It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we "fix" Transgender people??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

If they had a cleft lip, why waste the money to fix it? who knows they might rather keep it..

A cleft palate is debilitating.
A club foot is debilitating.

edit on 5/1/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Regarding transgender people, it should be just as it is now. The individual who is affected makes the decision, along with a team of medical healthcare professionals. I could be wrong, but I would imagine the core identity (brain) would win out, in other words, most would still rather change their body than change their awareness of themselves.

I've seen a whole lot of gay/trans people say they would have been born "normal" if they had a choice, but they were born they way they were so...

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I've seen a whole lot of gay/trans people say they would have been born "normal" if they had a choice, but they were born they way they were so...

Think that has anything to do with being ostracized? About being told they are sick, or faking.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
I'm really not totally disagreeing with you here, but when using the child opinion as a measuring stick, it's a child with no real concept of consequences.

I didn't say anything about a child making a decision.

The "normal" timeline proposed by the trans community, is diagnosing the kid at 4ish, and swapping identity, then chemically blocking puberty as young as 9.

Please don't try to educate me on transgender people.

Wouldn't they be making that decision with a brain with flawed wiring??

As others have said, you're assuming WAY too much. There is nothing "flawed" about LGB or T. Your obsession with it, and your desire to muck with other people, is the flaw.

link   

originally posted by: Phage

If they had a cleft lip, why waste the money to fix it? who knows they might rather keep it..

A cleft palate is debilitating.
A club foot is debilitating.

I'm pretty sure the entire trans kid argument is based on the fact it is debilitating to those effected to attempt to live as the opposite sex.
edit on 1-5-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

why waste any more money and energy on transexual and homosexual, there are plenty of living starving and missing children that our money and energy can go towards. I say let the individual choose whatever they want to do when they are adults on their own dime, and put the money and energy towards something that actually needs to be fixed.

Why fix any birth defect?

Cleft lip affects the ability to eat and talk.

Not a realistic argument.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure the entire trans kid argument is based on the fact it is debilitating to those effected to attempt lot to live say the opposite.
So, let's "fix" everyone who is ostracized for being who they are. Then the world would be perfect.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Because that and transgendered( where the topic originated) are considered disorders.

Homosexuality is not considered a disorder.

It's all in the AMA definitions. Just like alcoholism is a disease instead of a character flaw because the AMA says it is. Lots of those definitions are political. Today homosexuality is not considered a disorder. Yesterday, it was. The whole thing is political. Politics and the social environment have a lot to do about people deciding they are homosexual. And transgender is even more so. Not content with being merely homosexual, yet another step is required, a surgical fix so that one sex can pretend to be the other. The DNA does not lie, but a few hormones, a knife and some make-up and voila!

You can't "fix" homosexuals any more than you can fix Democrats or Republicans.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

The DNA does not lie,

Tell me, which genes determine one's sex?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

why waste any more money and energy on transexual and homosexual, there are plenty of living starving and missing children that our money and energy can go towards. I say let the individual choose whatever they want to do when they are adults on their own dime, and put the money and energy towards something that actually needs to be fixed.

Well then we shouldn't be making any changes in the first place by that logic..

Being trans doesn't effect your ability to eat or talk..yet we swap names and sexs at 5 and give hormone blockers at 8...

If (and I'm sure it is) being trans is debilitating enough to make the changes we do now, then how are those same symptoms not enough to make their brains match their body?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Can we fix saying dumb stuff?

I vote for that.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Well then we shouldn't be making any changes in the first place by that logic..

Being trans doesn't effect your ability to eat or talk..yet we swap names and sexs at 5 and give hormone blockers at 8...

If (and I'm sure it is) being trans is debilitating enough to make the changes we do now, then how are those same symptoms not enough to make their brains match their body?

You're not making any sense.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

a reply to: TinfoilTP

We were talking transgenderism, don't muddy the waters with homosexuals.
Did you read the OP?

Again, neither is a disability.

Well then that is the problem, transgenderism and homosexualism are not the same, and each is not dependent on the other.
The hidden agenda against intervention, is that there would be a whole lot less visual homosexuals if transgenderism was fixed at birth. In their minds they would be attracted to the same sex as before, but their bodies would match natures whole penis/vagina evolution for procreation.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I guess a better way to put it would be.

Say your child has been depressed and such, leading to a confirmed test (pretending there is one) and diagnosis, by professionals.

At that point you have 3 options, and assume all are completely physically safe, just so that's not an issue.

1) do nothing obviously, neither swapping/and hormones nor the brain change.

2) swap name/dress and continue on the process we use today.

3) have their brains required to be that of their birth sex.

What do you choose?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Being depressed is a clinical condition.

Being transgender and homosexual is just part of who you are.

Bad analogy.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

3) have their brains required to be that of their birth sex.

#3, definitely. The eugenics approach is the best. Then sterilize the parents before they produce another monster.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

I mean should we begin "fixing" all the kids diagnosed with these disorders after the process is confirmed to work and be safe?
No. Mandating a genetic modification procedure on the children of others is not a good step to take. It reeks of eugenics.

If a kid is born with a cleft lip or (Enter whatever other genetic defect you want), we fix it. We don't wonder if the kid might want the cleft lip later....

Hospitals fix genetic defects are birth daily.

Why clasify it as defect? Is hair colour a defect? Height? Just because something may be genetically determined doesn't make it a defect.

Because that is what it means if you are born with your brain wired as the opposite sex then you were....

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

We were talking transgenderism, don't muddy the waters with homosexuals.
Did you read the OP?

Again, neither is a disability.

Well then that is the problem, transgenderism and homosexualism are not the same, and each is not dependent on the other.
The hidden agenda against intervention, is that there would be a whole lot less visual homosexuals if transgenderism was fixed at birth. In their minds they would be attracted to the same sex as before, but their bodies would match natures whole penis/vagina evolution for procreation.

Transgenders can be gay, bi, straight, sexually fluid, whatever.

Has nothing to do with their sexual body parts.

edit on 1-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The hidden agenda against intervention, is that there would be a whole lot less visual homosexuals if transgenderism was fixed at birth.
What is a visual homosexual?

You just contradicted yourself. You said there was no relationship between homosexuality and transgenderism.

transgenderism and homosexualism are not the same, and each is not dependent on the other.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Because that and transgendered( where the topic originated) are considered disorders.

Homosexuality is not considered a disorder.

fair enough shouldn't have included it in the OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join