It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am starting to believe in God

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Mystical experiences stimulate our imaginations by the novel way they effect us.

Spirituality involves looking within, while practicing a greater sense of self awareness.One's consciousness needs to constructively practice taking a closer look at the different levels of our being.Getting to know ourselves better and how our inner and outer worlds connect should encourage someone to take greater responsibility of who they are and their place in the world.

It's like looking at life in layers, the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual, while growing a greater appreciation of the connections that can be drawn.These insights into our psyche's can be priceless, in a world where the powers that we submit to, are the one's that control us.

All this requires flexibility in our thinking and can be considered more of an art then a science.The subjective nature of spiritual growth though personal, can be recognized by others on that journey.

This is no small challenge in today's fast paced world where the challenges, life throws at us make it easier to react and feel overwhelmed.A common spiritual teachings is to look within for what we lack, before looking to the outside for that fulfillment.That can be a difficult task, if we never stop to smell the roses.

Hopefully this thread has helped to show some of us, how dreams are to the individual as mythology is to our society...
edit on 3-5-2016 by dffrntkndfnml because: misc

edit on 3-5-2016 by dffrntkndfnml because: x2

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Great post, I can relate.

I felt unprepared to become a father.At 22, I might as well have been walking around on a different planet.The pain and challenges of having to unexpectedly change who I was had me hating the world and everyone in it.I hate to admit it, but my eldest had turned 3, before I even noticed my own reflection in her eyes.
I cried when I realized that, oh how lost I had become.

Thank goodness, her love and the reminders from others gradually healed that pain.

I'm grateful for the lesson, and you reminded me the all the gifts that come from that.Unconditional love can change the world for the better, becoming a father definitely opened my eyes to treating others as myself.Golden Rule for the win.

Thank you
edit on 3-5-2016 by dffrntkndfnml because: spelling

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml
a reply to: blueman12

It's like looking at life in layers, the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual, while growing a greater appreciation of the connections that can be drawn.

exactly there is this unseen layer over what we perceive as this world. Its not all just matter around us.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: clevargenuis

I posted that print of "St. George the Dragon Slayer" by Sandro Del-Prete to help illustrate this for everyone.The image has his hair as the dragon on the left, and St George on the right, both making up the side profile of a his face.The fire breathing dragon reminds me of man's physical nature, and St. George on his horse of how we ride through life (spiritual).Together they form his image.If someone saw one or the other, they wouldn't be wrong.

Seeing the whole face though, is kind of like making the connections between the different levels I mentioned earlier.It's about light and energy.A kind of fractal, as well.
edit on 3-5-2016 by dffrntkndfnml because: misc

edit on 3-5-2016 by dffrntkndfnml because: x2

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Keep your eyes open. You'll figure out your own personal connection with your "higher power" as you understand it. And dreams are a big part of it.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: youcanttellthepeople

Sad to hear that. I know what a 10weeks miss carry did to my wife. As a believer and father of 3 boys I will pray for you, although I know it must be unwanted. I really hope you find peace some day, but as Christian I find some of "God's Will" totally unfair, but I'm a mere mortal. Strongs.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
3 BILLION letters in the DNA organized themselves in 4.5 billion years??

nah, don't think so!

Head of Human Genome Project, Dr. Francis Collins, converts to Christianity
"I set out to prove that my atheist position was correct."

“Intelligence must have been involved...”
--Dr. Antony Flew, 2004 (speaking about DNA complexity and his new-found belief in God. Dr. Flew was the author of “Theology and Falsification”, and was the foremost atheistic scientific writer of 20th Century)

“The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. My mother taught me to seek all truth in the Bible.”
--Nikola Tesla

youtube: The Case For A Creator With Lee Strobel
www.youtube.com...

yt: Latest Scientific Evidence for God's Existence - Hugh Ross, PhD
youtu.be...

yt: Young Earth - Young Universe
youtu.be...

yt: Scientific Evidence for God - Dr. Strauss
youtu.be...
physics professor at the University of Oklahoma who often spends his time studying smashed subatomic particles at the Large Hadron Collider at CERN laboratory in Switzerland

yt: Lee Strobel - The Case for the Resurrection
www.youtube.com...
yt: The Bible Is True! ~ The New Evidence That Demands A Verdict
www.youtube.com...
yt: Walter Veith (13) Battle of the Bibles /Total Onslaught
youtu.be...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

You don't have to choose a "God" to believe in a God.

