It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Disclosure Problem {Whitley Strieber's Journal}

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Friday April 29 2016

www.unknowncountry.com...

. . .
We also know that there are documents that are more than thirty years old that are not defined as national security matters, otherwise John Podesta, in his February tweet on the subject, would not have added that revealing them is “the law.” Unless there is a continuing national security need, information must be released from classification after a 30 year period.
. . .
Astronaut Gordon Cooper observed a UFO on the ground at Edwards Air Force Base in 1957. He said publicly, and told me personally, that photographs had been taken of it and sent on to Washington. They were obviously classified because they have never been released. They were of a silver object standing at the end of a runway, according to Cooper. It displayed no weapons and appeared to pose no threat. So the photographs do not show something that displays a threat. They would be an example, perhaps, of what John Podesta was referring to when he said that there are documents that should be released because they are no longer legally classified.
I have been told by somebody I believe to be reliable that Jimmy Carter received a briefing about this subject that moved him deeply and upset him profoundly, and led to his subsequent refusal to discuss it further.
. . .

I have mixed feelings about Whitley.

Mostly I like him and appreciate his years of labor 'in the field.'

And I really like that he pointedly notes repeatedly that we do NOT KNOW even the basics. We do NOT KNOW WHAT the critters are in any emphatic proven sense. And we certainly do NOT KNOW what they are up to, what their goals are
I think he's priceless just to keep those facts in the discussion.
Some (including me) have wondered if he's an oligarchy shill working in their behalf in this arena. I'm a bit skeptical that he is. I think he would likely have been more compliant about the party line. But that's no guarantee. LOL.

Anyway--this is an interesting article with a bit of an unexpected twist here and there. Might be worth your time.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

12 flags and no reply? Let's see if can get this discussion going...

If they have the capability to remain largely undetected and unidentified then it would seem as if they could also control whatever we know about them (incl. the rate at which disclosure would take place).

But then again: would they be interested in disclosing anything at all? Assuming they are a far advanced technological civilization, they might have gone through that phase of contact before and realized that it didn't turn out well (similar to us colonizing or invading other countries).

Perhaps they came to the conclusion that there isn't so much to gain, but a lot to lose when interfering with other civilizations (especially inferior ones). So maybe the galactic zoo hypothesis would hold true after all...

+1 more 
posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Bzzt. Gordon Cooper did NOT see a craft on the ground. Some film of a "craft" was taken by others. Cooper looked at the film by standing by the window and peering at it. He didn't even use a projector. He could not possibly have seen the detail Strieber claims he did. The film was then "turned over" and never seen again. Strieber is a great fiction writer who has done very well for himself, but if you've seen him in action, he's a bit loony, and plays fast and loose with the facts.

I've followed Strieber since Communion and read all his stuff, even got his newsletter and corresponded with him years ago. It's a great story, but I do not trust Strieber's 'analytical' skills or his knowledge of UFO history.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The whole contact scenario that have been happening since decades now basically involves the abduction of human beings against their will, in order to make them unwilling participants of a reproductive/socialization program.

They're extremelly capable and have been succesful hiding their operations, just abductees talking when they can recall something of what happened to them and accesory physical evidence like disappearing, some shared abductions, physical marks and even strange miscarriages. As we can see today, the vast majority of the society is either ignoring or dismissing these events, so the captors just continue with their agenda.

So yeah, we KNOW whats going on.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

Another alternative is that this is a many thousands of year long

strategically engineered
somewhat meticulously laid out plan.

As some of us are convinced of.

The boss of the plan evidently wants all the pieces in place before springing the global tyranny on the planet wholesale.

And a global tyranny it WILL BE. Worse than has ever been known or ever will be known again.

It won't matter initially whether or not they cast themselves in the roles of some of them our 'space brother saviors' as the Pope seems to be spewing in the direction of . . . 'helping' us fight others of them playing the role of fierce ruthless conquerors.

They will all turn out to be emphatically tyrannical, super !!!CONTROLLING!!!, fully ruthless.

I expect the whitewash to initially be quite thick. There may be lots of dancing in the streets and celebrating when disclosure comes. I wonder how long it will last. Probably not longer than 3.5 years or so. The full scale wrath will come.

And full extermination will fall for all [they can reach] who will not worship the designated imposter god, at that point. His image in the third Israeli Temple will be the sign of super wrath to follow.

imho, only something as dramatic as a carefully staged disclosure will have the clout to bring all the world's diverse religions kowtowing to one world religion and leader.

edit on 1/5/2016 by BO XIAN because: words left out

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I have always wondered - If the "others" have mastered the ability to manipulate space and time, then they hold the keys to disclosure, not the government. If undeniable evidence ever fell into the general populations "lap", they could just rewind time & then prevent the upcoming event from ever happening.

On the other hand, it could be that the shadow government has also learned the art of space and time manipulation and could work the same disclosure prevention scheme.

It seems to me that some form of this has to be happening. I find it unlikely that solid proof could be that elusive considering how much UFO activity is supposedly occurring all around us.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I think that Whitley is a mixed bag.

I don't think he's stupid or ignorant.

I think his . . . awareness and understanding and possibly even his brain have been messed with wholesale.

I don't envy him in the least.

It's probably good to have his perspective on the table. Time will tell how much it had to offer and whether or not it was part of the strategy, or not.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JackHill

imho, "we know" includes 2 factors.

--who is in the group of "we."

--What is known from the set of what's possible to be known.

I do not believe that even very senior humans in the know understand the whole plan. Some may have been deluded into thinking that they know--but I doubt that they really do. It is conceivable that some few who have proven their loyalties by blood sacrificing their child to their dark lord MIGHT have been let in on the main features of the plan. But I'm somewhat skeptical even of that.

