It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Disclosure Problem {Whitley Strieber's Journal}

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

my pleasure. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have...

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
strieber is a complete nut
remember the meni things hoax?
he said it was real
i perssonaly find his abduction experiences hilarious

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Pot, meet kettle
No more nutty than many of us who have theories of interdimensional beings or what have you

I think he believes this happened, and one can only speculate on what did happen

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo
I don't understand. Why didn't they install this global tyranny centuries ago? Seems they had a pretty good chance before all this internet business came along, and certainly before the Enlightenment.

There are many kinds of tyranny. They are already in control. Their methods are subtle; brainwashing of people like Jim Sparks, Strieber etc. It is an invasion by subterfuge. They control the world not by blowing up buildings but by possessing people and making them serve them.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

oh after reading his latest book, he absolutely believe these things happened to him, and not just him either. In the last couple of pages of the book he admitted he did think about suicide once, and mentioned the stigma of telling people what had happened to him, and some of the replies he has received over the years. Some of which you can see right here in this thread.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

are you challenging me?
wow thats a new low ats

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Challenge? Where did you get that? All I said was that I thought to odd to call Streiber a nut and saying his experiences are ridiculous when your theories (and mine and many others here) could be called nutty and ridiculous by others

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
strieber is a complete nut
remember the meni things hoax?
he said it was real
i perssonaly find his abduction experiences hilarious

I'm in your camp! Let's give credit where credit is due. He is a successful author of 2 books that ended as popular movies. Pre-aliens bs! He claims that many visitors to his cabin including reporters have also had "alien" experiences but, unfortunately, not one iota of evidence! Only descriptions of the "experiences". And, folks, these "experiences" happened only during sleeping and we know where that is at. Sleep paralysis! A reporter's narrative in "LETTER": "The terribly strange thing was, though I was wide awake, I couldn't move a muscle". I've had such an episode of the "Old Hag".

And the worst part, based on his early "THE COMMUNION LETTER" issues, he is religious beyond mondo and if you're not you are not going to "get it" if you're not a deep believer.

Past his prime.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: klassless

Have you guys ever seen this?

The Investigator's Edge, No. 11

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dan00

Have you guys ever seen this?

The Investigator's Edge, No. 11

Interesting read when it didn't go over my head. I'm not clear on the conclusion and I developed an opinion after reading "COMMUNION". I wasn't sold on the premises 'cause:
Book: "The Wolfen" = success + movie = big success
Book: "The Hunger" = success + movie = bigger success

2 more books, not so great.

Being a horror author he simply wrote another book(s) from a personal standpoint and picked a good topic, alleged alien abductions which were a hot topic. BIG success!

Need anything else be said?

edit on 1-10-2016 by klassless because: To correct grammar.

edit on 1-10-2016 by klassless because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Strong work.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dan00

Strong work.

Thanks. I tried to edit my reply to add additional thoughts but even though it's been only a couple of hours ATS says that the 4 allowable hours to edit have been used!

I wanted to add that once Whitley saw the phenomenal success of "COMMUNION" which was written from already publicized ideas from claimed experiences of others, it was easy to continue writing similar scenarios giving credence to others' alleged experiences which helped to sell HIS books. Being a smart man Whitley must have realized that it was easier to write a book when the material was available since the 1950s, gaining huge popularity with the Hill's account, and a wider audience in the 1980s than having to create new characters and situations. He saw the writing on the wall, copied it and with his ingenuity turned out a superior product ready for the impressionable minds hooked on the topic of alleged alien abductions. Million$!

And, so, why not stay on the endless subject?

edit on 1-10-2016 by klassless because: To add text.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join