It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's Obama's leadership on growing tension in the US?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

How hasn't Obama tried to ease race relations? Do you listen to his speeches? He portrays pretty much every racial group in a sympathetic light. Perhaps you're familiar with the usual rhetoric that Obama is too soft on our enemies, he won't name and shame radical Islam, he refers to people as undocumented rather than illegal, he constantly takes the side of minorities.

How exactly has he not been trying to soothe things over? What would you like him to do instead?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Swills

He's in a position of leadership .

When your the CEO of a company your employees are looking to you for leadership

Interesting you phrased it as a CEO because CEO's also typically direct policies to remove anyone who dissents or makes the company look bad in order to present a unified front to cut down on controversy. That's not something you can do in the public sector and when you do you look really bad (Ebola Czar for example).
edit on 1-5-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
He has not shown leadership in nearly 8 years... nothing that empty suit has done or said has had an ounce of leadership... if he had maybe the ACA wouldnt be such a POS.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Grow a set of balls and make a statement not try to use words like undocumented because they are in fact ILLEGAL!.

they are Islamic extremist!

He can shut down the narrative by speaking truth instead of being a party Democrat and not using the correct lexicon

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Everyone (including me) believed that Obama would be the president to finally completely ease race tensions in this country.

Everyone? Above the age of 5? Because being a person of color makes him magic?

Instead, Obama has only increased race tensions. He takes sides, when there should not be sides. He has encouraged racism by his silence in other issues. And I don't mean white racism against blacks. I mean black racism against whites.

He's had an opinion on some of the things that have happened in this country. You just don't like that his opinion wasn't your opinion

Did you want for him to be politically correct?

Either he has some agenda, or he is trying so hard to support blacks, that he does it at the expense of peace or understanding.

I weep for my country

edit on 5/1/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

You do realize there was a trial and the jury agreed that it was Trayvon who started the altercation and Zimmerman'/s actions were justified? Remember his fat friend who told the Jury that Trayvon went after him because she told him to because "hes a f@g trying to rape you" or something along those lines?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I dont think Obama understands that you can be a democrat but still have a firm leadership, he seems a cool guy to drink a beer with, but thats all. One thing he is right about is how divisive american media seems to be, I guess they forgot about the deontological code for journalists sometime ago, it's mostly propagandistic in nature, besides living in Europe I do watch some cnn and fox and then compare to the general media in Europe, and omg, quite a difference!
edit on 1-5-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Aazadan

Grow a set of balls and make a statement not try to use words like undocumented because they are in fact ILLEGAL!.

they are Islamic extremist!

He can shut down the narrative by speaking truth instead of being a party Democrat and not using the correct lexicon

How does calling people illegals and extremists soothe race relations? It seems to me like that would incite problems.
edit on 1-5-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
To address your OP and the president, he made it clear when he came out in defense of Trayvon Martin, A black kid, up too no good. If he had a son he would look like that? On facebook with gold teeth and smoking weed.

He called the cops idiots for arresting the black guy that went crazy on them at the university town that lead to the beer summit. I dont recall him speaking out on black on white crime ever.

Paula dean loses a job for using the N word 20 years ago yet he remains silent on blacks using it today? thats racist. And that is why racism will live forever. The blacks will riot in favor of a criminal but whites wont riot in protest of black criminal behavior.

And for the most part, blacks are scary looking. I think a lot of them know this and play that out. May be a horrible thing to say but damn its true. Would you feel OK putting your teenage daughter on an elevator with 5 black guys dressed like thugs?

There was threads a week ago about the Muslim kicked off a plane for speaking Arabic, most responses demmened the airline but would you be ok with putting your family on an airplane with a Muslim chanting "allah Akbar" that means god is great doesnt it?

Your last two paragraphs show that the issue here isn't with your president, it's with people who think such comments should really resonate in a mature society.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Your last two paragraphs show that the issue here isn't with your president, it's with people who think such comments should really resonate in a mature society.

I'm happy to be able to say that I'm not so cynical that I can no longer speak out about this sort of thing

I'm also happy it's not just me

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

So in my mind if there is anyone who could stand up and ease growing race relations in the US its the President.

All he's done is worsen it.

Usually by taking sides on an issue before having the facts, and then regretting it.

He set it back nearly a decade since he's been in office.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I disagree with one of the basic premise of this thread. I don't think Race Relations are worse than ever. I actually think they're better than they've ever been. Things are coming out into the open, we're talking about it, minorities have better opportunities than ever.

Sometimes it appears that race relations and crime and a lot of this other stuff is more rampant than ever, but it's only because of the internet and our social media that it appears to be so. We see it every day. I may see racist stuff on my facebook page everyday and lament and wish for the "Good ole days" but then I see it's only like 3 people that keep posting the same type of stuff over and over again.

The Race Relations Crisis is a media creation. You must ask yourself who's pulling those strings. Here's a hint...It ain't Obama.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I agree with this. Race relations are better than ever-- and racists have never been angrier.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I disagree with one of the basic premise of this thread. I don't think Race Relations are worse than ever. I actually think they're better than they've ever been. Things are coming out into the open, we're talking about it, minorities have better opportunities than ever.

Hmm. I can almost agree with you if everyone stops blaming their problems on white people and calling us racist I'll totally agree with you.

The Race Relations Crisis is a media creation. You must ask yourself who's pulling those strings. Here's a hint...It ain't Obama.

Good question.
edit on 5/2/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join