England. I class myself as British. A lot would call me English. Does that mean I need to be "fixed" to agree with the masses?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DuckforcoveR
If we have said technology we should use it to fix the people who spend their lives worrying about how other people choose to love and be with. That would be far more effective.

And to use something Phage said as an example, who defines what the limits are? Skin pigment changes can be stretched to the "disorder " category if you really try I guess. Anybody brown or darker needs to get fixed? The whole notion is beyond ludicrous.

The skin pigment disorders are a thing people are treated for. Not because they are "too dark." But because they have splotches and such.

Thransgender is not a race or ethnic group. It is by the most liberal definition a genetic mistake causing one's brain to be wired as the opposite sex. People on the conservative side would call it a choice or every gay/trans person is brainwashed or lying.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

We were talking transgenderism, don't muddy the waters with homosexuals.
Did you read the OP?

Again, neither is a disability.

Well then that is the problem, transgenderism and homosexualism are not the same, and each is not dependent on the other.
The hidden agenda against intervention, is that there would be a whole lot less visual homosexuals if transgenderism was fixed at birth. In their minds they would be attracted to the same sex as before, but their bodies would match natures whole penis/vagina evolution for procreation.

Transgenders can be gay, bi, straight, sexually fluid, whatever.

Has nothing to do with their sexual body parts.

And if they fix them at birth so their bodies match their brains then they can still be " gay, bi, straight, sexually fluid, whatever".

Yes.

Just trying to be clear.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: greydaze
I say live and let live..If a person is "trans"Leave them alone..

That goes both ways though and it seems they're not going to leave anyone alone.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

The DNA does not lie,

That only determines what sex you physically are, not which one you identify as being.

I'm from the uk. Born in England. I class myself as British. A lot would call me English. Does that mean I need to be "fixed" to agree with the masses?

If you come up with anything resembling a fair comparison I will be happy to answer...

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Wow. How terrified are you of gay people OP? You realize this is not a disorder. It has been around since the birth of humanity and is also present in the animal kingdom. No. We should not be "fixing" anyone.

I also would like not to identify as being in a "We" with you. I am all for researching "fixes" to closed minded individuals. They have been holding the world back as a whole for centuries.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

What do you choose?

I choose to not indulge a group of people that's decided some people need to be fixed

edit on 5/1/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Given the limited options you offered...I would choose #2.

Without such limited options, even after a medical test, I would do nothing and wait until they were about 16 (depending on the child) and to let them choose any changes they chose.

Really that would be 1, do nothing....by 16 is is more the kids choice, than it was yours. Doing it at 5, is your choice not the kids..

2) was swap there name and dress at early childhood, then start hormone blockers before puberty.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

The DNA does not lie,

If you come up with anything resembling a fair comparison I will be happy to answer...

It is a fair comparison.

I identify as British even though most/some would call me English.

Transgender identify as male/female even though there physical body calls them otherwise.

link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: greydaze
I say live and let live..If a person is "trans"Leave them alone..

That goes both ways though and it seems they're not going to leave anyone alone.

The persecuted has spoken.

Good thing many non-trans believe in, support, and fight for Equal Rights of a minority.
edit on 1-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

link   
sure? why the # not. the real question is should we eliminate an aspect of human kind that causes unnecessary entropy.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Should we genetically cure diseases that god clearly intended for the baby to have?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

The hidden agenda against intervention, is that there would be a whole lot less visual homosexuals if transgenderism was fixed at birth.
What is a visual homosexual?

You just contradicted yourself. You said there was no relationship between homosexuality and transgenderism.

transgenderism and homosexualism are not the same, and each is not dependent on the other.

You have to put some thought scenarios to it.

Womans mind born with mans body attracted to men. No intervention the person goes on to have man with man relations and is considered to be a homosexual by others. Fix the transgender issue at birth and the person goes on to have relations with men same as before but is considered heterosexual. To the persons mind there is no change, to the visual outward appearance to others there is a complete reversal.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
You know I am going to say this topic does point out one thing, Parents are Dumb if they think child behavior depicts choice later. Funny thing it takes a condom commercial to make the point.

Warning Suggestive overtones, and Funny as Hell, may not be safe for Prudish Offices.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

What do you choose?

I choose to not indulge a group of people that's decided some people need to be fixed

Um, college campuses are RIFE with an ideology that says white people are broken and need to be fixed. Modern feminism claims there is something inherently wrong with masculinity and men and should be fixed.
edit on 1-5-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join