It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am starting to believe in God

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The evidence for the soul is actually incredible solid. It's just that most people haven't researched and parrot what their society tells them.
www.evidenceforthesoul.com

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
There's a 'God' in control?

This 'God' does a remarkably good simulation of complete chaos, a total dislike of mankind and not very good at gardening skills...

In the words of The Apprentice : You're fired!!

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: clevargenuis

originally posted by: rickymouse
I do not know what god is, I only know there is something that could be considered god that exists.

eggsackly!!! Thing is nobody know what God is. Its annoying how some people think they have it all figured out.

God works in the background. Subtle yet in control of the world.

Imagine if you create an army of robots, you dont need to be right in front of them to know what there upto. You can monitor them from a distance. Would it affect you if they dont acknowledge you as their creator???

Maybe we are simply God's robots of flesh and blood. Made Self aware and left to play on earth.

Microscopic organisms = God's nanobots.

I don't even think most people are self aware. They are walking around doped up from the scientifically modified food we eat. We are being controlled, conditioned, and made to believe we can eat anything with no harm. Science is doing this, even in nature animals need to eat certain foods, they cannot eat food chemistry they have not evolved to eat.

I believe in evolution, just not the theory they have made about it. I do not believe in creationism yet some parts of it are correct. I do not have to believe in science if the parameters of the research show it does not apply to something. I believe some of the stuff in the bible was blown up to make it sound more impressive. Human nature is involved in both of those subjects. Just like people reading what they believe into the bible writings, people read what they believe into scientific research results. Evidence is structured to show something and interpretted to fit ones desires or belief.

Just because I do not believe others interpretations of the bible does not mean I don't believe it is a book that has good intentions. The old testament is there to show where people screwed up and had to fight to protect their wealth. It is supposed to be a history lesson but the writings are twisted by people who want to gain wealth. The people saw disease happening long ago in the bible so set precidence to try to stop the spread by calling certain practices unclean. We have learned how to treat these diseases now, but it would be better if they were not being spread instead of treating them.

What a screwed up society we have created, one where people challenge the conservative people and then take the wealth of the conservative after they blow, risk, and lose their wealth along with tricking others into investing into the risky ventures they promote. There has to be a balance between conservatives and liberals, lately liberal is getting out of hand and things are going to crumble again...as they have throughout history....because we believe in those who promote risk and deceit. When this happens, the liberals steal everyone's savings to pay the debt they got the country in. This is happening all over the world again in the present.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
There's a 'God' in control?

This 'God' does a remarkably good simulation of complete chaos, a total dislike of mankind and not very good at gardening skills...

In the words of The Apprentice : You're fired!!

wow. so edgy and dark and cool.

My 14 year old self would have given you a star
edit on 1-5-2016 by clevargenuis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I've only read a handful of your posts, all in this thread. You're ignorant of some things. Many examples presented. Here is one I chose to point out.

Also its way too easy to heap insults on religios ppl. Its a fact that religious people run charities, orphanages, hospitals etc. You gotta give credit where its due.
It takes a lot to hang out with lepers and the poor. Only those of religious mindsets can do something like that.

Do you honestly believe only religious people run charities, etc.?

Another thing I would like to point out. What does dreaming of a future event accurately have to do with whether or not a divine deity exists? And which one are you referring to, if any in particular? The God of the Bible? That would be a laugh.

Sure, I can't prove whether or not something greater than ourselves, that we could possibly define as a god, exists. I do however find it very easy to debunk the many that have been claimed to. Now maybe spirituality connects people to this "something greater" and in that loose sense, religions and the spiritual "have it right". I'm skeptical but who knows? That's another subject though.

If you are starting to believe in God, after your love of The God Delusion, etc., you must not have been soaking up any of the information. Or perhaps just not enough of it.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
^

Do you honestly believe only religious people run charities, etc.?

No but they dominate the field.

Another thing I would like to point out. What does dreaming of a future event accurately have to do with whether or not a divine deity exists? And which one are you referring to, if any in particular? The God of the Bible? That would be a laugh.

i said nothing about the bible. re-read the op.

Sure, I can't prove whether or not something greater than ourselves, that we could possibly define as a god, exists. I do however find it very easy to debunk the many that have been claimed to. Now maybe spirituality connects people to this "something greater" and in that loose sense, religions and the spiritual "have it right". I'm skeptical but who knows? That's another subject though.

never said I converted to a religion. just that I believe in a Higher power, that religious people call God.

If you are starting to believe in God, after your love of The God Delusion, etc., you must not have been soaking up any of the information. Or perhaps just not enough of it.

the God delusion is a pretty good critique of the bible. nothing more.
edit on 1-5-2016 by clevargenuis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: clevargenuis

I watched a video by Stefan Molyneux the other day.

While it's far from some type of spiritual awakening, or a brush with the magical, it might be relevant.
It seems that we all have moments where a higher power feels more plausible than not.
We all rationalize these feelings in a different way.

I generally walk the fence on this topic.

m.youtube.com...
edit on 1-5-2016 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew
Sorry OP I forgot to ask you in a previous response
From your experience what made you realise the existence of god? (genuine question).what part confirmed it for you? Have you searched for other possible reasons before coming to that conclusion or did the assumption feel right on some level?

Thankyou.

It started when I realized that atheists (the group that I used to think were smarT) I used to keep company with were basically pompous morons with attitudes. They were generally crude and their approach to debate was basically to insult and attack those who believed in God.

I also started to notice that religious people around me were generally better behaved. in other words they were more classy. though I wouldnt call myself "religious" I noticed that religious people were just NICER and more pleasant to be around.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

Maybe God caused a strong delusion and many believed it. Have you experienced anything different lately? Maybe the mendala effect or syncing?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It sounds like you have broken out of the confines of the counter-culture!

