It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online chess anyone?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I haven't played chess for for almost 30 years..but im in

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Either this is a plug for chess.com, or you're leading people on with the "I'm currently playing rather badly against two ATS members on chess.com" statement. There's no deficit of players on chess.com itself. I am guessing that you're probably pretty good.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'll throw my hat in the ring again and dust off my old Chess.com account. Anyone who wishes, just send me an invite to a game, and I'll send you a friend request. It is "darkbake"

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

A plug? Really? It couldn't be possible that he would want to play with people he knows & is part of a community with already? Stop taking the angry pills.
edit on 1-5-2016 by SmurfRider because: Typo

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
OK. I'm onlne. What do I do now?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Me too. How do I find you guys?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Old man can work a chess board but a website is a different thing.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

You can do a search for folks you'd like to challenge.
If you want to play SO his user name is SkepticGuy so you will need to search him up then challenge him.

Tech and grainofsand are using their ATS names. They have their avatars also so they aren't difficult to find.

If you still can't find grainofsand just look under my list titled 'defeated unmercifully' and he will be there!

You'll want to put ATSgrainofsand for ease.
edit on 1-5-2016 by TNMockingbird because: Tech openly posted his info in another thread inviting challengers BTW

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Can't help you with chess I'm afraid, but I can kick your ass at backgammon

That goes for anyone, I'm not being cocky, I'm just that good lol. Just kidding! I am quite good though ;-)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I created a challenge, you should see it in the alerts at the top of the site.

What, that was someone else. What's your account name on Chess.com?
edit on 1-5-2016 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123

Backgammon is a game of dice rolls so it's a little more randomized than chess. I do seem to win a lot when my buddy & I play though. I like to take big risks in that game.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I'd join in, but I'm afraid I'd destroy everyone and make it unfun.

More seriously, this looks pretty cool. I'm busy at the moment but if people are still playing in a few days I might join in. Haven't played chess in years, but I'd probably get my mojo back quite quickly.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Hey grainofsand, I'm up for a game at some point. My username on that site is centralbelt but my rating is pretty low. Having said that...if I play anyone from here I will up my game and win. I usually play 30mins.

Regards midicon.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Every game needs the easy mode to start you on, so i made an account, Indigent1, if you want to play with someone with a level of minus 1 hit me on

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I'm so glad I started this thread now, thanks for all the replies and interest, didn't realise so many folk liked their chess!
So far Skeptic Overlord gave me a swift and sharp spanking on the board, it was painful lol, TNMockingbird took 20 years to do it but beat me eventually, and I'm looking hopeful against TechniXcality but only because he made an early error.

I've just taken another challenge on so happy days, chess is fun.

...I've got another 12 or so hours before I can switch my avatar back from TNMockingbird's (that was the bet) but I'm actually quite liking the green girly look, it almost softens me lol I may keep it and claim ownership. See you in court TNM!

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

site is down for me.. IM TRYING TO WRAP THIS UP brother!

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Hahaha, ain't happening bro, I'm on fire today!

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Why are you playing with such a lengthy time control?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

Either this is a plug for chess.com, or you're leading people on with the "I'm currently playing rather badly against two ATS members on chess.com" statement. There's no deficit of players on chess.com itself. I am guessing that you're probably pretty good.

No, I'm not plugging chess.com, I even checked with mods before posting this thread, for that reason 'promoting other websites', and yes I'm pretty crap at chess but love playing it.
Of course there is no shortage of people to play on chess.com, but I am finding it much more fun with people I 'know' from ATS...I'm hoping a few people who I disagree with/enemies/arch nemesis types fancy a game, much more fun battling on the chess board for a change as well as bitchin with each other on the forums.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

Why are you playing with such a lengthy time control?

Oh, I think it defaults to 3 days on the start up, I'm happy to do shorter but with timezones it can be tricky.
TNMockingbird is 6 hours behind me so I'm usually drunk when it's early evening for her and when we are playing 'real time' then I make stupid mistakes!

24 hours would be a good default, just coz of other life commitments but we're the same GMT so challenge me if you like and I'll usually be around when you are...ATSgrainofsand username on chess.com.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join