It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am starting to believe in God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Just because he doesn't believe in an unprovable theory doesn't mean he's an idiot. I know thats the trendy thing to think, along with atheism and unprovable theoretical 'science.' Perhaps your taking a greater jump of faith just to fit in with your 'progressive' peers and not hold a heavy conscience against your inward flaws...?
There is an agenda behind what you believe. And it's a dark one. Trying to mislead and take you captive. One trying to leave you procrastinating...indefinitely unsure of your future. Aching from not truly believing something that is unbelievable and unproven. Now as for the truth of scripture and prophecy and scientific accuracy, and survival of the bible through centuries of powerful goes trying to dismantle it, that speaks for itself. But as I said, continue to believe you have the 'wise' 'educated' path. You and the rest of you peers have it 100% right...a reply to: Aeshma

edit on 1-5-2016 by TheCretinHop because: .

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: clevargenuis

People didn't know how weather worked so they thought god or spirits controlled the wind and made floods and earthquakes happen. People didn't know about the earth and how volcanoes worked so they blamed that on god. T

The point is that people still had a concept of a higher power regardless of their undestanding of nature.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Good for you man. There is so much evidence that people suppress just so that they can force themselves to be atheist. So many exudes, rationalizations and unprovable theories which really leave them in satisfied and truly unhappy with no hope. You can see the design and thought that when into our world. Humans are just too selfish to realize there is something greater than themselves out there. But it sounds like you're awakening to the reality. a reply to: clevargenuis

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheCretinHop
Just because he doesn't believe in an unprovable theory doesn't mean he's an idiot. I know thats the trendy thing to think, along with atheism and unprovable theoretical 'science.'

his post serves to illustrate the point that atheists are crass, crude and classless Doesnt it?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

It does when it's supposed to be the preserved word of god which many believers think it is and use one scripture to back it up.

then atheism is basically a critique of the bible. it does not address the big idea behind christianity, or other religions - that there exists a higher power.

Scientists talk about unprovable parallel universes and scientific minded people lap it up.
yet when christians talk about heaven and hell (basically parallel universes) you point and laugh at them. lmao
edit on 1-5-2016 by clevargenuis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: clevargenuis
My point is that dreams coming true is a phenomenon that should be considered.

The data seems to suggest that we all dream in an amalgam of 'past/present/future'.
The experiment is to write down your dream as soon as you dream it, and read it back is 2 days.
The 2 is an arbitrary number, if you dream that something special will happen on Sept 28th at 9:00pm, etc, etc... etc... do check it out!
But it is amazing how much happens in the next two or three days.
We write it down and read it back because, as I said, we dream in an 'amalgam' and might not recognize the 'elements' otherwise.

The experiment started about 100 years ago with the book 'An Experiment in Time', by John Dunne, I think (it was a long time!).
Everyone who reads it takes part and includes his data.
The night that I finished the book, I dreamed a full length motion picture!!
I was so jazzed about it that I described it in detail to Boopsie when I awoke!
That night there was a world premier on TV, first time, and that was the movie, exactly!
The data has been quite positive!
Feel free to join the experiment! *__-

As far as your budding 'belief-infection' (of the imagination/ego), if it takes strong hold, it will symptomatically inhibit your cognition and intellect, leading into insanity!
'Beliefs' are the only insanity in a 'make-believe' Reality!!

edit on 1-5-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Just for a bit of clarification...was it god that gave you the dream or did good provide the stimulus (chocolate, dairy) that allowed you to remember your dream?

Did you try to fulfil this prophecy by actively searching for this person in a location in which you knew he lived or hung about or had previous memories of the old friend in t a similar location?

Or did you have a vague dream and reconstruct it to mimic what you observed 2 days later?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Heaven and he'll can not be called parallel universes...lmao...that's a new one. They are destinations. Not a deviation through choices made.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Hard to argue with rock solid reasoning like this.......

........................................................................................................

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

The point is that people still had a concept of a higher power regardless of their undestanding of nature.

Many certainly do.Looks like you have had an interesting experience with the dream you had and how things played out afterwards.It's cool when life surprises us like that, and it appears to have taking another look at your beliefs.

At this point in my life, God is Good.A force that organizes the universe through virtues.It goes so far beyond that, but I haven't seen anyone bring up that image yet in the thread.The Dao De Jing goes into that.

