It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Married to a government spy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

I come here with very little to provide, and instead am asking for your help.

I remember reading not that long ago an article about a woman finding out she was married to an American intelligence agent for the past few years, and he even went so far as to have a kid with her. She was obviously not very happy about the whole ordeal and basically claimed this person ruined her life. Essentially he was just planted into her life to spy on her, as she was an activist in some form.

My Google-fu has not been able to help me in anyway, and I am coming up blank with all the searches i've done. If anybody can lead me to this story I would greatly appreciate it, or sharing any other similar stories concerning the infiltration of people's romantic lives, that would be awesome!

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: littlefinch

I think you may be thinking about this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Nah, that's a cool story and thank you for sharing, but the one I saw was more of her retelling, how normal he seemed throughout the marriage and the betrayal she felt once she found out.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Maybe this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Woman Deceived Into Sex With Undercover UK Cop Tracks Him Down

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Are you sure you are not thinking about the incidens in the Uk with undercover police officers having relationships with woman activists?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

hello,

I maybe have a bit of google-fu, hah

Is this maybe it?

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 1462113421537May375373116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Citizen spy's and paid enforments are real.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Really disappointed with this thread, when i saw the title I was desperately hoping to read some story by a delusional house wife who thought her hubby was a secret agent. Was all ready to start with the "true lies" jokes.
edit on 1-5-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I dont know if this theory has been tossed around but is it possible that she actually is the one who works for an agency and had to get rid of him while also covering up her identity in the process...

She could have made it look like a suicide and then fled, leaving the police to find the weapons and "secret spy stuff" to throw off her scent while she played the poor, helpless victim in order to win the affection of the public.
edit on 1-5-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: grammatical error

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

& what better way for a female spy to have a kid! I imagine a life of secret ops isn't very conducive to raising a family.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Really disappointed with this thread, when i saw the title I was desperately hoping to read some story by a delusional house wife who thought her hubby was a secret agent. Was all ready to start with the "true lies" jokes.

I was about to warn her off about any second hand car salesmen.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SmurfRider

It is if you want to stay under cover. If she is only being used to collect intel, then I am assuming pregnancy would be a better way to gain the trust of people by making her look less likely like a candidate.

Undercover Police Have Children With Activists In Long Standing Operation

Who is to say that these women did not know they were undercover and were trying to extract info from them and then played the dumb card?
edit on 1-5-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: Hit submit too fast because I am an idiot

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Thanks everybody! This is everything i wanted and more
you guys are awesome

top topics

join