Many humans know lower levels of things.

The public even has a lot of appearances stuff that we've been studying for decades to puzzling conclusions.

Deeply involved serious researchers have uncovered more than the average citizen knows. But much of that is not widely known nor widely accepted.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

And a global tyranny it WILL BE. Worse than has ever been known or ever will be known again.

It won't matter initially whether or not they cast themselves in the roles of some of them our 'space brother saviors' as the Pope seems to be spewing in the direction of . . . 'helping' us fight others of them playing the role of fierce ruthless conquerors (...)

Anything's possible, but why mess with us? (Unless we're their offsprings in some way). Seen from the perspective of an advanced super civilization, that can get all resources elsewhere in the universe, they would probably prefer to just observe from a distance, mostly avoiding any direct, open contact.

They'd be interested in what we're up to, how things are going, they'd keep an eye on our progress (or lack thereof in certain areas), make sure our nukes are deactivated and remain largely undercover. With the exception of a few cases in which they allow us to track them on radar, have visual contact or a couple of isolated CE2/CE3 experiences.

They would undoubtedly have mastered a technology that we, today, would call stealth... no chance for us to really track them unless they wanted us to.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Why?

The utter pure raging arrogance of unmitigated vengeance of their boss.

It's the only way he can get back at his former boss.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Why? The utter pure raging arrogance of unmitigated vengeance of their boss.

Sure. But they're benevolent, trust me.

Otherwise I stand corrected and Stephen Hawking was right all along!

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r

Why? The utter pure raging arrogance of unmitigated vengeance of their boss.

Sure. But they're benevolent, trust me.

Otherwise I stand corrected and Stephen Hawking was right all along!

If is one hell of a big two letter word. IF these things in the sky have been alien and not USAF toys, they are NOT benevolent enough for me. They are letting evil men have great power. IF i was a benevolent being with great powers i would at least stress that with great power comes great responsibility to the humans who have been given the tech. And i would find a way to replace the selfish people doing for themselves while in high places that have damaged the experiment.

edit on 1-5-2016 by Justoneman because: edit to add a bit more
extra DIV

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

If is one hell of a big two letter word. IF these things in the sky have been alien and not USAF toys, they are NOT benevolent enough for me. They are letting evil men have great power. IF i was a benevolent being with great powers i would at least stress that with great power comes great responsibility to the humans who have been given the tech. And i would find a way to replace the selfish people doing for themselves while in high places that have damaged the experiment.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

And that they have NOT done so, should be ample evidence that they are NOT near as benevolent as many would have us believe.

I'm reminded of the old black and white TV show . . . the book . . . turned out to be a cook book . . . how to prepare man . . . as a main dish.

Don't know what's causing the weird formatting.

edit on 1/5/2016 by BO XIAN because: tags

edit on 1/5/2016 by BO XIAN because: formatting problem

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Unless there is a continuing national security need, information must be released from classification after a 30 year period.

The ultimate loophole that can keep info under wraps forever. And, if you ask them what the continuing national security need is, they will say that that is classified as well.

Add this to the fact that no elected official in their right mind would want to be in office, or up for election for that matter, if the revelations and ramifications of "disclosure" hit the public record. For everyone in this country, the stock market, your 401k, the general economy , religious/civil upheaval and the job market would all be in undefined territory, and probably not for the better.

Real meaning in "Careful what you wish for."

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

INDEED. Well put.

And I certainly agree about 'be careful what you wish for' in this field.

The Morlachs are still hungry.

And the sheeple are learning to shuffle ever more compliantly into the caverns of the Morlachs.

Sobering.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Whitley Strieber is a proven fraud...

Thats all i need to say here.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

I'm not aware of any such proof.

I now he's not a saint that walks on water.

But I believe him to be as genuine as he more or less knows how to be.

And, I vaguely recall him being accused falsely of somethings when he lived in NY.

I also believe he's been through a ton of emotional wringers through his 'other' experiences. I don't mind giving him lots of grace for that reason alone.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Another alternative is that this is a many thousands of year long

strategically engineered
somewhat meticulously laid out plan.

As some of us are convinced of.

The boss of the plan evidently wants all the pieces in place before springing the global tyranny on the planet wholesale.

It won't matter initially whether or not they cast themselves in the roles of some of them our 'space brother saviors' as the Pope seems to be spewing in the direction of . . . 'helping' us fight others of them playing the role of fierce ruthless conquerors.

They will all turn out to be emphatically tyrannical, super !!!CONTROLLING!!!, fully ruthless.

I expect the whitewash to initially be quite thick. There may be lots of dancing in the streets and celebrating when disclosure comes. I wonder how long it will last. Probably not longer than 3.5 years or so. The full scale wrath will come.

And full extermination will fall for all [they can reach] who will not worship the designated imposter god, at that point. His image in the third Israeli Temple will be the sign of super wrath to follow.

imho, only something as dramatic as a carefully staged disclosure will have the clout to bring all the world's diverse religions kowtowing to one world religion and leader.

I don't understand. Why didn't they install this global tyranny centuries ago? Seems they had a pretty good chance before all this internet business came along, and certainly before the Enlightenment.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 4003fireglo

They were active in the "Enlightenment" big time.

They are limited in their . . . options--including when they do what . . . and . . . this era includes their maximum opportunity to trash the maximum number of humans horribly. Their boss 'gets off' on blood, gore and death.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

a reply to: 4003fireglo

They were active in the "Enlightenment" big time.

They are limited in their . . . options--including when they do what . . . and . . . this era includes their maximum opportunity to trash the maximum number of humans horribly. Their boss 'gets off' on blood, gore and death.

Coming from someone whose been patiently anticipating waiting and supposedly preparing for the Apocalypse to happen, eh?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join