Often when religious discussions are brought up online it's easy for individuals to focus on the differences, instead of what they share in common.Building bridges, you know?

For what it's worth, you may want to explore religion as a tool for self-realization.The ideas of Carl Jung are also concepts that can help make more sense of the way different faiths express our higher natures.There are such a wide variety of images one confronts when exploring religion that it can be rather bewildering.

Studying different traditions from around the world and learning to recognize the spiritual lines of thought that flow through them can help make God more accessible.

Uh, this post is a little heavy on the mental side of things.Eh, dreams themselves are a great tool for accessing our connection to the divine.You may get better mileage by simply reflecting on the spiritual side of your life, and asking the universe to show you answers to your questions at night...

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew
Just for a bit of clarification...was it god that gave you the dream or did good provide the stimulus (chocolate, dairy) that allowed you to remember your dream?

Did you try to fulfil this prophecy by actively searching for this person in a location in which you knew he lived or hung about or had previous memories of the old friend in t a similar location?

Or did you have a vague dream and reconstruct it to mimic what you observed 2 days later?

the dream was vivid.

It was my first time in that place (a laptop repair place). I wasnt even thinking about that dream when i walked in. it just so happened that my friend was also there to collect his laptop.

thats when i realized i had a true dream. My friend had even grown his beard long as I saw it in the dream!

Same place/person as in the dream. What are the odds???

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Thats not what i said at all. How do you explain dreams that come true on many levels?

I have a theory to consider.I am partial to believing that when coincidences like this happen it has to do with the integrity with which we live our lives.The better one practices aligning their mind, body, and soul (or heart) the more gravity is added to our actions.This may extend even into the more subtle areas of our lives, thoughts, dreams, speach, etc.Becoming more obvious with more practice.Integrity on many levels...

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Always strange to someone like me who was not involved or experience it. So you didn't actively seek out a laptop repair shop?. From someone looking in I would say your laptop was broken, it played on your mind how to resolve the issue. You associated this with trying to resolve the old friendship you had with this person. The two became intertwined during dream state. I would believe after this dream you actively tried to find him on social media to see how he was doing and saw his photo, retrospectively reconstructing what you witnessed in the dream to mimic reality. I believe without this dream you would not have met him. Coincidence to me. Oh and you fancy your mother and and all women have penis envy. (Dusts hands off and smuggly walks off)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

heres my story:
i used to LOVE debating religious people.

Debating on what grounds? which religion specifically? were you discussing logical fallacys? why were you debating?
I used to debate in a chatroom many years back, the name was Apologetics. It was a room of christian scholars, ministers, and otherwise educated believers and skeptics holding respectful yet pointed discussions about specifically biblical flaws and the like. It was a good exercise in literary critique. If you went there and just demanded God not real, you were banned for being a putz.
Debate today takes on a new meaning of just going in and being an arse and make a sweeping statement with only insults to deliver instead of discussion.
So, what form of debate are you discussing?

I used to watch hours of videos mocking religions on youtube and thinking "haw haw religious people are so dumb".

Nevermind, I figured it out

And then something happened that caused me to question my outlook on life.

And this is the problem then. See, life is filled with oddness and interesting things that you are in a constant state of learning, questioning, and revising your views. When you are young and demanding something claimed worldwide is simply an effect of being dum dums, chances are, you are going to have a very awkward future. a closed mind quickly becomes cracked.

its too easy to dismiss this as a mere coincidence so dont give me that explaination.

And like many former extremist, you went fully onto the other side of the coin.
So first question..consider then how many dreams you had that didnt come true before one finally did. Something to consider.

This got me thinking, maybe there is an unseen world that we access in dreams. clearly there is more to the world than just matter. religions speak of an intangible spirit world, and perhaps dreams are one aspect of it.

Lets not even go into skepticism here and instead consider implications
Lets say you did for a moment have precognition. why does that even imply a deity or religion?
For deities: why must you see land therefore assume a emperor must exist?
Maybe you could "remember" the future because you lived this exact life over and over in a infinate loop..or maybe you are literally living in a movie as a virtual reality experience and once its over, you will awake in a 400 million year old body where life trips are the main entertainment to refresh your views of the universe
or one of a billion billion possibilities outside of religion/deities.

