It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My mind has been blown. Read this post to find out why.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
On the Skunk Works forum (indicating the presented topic was weak in terms of truth), I read the first few pages of a thread describing the so-called Mandela Effect. The pro skeptics arrived, and I left because I find that interaction tedious. Weird things happen. Sorry. Sometimes physical proof is not available.

Now I read some claims surrounding the Mandela Effect and some seemed likely according to my memory, and some didn't click for me, but there was one that hit a home run for me.

I taught young children for many years, and the Berenstein Bears books were part of my life for 30 years. If anybody tries to tell me that they were the Berenstain Bears I know they are wrong with zero doubt.

This one thing makes me consider the possibility that other issues presented might be true.

My questions include who is doing this? Why are they doing this?

If they are playing with our history retroactively, they are at the god level. What is their agenda? If they are capable of this, are their slip ups mistakes? I highly doubt it. I must be part of a plan we don't understand.

edit on 1-5-2016 by droid56 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Soon, Nazi zombies will rise from their watery tombs.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

The Mandela effect is quite an interesting phenomenon. I also remember the berenstein bear being spelled with an e. There are a few other glitches in my matrix as well.

I don't think anyone is behind this in particular but I think it is possible that consciousness itself is moving through different worlds/universes. I'm not sure at all but it makes more sense to me than say a conspiracy where they change all the books and erase the evidence.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I think the possible fact that old berenstein bears books are now titled berenstain is a very important thing. Deep within the rabbit hole.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

There is also a belief that we all live in multiple realities all the time, each varying from the next by only the smallest differences. Mostly these inter reality differences are so small that they go unnoticed. They are there all the time but we just don't notice them an only when one is large enough that they 'can' be noticed that we do. Some times we are jolted out of the closest neighboring nest of realities and aspects of farther out realities come to our awareness. Sometime we can focus ourselves enough to bounce back and forth between them to our liking. Or so I have heard.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Hold on now. My books from childhood read 'Berenstein Bears' still. Is it not like this in your realm? Wait for pics..

Adolf is also the potus currently. Is this the same for you? If so; we are on to something big here.
edit on 1-5-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Show me pics.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I really think this particular example comes down to how we pronounce the name and how we believe it's spelled based on that pronunciation. If I were asked to spell the authors' name it would be Berenstein, because to me that would make the most sense. Of course, I would be wrong because memories are subjective in nature.

At this moment I have in my hands, my personal childhood copy of "Bears in the Night" by Stan and Jan Berenstain from the early 70s.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Ask a Question
Do Background Research
Construct a Hypothesis
Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment
Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion
Communicate Your Results

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I know how it was spelled. How it is pronounced doesn't matter. It was stein not stain.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
People reject this because it is too far down the rabbit hole.

+4 more 
posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

No, some people just believe in BS.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Some people believe it is bs because they can't deal with extreme stuff.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Common Explanations
As a general rule, there is normally an identifiable solution and explanation to most Mandela Effects, or at least theories. These usually relate to key factors and information regarding the subject mixed with a common memory bias or other psychological effect.

This list is by no means exhaustive and may not fit certain examples at all. It’s simply to be used as a guide to why some Mandela Effects exist in the first place failing any hard explanations on a given subject.

Note: This page is still in development.

Misinformation effect

That misinformation affects people’s reports of their own memory. I believe this to be a key factor in many Mandela Effects. Simply seeing the claim from another person may sway recollection of your own memory, especially if you lacked concrete or deep memories or connections to the subject to begin with.

Confirmation bias

The tendency to search for, interpret, or recall information in a way that confirms one’s beliefs or hypotheses. Those seeking Mandela Effects will often be more easily persuaded by other claims. And with such claims they may agree with, they will often discard any countering evidence or claims.

Misattribution of memory

When information is retained in memory but the source of the memory is forgotten. This is sometimes present in Mandela Effects where we forget where we know something from or why it’s familiar, possibly leading to incorrect attribution of the original source confounding the confusion factor.

Cryptomnesia

A form of misattribution where a memory is mistaken for imagination, because there is no subjective experience of it being a memory. Many Mandela Effects may have started out as imagination rather than real memories.

www.debunkingmandelaeffects.com...

The Mandela Effect is a term for where a group of people all mis-remember the same detail, event or physicality. It is named after the instance in which a large group of people all shared the same memory that Nelson Mandela died prior to his actual 2013 death, usually some time in the 1980’s. The effect exploded in popularity on the internet when a peculiar example popped up where a majority of people seemed to have recalled the Berenstain Bears books as being spelled as “Berenstein” or some other variation, differing from the actual spelling.

The effect is somewhat different from a false memory as it effects large groups of people, seemingly without many connections and without the same emotional factors present. It also seems stronger and harder to escape the feeling that it’s simply a mis-remembering of a detail, which is why people are so adamant with claims of their memories. As such, it’s often been hinted at that the Mandela Effect is closely related to cognitive dissonance. Cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds beliefs, ideas, or values and is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values.

Many Mandela Effects are usually trivial details about an oddly specific set of categories. These include things such as the how and when of celebrity deaths, misspellings (usually replaced or removed letters), placement of geographical locations, quotations within media, or alternate imagery.

It is also related to misconceptions in general, although, again is differentiated due to the obscure nature and odd feelings resulting from learning the reality. The solutions, explanations and reasons for the misconceptions are also cryptic and often misrepresented or unknown altogether.

The aim of this site is unique amongst the current offerings online to attempt to dissect the possible causes and solutions for this perplexing phenomenon with a scientific, rational approach. If you’ve come to read about merging of universes, alternate timelines, and time travel then you are in the wrong place. It is of my opinion that the Mandela Effect is a real thing; however, steeped in the realm of sociology and psychology and not science fiction.

www.debunkingmandelaeffects.com...

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

How to tell if YOU believe in Bull#.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I have zero interest in the debunkers. I know what I know.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
Some people believe it is bs because they can't deal with extreme stuff.

Bro, I get nacho cheese Doritos eXtreme.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Yikes. Who are these people? Are they just ego lead Or do they have an agenda?

I'm not interested. May this thread sputter to a stop, or grow in some way.
I'm out of here, though I will check back.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I have zero interest in the debunkers. I know what I know.

Whats there to debunk, how has it been proven?

Can you test the hypothesis? No? It's bull#.

So please elaborate, what do you know?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Yikes. Who are these people? Are they just ego lead Or do they have an agenda?

I'm not interested. May this thread sputter to a stop, or grow in some way.
I'm out of here, though I will check back.

Who are you talking to? It's just me here.

Yes, I said something that goes against what you want to believe, probably best to run away. Embrace Ignorance, the new 2016 ATS motto.
edit on 1-5-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join