If you see it further, you might just find yourself in a more advanced place than is possible from the zealotry of either the religious or non-religious.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

No but they dominate the field.

I would be interested in seeing the statistics on this. Not saying it is or isn't true. It would be nice to know how you came to that conclusion though. Whether because it's backed up by something, or just how you feel.

i said nothing about the bible. re-read the op.

I guess it's a good thing I didn't put any words in your mouth. I said, "And which one are you referring to, if any in particular?" The title of the OP says you may be starting to believe in God. Obviously I was seeking your clarification.

never said I converted to a religion. just that I believe in a Higher power, that religious people call God.

Nor did I say, or even imply, that you had converted to a religion. You vaguely alluded to there possibly being a higher power. Again, all I was seeking was some clarification.

the God delusion is a pretty good critique of the bible. nothing more.

God Delusion. etc. See when I read your OP, in my opinion, it sounded like you had studied up on why people such as myself refute religious claims. If that is not the case, my mistake, and apologies. Anyway...

So you believe in a higher power that religious people call God(s).

Is it an active God, so to speak? Or just a "higher power" of sorts?

I am trying to understand the significance to you, of having a dream of the future and where a higher power came into the picture because of that. Was that higher power responsible for giving you the dream or something? What does the dream have to do with your idea of God?

edit on 5-1-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

in my opinion the real nature of reality has a lot more depth than just one god, heaven or hell. ....

i think western modern religions are only touching the surface. Like science is touching the surface of reality, through materialism.

A succinct, brilliant summation of exactly how I think about things. Excellent post. Star and

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I would like to say that I too would be "nicer" if I didn't have answers to basic questions. After a while , as you are fully aware, getting no answers and bible quotes as justification for proof, it can be infuriating. They are nicer cos of the self righteous attitude you attribute to atheists.

Can I ask have you been searching for answers recently? Are you of middle age (40 odd) and looking for more meaning?

Unfortunately you didn't address my question how you linked this experience to god, rather than uneducated people that debate. Why are you not janeist or Buddhist if the main premise of your conversion revolves around the people that identify with a certain group/cult/organisation.

Very strange circumstances to change your world view from my perspective. I believe the you before this experience would agree.

Ok I have just read your other thread, you are clearly not of middle age. You seem very suggest able so I won't interact anymore. Good day.

edit on 1-5-2016 by GemmyMcGemJew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

OK as to Why just from a Premonition ??
why is a God Involved , could be more to it!

but kind or Type of god are you referring from what Culture ?

God from this Planet ? this Star , This Galaxy ? The Universe..

OR

The GODS Outside of this Hologram ( Program ) Universe..

Which one ?

Im Assuming you are talking about the Hebrew Abraham God YHWH

well there must be other gods ...
or YHWH wouldn't place you shall have no other gods before me ..

who to say its Not like :
The Matrix - The 13th Floor - Tron - Virtuosity - Transcendence etc..

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I would say the real atheist standpoint ISN'T to poke holes in the Bible or its tales (let's face it, it doesn't need us to do that).

Atheism is not the denying of a God either. It's about the lack of *belief* in a God, due to lack of evidence.

As far as I'm aware it is not "rejecting" God or denying it exists - merely that there is insufficient empirical evidence to indicate it exists and therefore believing in it is unjustified.

Honestly - if a believer, of any faith, can provide genuine, empirical evidence to support the existence of a God, I'll consider it, i'm open minded. But so far... not so much.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Also its way too easy to heap insults on religios ppl. Its a fact that religious people run charities, orphanages, hospitals etc. You gotta give credit where its due. It takes a lot to hang out with lepers and the poor. Only those of religious mindsets can do something like that.

Masons are very charitable and not all of us are religious. In fact, the majority of my entire lodge do not adhere, follow or believe in religion. That may sound contradictory but, if you understand how some people believe in a higher form (ie: impartial energy or life) then it's cool.

But i would seriously contest that statement you made -- charity is NOT restricted to the religious only. In fact, I would say that in the religious case people are being charitable because it's expected and they do it out of fear or what MAY come if they do not.

I'm charitable, but not because anyone says I must be or have to be or I won't get a bigger seat at the big table in the sky. I do it because it feels good.
edit on 1-5-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

You are so far behind it is almost beyond belief, but better late than never.

Hopefully you have the tools to recognize that neither atheist or believer is ANYWHERE NEAR the truth.

Searching for the ultimate truth and actually finding is not, and has not occurred inside any belief systems this planet has entertained so far.

Why not skip ahead of it all like a lot of us are doing now and just actually KNOW, how to KNOW ?

FIND.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Nobody ever having a dream come true would be the greater improbability. No offense. Nor am I trying to make you disbelieve in God, for I am a believer as well. I think energy is God sometimes, as it cannot be created nor destroyed (eternal) and is everywhere and everthing. I do believe. I think unbelievers are in denial and just want it to be true that they live only once so they can do and think evil things.
I've done bad in my life before, but God forgives and I think I know why God is so forgiving but I have not the words to describe why. The information has to be "put inside" one's mind to understand. Not quite unlike telepathy. I gonna stop before I sound too crazy...

edit on 1/5/2016 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/5/2016 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

All that needed was a, "Call now, for only $19.95 you too can experience the real truth"...

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

As far as I'm aware it is not "rejecting" God or denying it exists - merely that there is insufficient empirical evidence to indicate it exists and therefore believing in it is unjustified.

Then its also unjustified to believe life exist on other planets. Insufficient empirical evidence to indicate the existence of aliens.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join