Thats just accepting a paranormal explanation and not being skeptical at all about it.

But here is the thing.
I find lots of hard mocking type "atheists" who used atheism as some sort of surrogate religion are very easily swayed to go full cultist the second something weird happens to them. often they used the guise of atheism simply to try and make someone prove to them something to believe in without feeling like an idiot for believing first off..but once they get a scrap of evidence..it is head first, dont check the depth.

Its normal..its fine..atheist you may have been, but certainly not skeptical, and if that makes you happy, cool beans..just remember that not everyone used atheism like you did..some simply are seeking out strong evidence of a deity..not odd occurances, supernatural events, etc..all that isnt even part of atheism..atheism is a disbelief in deities..especially as written in religious text. hell, a atheist can fully believe in afterlife and eternal soul (see previous mention of 400 million year old body).

I am an atheist. I enjoy entertaining the thought of a loving God that has my back..it comforts me, but I dont believe it in regards to putting any demand in its reality...I just see it as a sort of invisible friend that gets my jokes. Call it the higher self, or just a comfortable identity, whatever.
I also have had some very insane supernatural experiences in my life that I cannot seem to falsify..I dont see this being a deity..I dont see it as anything outside of a curiousity that compels me to continue investigating.

You can choose to have a dream make you go full churchgoer, or you can just see it as a interesting and compelling mysterious event you want to explore more without any demand for what it was

this was a book..sorry...got bored, typed a lot.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

hah I have never imagined I could see a thread like this on ATS.

cheers to you!

there are many many worlds out there and probably gods and many other beings also. I give you two facts made by science:
- we see a small percent of the light spectare with our eyes (I dunno maybe it is around 6%?)
- universe is mostly hollow (99%)

Both these statements can be googled.
How can anyone still be sure in materialism is very illogical to me due to these two facts alone we should assume that we don't know much about real nature of reality!

For that we have religions and spirituality.

But I should also say that be careful about joining some group as in religion. Instead I would advise to start practice meditation and look within. In my contemplation and experience that is where the truths are revealed.

everything we need we already have and possess.

Talk about irony.
Don't focus on the external but internal in my opinion.
(I am shouting to all Eastern religions with this statement, which are more focused on meditative experiences instead of prayer and blind beliefs like a lot people in the West like to do...)

good luck discovering and learning about other worlds and beings.
Oh and a bit of "a warning" - all religions and also spirituality - Almost everything that is mainstream is mainly full of some kind agenda driven half truths as in all other fields.

But you are lucky due to having internet and google, the perfect tools to break away from mainstream, if you want to...

Also a nice fun way to start exploring a bit about real nature of reality, is exactly by dreams. Learn to remember your dreams, learn to lucid dream, try OBE, etc...all these is connected also with meditation and your own mind.

More that it will be peaceful and relaxed, more it will help you understand and remember dreams and also other things naturally...in my opinion.

: )
edit on 1462093274501May015013116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

edit on 1462093367502May025023116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I would say your laptop was broken, it played on your mind how to resolve the issue. You associated this with trying to resolve the old friendship you had with this person...

nope.
Your attempt at psychoanalyzing what went on in my mind is a big FAIL. It made me laugh though.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

I see thread like this every week. Everyone experiences strange stuff, only few attribute it to god and write a thread willing to change their whole life perspective cos of a dream. If I did that I wouldn't leave the house through fear of waterfalls and wolves chasing me. Not sure if the title is just click bait or he genuinely sees this a a form of proof of god (not sure how anyone can but that's just me)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

a reply to: UniFinity

I see thread like this every week. Everyone experiences strange stuff, only few attribute it to god and write a thread willing to change their whole life perspective cos of a dream. If I did that I wouldn't leave the house through fear of waterfalls and wolves chasing me. Not sure if the title is just click bait or he genuinely sees this a a form of proof of god (not sure how anyone can but that's just me)

its just you.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Haha. I know right. Tried to turn it into an america crime series, talk fast with little substance portraying it as smart. Think I achieved that quite well.(lol)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Think it's 95% of people in all fairness. Very few people see dreams as divine intervention, vocation or a link to god. It's very difficult to attribute it to god. Easier to attribute it to diet and stimulus before the dream took place.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join