It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosemary and peppermint tea shown to boost memory in adults, reports new study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Friday, April 29, 2016 by: S. Johnson

www.naturalnews.com...

. . .
The researchers found that the smell of rosemary helped improve the memory of older adults. In particular, the team discovered that just being in a room with the aroma of rosemary increased memory test scores by 15 percent. The research was presented at the British Psychology Society's annual conference in Nottingham.
While this boost in memory might not seem significant, researchers from the University of Northumbria claim it could mean the difference between remembering and forgetting to take a life-saving drug at a specific time.
. . .
The results of the study showed that peppermint tea significantly improved long-term memory, working memory and alertness in comparison to both chamomile and hot water. Chamomile tea, on the other hand, was shown to slow down memory and attention speed, making it an excellent drink to consume before bedtime.
. . .

Nearing 70 years old . . . this is a topic that has my keen interest.

And the remembering to take a needful pill is no joke.

The article sounds like the studies were well done and the results significant.

Am planning to try such and see how it goes. Thankfully, my memory is still pretty functional. We can all pull silly memory stunts at any age. But at my age, they trigger more concern. LOL.

If y'all have any experience with either herb on such scores, please speak up about your findings.

Cheers.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Aah, that's interesting. Rosemary, if I remember rightly (the irony) was always known as a herb for remembering and rememberance.
It's good to see this validated.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
What was the question?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
peppermint is a methyl donor and methyl is needed for alertness. Rosemary is a nootropic substance and sage is actually better than rosemary. Sages were considered wisemen, that is a giveaway on that. Sage and rosemary both go good on chicken.

Coffee is also a nootropic, there are a couple of compounds in it that increase awareness.

It's funny they haven't made peppermint and Rosemary illegal, they increase your ability to see what the deceptive FDA is doing. The nootropic medicine provigil is expensive and is not worth the price. You can use a combination of a few things in the diet to bring up your ability to think and also eliminating a few things can lessen the doping effect. Some of the calming chemistry they put into our food can cause problems with thinking for many people. We now have to combat this chemistry to be halfway healthy. Too much calming causes problems with the immune system. It is almost impossible to correct people's problems, too many different chemistries are being used and to figure which are causing the problem is very hard. It is like taking ten medications, sometimes you do not notice one side effect till a month or six after starting to use it. Some food chemistry dopes us within minutes, other chemistry takes a day. What a person can detox depends on their P450 enzymes they can make properly and in what quantity.

All food effects the mine either directly or indirectly. Some people will not be able to use peppermint tea or Rosemary. Rosemary does contain a chemistry that some people are intolerant to. Not as many but some people are intolerant to peppermint chemistry. Some people can drink coffee with no side effects, others cannot detox the caffeine properly, lacking xanthine oxidase to break down the methyl. Also some enzymes are used to detox different food chemistry and eating too much of the shared chemistry can overload the system and the toxins slowly begin to mess up thinking or health.

People should try these things and note how it makes them feel, making sure to look for things up tyo a couple of days later. A common side effect with methyl donors is constipation or the runs. It can go either way. Make sure to consume some niacin food when consuming methyl foods. You should crave foods containing niacin when consuming methyl.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Great info.

THX THX.

If you have any other good articles or professional papers on the topic, I'd be interested.

Thanks for your contributions.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: BO XIAN

Aah, that's interesting. Rosemary, if I remember rightly (the irony) was always known as a herb for remembering and rememberance.
It's good to see this validated.

YES! Validation ROCKS!

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Validation of herbal lore rocks my world. You're just going to have to accept that.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I've been studying modern medicines and comparing them to chemistry found in nature for quite a few years now. Most of the medicines are based on plant and animal chemistries. Some of the plants natural chemistries are about as potent as the medicines, but sometimes the side effects can be worse from consuming the plants. Half the time the chemistry in the plant is better accepted by the body though, especially if you have eaten it before. The other chemistry in plants can actually balance the effect better. Slowly releasing as the food is digested.

They make drugs to treat diseases, not cure the diseases. If you can get the connection between the mind and the body working correctly, the body can work without long term meds. Boosting the signal to an appropriate amount and eating chemistry that moderates the neurotransmitters is important. The doctors and Pharma companies do not want you healed, they want your business. Sometimes herbalists will also keep you on the line, treating the disease instead of teaching you how to avoid it. All foods and spices have some ability to correct issues but trying to figure out how the imbalance or problem is being caused is not easy. Plant defense chemistry can cure you or make you sick depending on whether you can detox the chemistry or not. Everyone has different abilities, so you need to learn how it best fits you. Pay attention to how foods make you feel and then research what may be the problem.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Blueberries help with memory, too. There are too many articles to list, so just look up "blueberries memory" and you'll see what I mean.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Yeah. I think that blueberries are great things to eat.

They are powerful and delicious.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Validation of herbal lore rocks my world. You're just going to have to accept that.

I accept it and look forward to the place and time in my life the I too shall be rocked by herbal lore!

top topics

join