It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test your love language {a la Dr Gary Chapman's 5 love languages}

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
By Danielle Duet, Designer | Friday, November 22, 2013 7:58 PM

www.tommiemedia.com...

What is your primary love language? Take the test based on the 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman to find out what your preference is for emotional communication. Understanding how to use your love language to connect with others can effectively enhance friendships and romantic relationships in your life.

I'd add that it can be crucial in more effective child rearing.
And, it can be a great aid to teachers.
At first, I saw the colorful graphics and I thought it might be a bit . . . something . . . less than ideal.

However, I went through the steps--and--sure enough--I came out as expected--with Physical touch being top and Quality Time being 2nd highest in my preferences.
It's fairly quick and easy. It's just a flow chart with binary choices.
Cheers.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

:I love the Cosmopolitan..
edit on 1-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Ah I was waiting to find the right response for your recent threads

One it's great to see some emotional intelligence threads here two the one and only criteria my beautiful woman had to meet to become my wife and someone I can praise and adore for life .. She had to speak the same language as me

nothing greater then finding your other half I was happy to walk alone but this is that much more enjoyable I even love oysters now but she won't make them for me [snipped]

edit on 1-5-2016 by GlutenFree because: (no reason given)

edit on 5.1.2016 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

(post by Tiamat384 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
***** ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS *****

Discuss the topic at hand and not each other or your opinions on which topics are appropriate for ATS. There are enough forums for everyone and it isn't required that everyone participate in ALL of them.

Further off topic discussion will be removed and posting bans possible if the T&C's can't be followed.

***** DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE *****

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Atook, Lana, zug-zug.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 1-5-2016 by C8H10N4O2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Dr Chapman's 5 love languages are real. Real people do really have one or two of them as their highest relational priorities.

And, a lot of conflicts can be minimized or solved by merely TRANSLATING into the love language of the one you want to communicate well with.

That can take some learning and experimenting but it's very doable.

Certainly folks can bumble around ignorant of the love languages and even have a fairly decent relationship if other factors are not too far in the pits.

However, why not make the most of all our relationships. Life is toooooooo short to have less than fulfilling and richly rewarding loving close relationships. imho.

I suppose it's considered by SOME to be OK--to a point--at some level--given free will and all--to focus on horror movies; alcohol, zombies and battering one's partner up one side and down the other [No--abuse is NOT OK] . . . But that's not my reality as to what's worthwhile and valuable in life.

It's much more rewarding AND EXCITING to me, to see a smile on a loved one's face; to see the 'finally understanding one another light bulb' go on in someone's eyes; to see a child or a loved one exalt, wallow in, luxuriate in the confident love of a bonded, very connected relationship. I've given most of my life toward such goals and changes in individuals and relationships. I don't intend to end otherwise.

new topics

top topics

join