It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Excel Wizards!! (????)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Again, the handy part of Excel is the ability to do "what if" calculations over thousands of different formulas in real time.

I'm long out of college, (30 years maybe), but never lost my touch for math and work in physics every day.

I honestly believe this may be ground-breaking, what I am working on. The reason I feel this is because no one has looked at these things in this way (at least anywhere that I can find). ...

We live in a 3 dimensional world defined by things which describe 2 dimensions, and then are scaled to describe a 3rd dimension. This is different. I can't really say why, because it's just a theory so far, but so far it has already proven some surprising things.

The bottom line is this; the expression "Pi" may only be part of the equation.

Perhaps we don't really understand the true meaning of the expression / relationship.

...hence my endeavors.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I´ll publish the source of the tool this evening...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Here it is, as a last note, I could have sized down the code a great deal. But I decided to do it as obvious as possible so that you can edit around if you want and understand the code faster. Quick and dirty.

As always, use at own risk.
Source code & binary

edit on 2-5-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
What are you compiling the source code with?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
VB is very similar to C#..

As I see it, he could move much work to C# and use excel as a bonafide visualisation tool

This way he has access to easy chart generation et cetera.

What the tool does is nothing more than some rudimentary sort functions via string array, but he can build on that with little research. It´s not good performance wise (q&d), but it´s easy to understand.If he´s fit enough for complex excel calculations and such, I think he can handle it

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

VisualStudio 2010. But even 2015 should be able to convert the project file.
You can use the VS 2015 community edition, it´s free.

Disclaimer: Anyone doubting the binary is different from the source can compile it on their own. I also left a comment inside the code with a link to the provider of the XLS function side (external dll, Spire).

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

One last thing, I hope you recognized that you can write multiple times to the xls.
Just modify $digitcount and $column parameters and hit "create XLS" each time, it will write to the same file you designated with "save to.."

I upgraded the tool further more and now it does most work alone, once you set up the parameters. I also added a fibonacci sequencer to fiddle around with, the source is not online yet but final release from my side should be thursday or so.

Could you elaborate on your idea about the whole thing with pi? So we can understand what comparisions you need. I could provide you some tools if you can tell me what you need, the problem is I do not write documentations for my private stuff except for some comments. And I´d have to recompile some libs for that because some parts are not for public release. That´s an arduos task ripping apart working code, I´d hate it.

So learn a language, it´s easier then you may think

The question wich one is a little bit tough. Don´t trust anyone saying X is the best or Y.
It depends on what you want to do and even more, if you want to build on that, what your main OS is and how much time you want to devote to it and if you need any fancy GUIs or just shell/command line.

I´m a person that always enjoyed building, modifying (today everything is a 'hack', meh) and improoving things so a big enabler was learning C, it was hard to learn at first but if you know C, you can adapt to almost any language very easy.

This may help you
carlcheo.com...

Maybe have a look into tryruby.org...
I do not recommend it for you special purpose but in general for quick results.
edit on 3-5-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join