It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heidi Cruz: ‘Ted Is An Immigrant!’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Here's a real gem coming from Presidential Candidate Ted Cruz's wife Heidi.

Heidi says Ted will unify the Republican Party because Ted is an immigrant !!!

Of course he (probably) qualifies as "natural born citizen" because his Mother is an American.

Ted was born in Canada and some questions have been raised about the "natural born citizen" status.

Heidi's comments could easily be mis-understood and interpreted to mean Ted is a foreign born naturalized American Citizen.

I'm sure most people understand the differences, but many won't.

This could end up being a major gaff.

I think Heidi assumes all listeners are "normal".

Heidi Cruz: ‘Ted Is An Immigrant!’

Heidi Cruz opened up a potential line of attack for Donald Trump on Saturday when she told a campaign crowd in Indiana that her husband can unify the Republican party because he is an immigrant.

“Ted is an immigrant. He is Hispanic. He can unify this party,” Cruz told an audience in Greenfield, according to the Washington Examiner’s Byron York.

The Texas senator was born to a Cuban father and American mother in Canada in 1970 but moved to Texas several years later. And though Cruz is an American citizen because his mother’s nationality, Trump has used his opponent’s birthplace to suggest that he is not eligible for president.

edit on May-01-2016 by xuenchen because: legal status disclaimers

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
this is common knowledge and drumpf already attacked him on it

what is the point ?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Since it's coming from a person who works directly for Goldman Sachs, how about no?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I do think this is a pretty dumb thing to say, but apart from that I don't get her point. Why would an immigrant be any better at unifying the party?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
And Heidi used to work at Goldman Sachs!

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Politics have become more of a tabloid affair than actual political issues in this election.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
And Heidi used to work at Goldman Sachs!

Still does I think.

Either way, a big est. muney munger.

Heidi Suzanne Cruz (née Nelson; August 7, 1972) is an American investment manager at Goldman Sachs. She served in the Bush White House as the economic director for the Western Hemisphere at the National Security Council, as the director of the Latin America Office at the U.S. Treasury Department, as Special Assistant to U.S. Trade Representative Robert B. Zoellick, and as economic policy advisor to the 2000 George W. Bush presidential campaign. She is the wife of Republican Texas senator and 2016 U.S. presidential candidate Ted Cruz.

Heidi Cruz

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Man those pesky canadians taking over and saying sorry after.

edit on 1-5-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

what is the point ?

What is a drumpf?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

what is the point ?

What is a drumpf?

I think it's a slang word for a musical instrument Tuba.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Are you sure she didn't say, "Ted is a sycophant?"

a person who acts obsequiously toward someone important in order to gain advantage.

Synonyms: yes-man, bootlicker, brown-noser, toady, lickspittle, flatterer, flunky, lackey, spaniel, doormat, stooge, cringer, suck-up

Ironically on Merriam-Webster...

Lookups for 'Lucifer' spiked 7700% after former Speaker of the House John Boehner publicly referred to Ted Cruz as "Lucifer in the flesh."

Link

Lucifer is the #1 word "trending" at the moment, all thanks to Cruz. (or should I say Boehner?)

He's been known to use the Devil's playbook, lol.

edit on 1-5-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Sources say she is routinely saying that Ted's parents are immigrants. Perhaps she mispoke this time. I'm sure she must be exhausted from months of non-stop campaigning.

But if she was intentionally, or told to intentionally, attempt to mislead people that don't know any better, than that would be terribly wrong. If she was trying to pander to immigrants to portray Ted as one of them, then his campaign has a problem. They can't have it both ways. Either he is a citizen or an immigrant.

I do think he legally is a natural born citizen by the definition.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

what is the point ?

What is a drumpf?

It's Trump's families original surname I think. The anti-Trumpers use it as a kind of insult. They just aren't as good as Trump at making names stick... like Lyin' Ted, '1 for 46' Kasich, Lil' Marco, Low Energy Jeb (!) and Crooked Hillary.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well she's wrong

It looks like an establishment lying, billionaire bigot is what unified the party , or at least it's voter base

Sadly
edit on 5/1/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Heidi Suzanne Cruz (née Nelson; August 7, 1972) is an American investment manager at Goldman Sachs. She served in the Bush White House as the economic director for the Western Hemisphere at the National Security Council, as the director of the Latin America Office at the U.S. Treasury Department, as Special Assistant to U.S. Trade Representative Robert B. Zoellick, and as economic policy advisor to the 2000 George W. Bush presidential campaign. She is the wife of Republican Texas senator and 2016 U.S. presidential candidate Ted Cruz.

Damn. Why didn't she run for President?

edit on 1-5-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I know, I see him in every dracula's movie!
edit on 1-5-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad
Politics have become more of a tabloid affair than actual political issues in this election.

Politics in America has become a circus populated with clowns, pencil necked geeks, and goons.

I can't take it seriously any more as politics has been coopted by the corporate oligarchy. They pull the strings; not the voters. It's just a silly charade to keep the rabble quiet.

It is amusing to watch all the gyrations of those still with emotional investment in the process.
edit on 1-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It's a funny misspoken moment, but contains truth, I love it.

What is FOR SuRE is this evil witch was a member of the CFR, and an architect behind the NAU.

She doesn't want to be First Lady of the USA, she wants to be the First Lady of The North American Union.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It's interesting that after John Boehner called Ted Cruz 'Lucifer in the Flesh', it was so shocking to satanists they came out and publicly rejected Ted Cruz!

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

it's usually like that, better do the dirty laundry, since debating tires the brains, ehehehe.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join