It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am starting to believe in God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1
a reply to: Lysergic

how much of this science have u done yourself or do just have faith in the people that did the real work. Because no written word by men has ever been changed or manipulated to fit an adgenda or control a people

11% more than you have

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1
Can be easily replicated. If it can't be replicated, it is not true. Simple. Stop misunderstanding basic concepts.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: GemmyMcGemJew

that is the most shortsighted thing i have ever heard, there many things that cant be replicated that we know to be true, i think this the end of our conversation

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Lol. Priceless.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Talking about science right? What physical experiments cant be replicated under lab conditions?

How many miracles can be replicated?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

what do you know, i come with a valid observation and a coherent statement that involves the subject at hand and i get nonsense, why dont you use your 11 percent to convince me of something? cause at this point it sounds like your bored and arguing for the sake of arguing
edit on 1-5-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

well I don't know how well you understood my posts.

But in my opinion the real nature of reality has a lot more depth than just one god, heaven or hell. Like a lot of Christians get from the bible or others from different abrahamic religions.

i think western modern religions are only touching the surface. Like science is touching the surface of reality, through materialism.

the point of my post was not that the god did it or did not - I don't know what caused his dreams!
but rather it is more focused on the more subtle nature and forces of reality which are still hidden to modern science but can be experienced through regular practice with meditation by everyone who devotes enough time and an open mind to explore these options by learning about Eastern philosophies and methods of Hinduism, Buddhism, Zen, Zoroastrianism, Tao, Advaita Vedanta, Sufism, etc...

edit on 1462097040504May045043116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity
I apologise, I didn't read the entirety of your post. I don't mind the spiritual explaination of it cos it can have so many implications. I could throw is spiritual nexus points to add another dimension to the arguement.

My main problem is with the OP statement that he has found god through this experience. He may have found a deeper "lack of understanding " of the world but not a better understanding. It's the lack of understanding = god which really gets me. The OP has become what he mocked for many years, with no substance in the experience other than "wtf".

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

if we could replicate everything we would be masters of the universe. it is quite obvious we are not, we cant even explore all of our own planet, so you are wrong. I will tell you something about miracles though, no matter what the dictionary says that term means so many different things to so many different people there is no process of which to replicate miracles.

please analyze your statement and find the fallacy's within
edit on 1-5-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
A dream , so there is god?
you fell for the usual human trait, if you don't understand something, just add a splash of god to the mix

That said, I truly don't care if anyone believes or not, whatever floats your boat.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
One is always going to encounter alot of resistance when it comes to exploring the mysteries of life.The topic of religion and how somebody pursues their spirituality, is the most intimate journey they can embark on.Spirituality is an incredibly diverse field and discount the inspiration dreams offer is to shut out one of the most personal aspect of our lives.

Everyone has to start somewhere, and if being afraid to examine the potential of our minds and the unseen world becomes challenging, the world we live in would be radically different.How many discoveries, events, and works of art would never have happened without dreams?

Sometimes I feel like those have developed an awareness of this side of life are living in another world...

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: clevargenuis

God, what humans call God that is, is unknowable. The secret to religion that nobody will tell you is that all the stories are allegorical and enigmatic as well as esoteric. The stories were never meant to be believed but to teach spiritual lessons.

People who take it as history do not get the point and are followers of delusional beliefs. Atheists hate religion because they can't understand why people believe in religion as reality.

If they could unlock the mysteries that religion is supposed to teach they would have a different opinion. Those inconsistencies and contradictions are clues that this is something that needs to be solved, a riddle. They are deliberate in fact, a mystery to be solved not dismissed.

Every religion has something to teach. Gods are all man's creation. The real Eternal Creator is so incomprehensible that we make our own gods.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Thanks for sharing that dream.It reminds me of one of my own, the way dreams can bridge different levels of our being.

One night, when I was working out of town I had a dream.

I found myself invited to my boss' apartment for dinner.My daughters and nephew came along, as we took a taxi over to his place.He lived in the penthouse suite of a highrise, beautiful view from there.I really enjoyed working for him, he's a great supervisor and foremen.I felt flattered to be there with the children.

After ribs, fries and caeser salad we all started chatting about work.

My nephew was interested in our trade (Ironworking).My brother started passing around Polaroid photos of a job building a bridge together.As they went around the table to the kids and then to me, before I gave back.I was real excited sharing about the trade with the kids, and dropped the photo into some left over ketchup on my plate!The photo was face down when it dipped, and my brother told me firmly "Focus,focus!"I flipped over the photo and it was of bridging.

This is important because bridging is name of small angles that hold together roof steel (purlins) in a building.This is what my crew was working on the day before I had this dream.I awoke immediately, late for work, and then made it there just in the nick of time.(by taxi!)

My Opa used to joke that if I used less ketchup I wouldn't have to rush so often and be more punctual, lol...
edit on 1-5-2016 by dffrntkndfnml because: spelling

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CapstonePendulum

Well said and the most positive reply to date. Yes, all "religious lessons" from say, the Bible and Koran,were written hundred's of years ago to hopefully teach humans to follow the right path in life. Unfortunately, many of the lessons are biased, hateful,narrow minded and teach destruction of you fellow man.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma

I feel sorry for you brother... did you hit your head... drink bleach.. hang or shoot yourself and fail... I,m so sorry for your loss .... of intelligence. When intelligence Fails we always have religion.

Anyone can believe in God without any religion. A man is not merely intelligence. A man is sentient.
Before even men became complex intelligence they were naturally sentient. So, get your facts straight NUB.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
We have asked you your age before in previous threads have we not? If we can replicate experiments we are masters of the universe? Because we don't know everything we can't know anything arguement.

No fallacys whatsoever in my statement. Unfortunately it is your littered with child like concepts ( not religion ), just your understanding of science and words

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: boozo
Nothing factual about either of your statements. Soz

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Sorry OP I forgot to ask you in a previous response
From your experience what made you realise the existence of god? (genuine question).what part confirmed it for you? Have you searched for other possible reasons before coming to that conclusion or did the assumption feel right on some level?

Thankyou.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Hey, I saw this yesterday, but didn't react.

I'm going just by the OP and the title:

I have long believed that we are in another dimension when we sleep, and especially when we dream. All my life I've had vivid, clear dreams of another life - one that is me but is in a separate environment. Some of the characters drift between the two, but most are only known in one realm or the other.

I believe the spirit world is real, and also believe reincarnation and psi are facts.

But that does not require that I believe in "God," let alone the dramatic hero "Jesus". *

* (I do think Jesus lived, as a wise man, perhaps an ascended master. Look into the study of whether or not he was in India during his "lost" adolescent years, and perhaps after the escape from the tomb where he was laid after putting himself into a death-like trance - like yogis do - and fled in exile to India. There is very good evidence that this is what happened to the man Jesus. Even a tomb.)

That's all I wanted to say. I think Jesus was trying to tell us the same thing Buddha was telling us. And several other sages. But we all get to that level eventually. I honestly believe that. At the point we become 'ascended' we have the OPTION to come here and help as a human. Possibly even without conscious knowledge of it, but a definite agenda predetermined before birth in the ethereal realm.

Still no "God" required. Right?

edit on 5/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Also, its a fact that every culture on the planet believes in unseen world
Yes, so it seems.

- God, angels, demons, heaven and hell.
No!! None of that is required. I happen to believe in angels, but reject the 'demons, Satan, heaven, hell' thing.

We are hardwired to believe in God, and,its only later in life that people choose not to believe.

Hmmm. Source this please, or clarify that it is simply your hunch.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join