This makes zero sense. Even if you make up your own god you still need to make that choice and reject all others.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: clevargenuis

There are definitely aspects to this life that we cannot see or prove. Glad tp hear you are now considering this, and the possibility that God is real. He'll be happy about that, too!

Dreams can be just stuff in our heads, but they can also be more.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I don't see how you jumped to god from a dream coming true. That's a big jump. If you had common sense the first conclusion should have been pure coincidence. Followed by subconscious drive to recreate the dream. I other words, your dream was based on some subconscious knowlege of your friends whereabouts/plans (hello Facebook) and you unwittingly put yourself at the right place at the right time.

Now if when you awoke from your dream and were magically lifted by an angel to your friends couch...then I could understand the god theory.

TBH I suspect you're a hardcore Christian and using a conspiracy theory website to preach your gospel in the guise of a profound act. I'd be a little more creative next time.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml

Great post, I can relate.

I felt unprepared to become a father.At 22, I might as well have been walking around on a different planet.The pain and challenges of having to unexpectedly change who I was had me hating the world and everyone in it.I hate to admit it, but my eldest had turned 3, before I even noticed my own reflection in her eyes.
I cried when I realized that, oh how lost I had become.

Thank goodness, her love and the reminders from others gradually healed that pain.

I'm grateful for the lesson, and you reminded me the all the gifts that come from that.Unconditional love can change the world for the better, becoming a father definitely opened my eyes to treating others as myself.Golden Rule for the win.

Thank you

Like being on the verge of a heart attack knowing what the world is like yet at the same time tending to them so they blossom into the beautiful unique individual they are... fertilizer happens and if we are there and open and not wrapped up in our own rotting bouquet? We can help them understand the world and cope with it in its various difficulties instead of limit with fear and concern and not allow them to experience.

They are inheriters of the world, us dragging relatives and ideals and ideologies that do not bring progress just to keep various systems of greed afloat by stirring hate in others... keeps that delusional ignorance spinning or basically slinging fertilizer all over everything needlessly once a plant matures nature takes over a bird leaves the nest leaves drop in fall and the sun rises yet again...

Time is limited and time is precious in the moment one finds themself in moment to moment to moment... if one sees the preciousness in each arising moment? How could any so called riches match that value... it cant. Sitting at my grandmothers kitchen table having a cup of coffee and talking to her in her element in her world is one of the most valuable memories I have... anytime I have a cup of coffee and think of her? I can close my eyes and be in her kitchen at her table and that moment that energy is still there it has not been lost in time... but frozen in it, relativity says space and time only exists relative to the observer... in some ways that hasnt even happened yet, in some ways it has happened, and in some ways it may never have happened, but holding that moment? Is forever at any time one wants to see such a moment so precious.

Like you said looking into your daughters eyes... that moment grounds your core being of who you are and a sign post or marker that says no falling backwards... growth evolving understanding and wisdom. Many times we can be judged by the past, when that is sometimes people judging a phoenix by its ashes... what such people fail to realize that are stagnant that do not grow that do not evolve out of better and see to control is that they are still on fire... being consumed holding onto hate and ignorance and bias because they are bitter and unaccepting to the lot or responsibility they made, and resent life and stagnate life... and well in such misery they want company... when they really need therapy to whine it all out, get it off their chest and actually learn how to live, cope and move past the past they bury themselves on a daily basis making the world a very $hitty over fertilized place.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
THE TRUE INFINITE ONE does exist. GOD is first before anything and everything in this temporary place. Free will allows everyone to choose. Organized religions teach strange earth human traditions, customs and doctrines written by church leaders that create confusion and lead its followers astray. New religions are appearing accepting those who may not have direction or are seeking a new one.

Your post also mentions a dream that was accurate. Ive been accurate with dreams about co-workers at my place of employment. I also have dreams of possible events and dreams of preparation.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
free will is true

our subconscious mind has been conditioned since birth

free will is when you over ride what your programmed mind is telling you

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyingfish
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

This makes zero sense. Even if you make up your own god you still need to make that choice and reject all others.

I think it makes plenty of sense. (You don't have to choose a "God" to believe in a God. is the initial quote being replied to by you) I believe that there are higher powers out there. I am not a person that is fond of organized religion. I don't think that I need to be in a particular place at a particular time wearing particular clothing in order to show you believe or to "Communicate" with the higher power that you believe in.

Is there a God like the Christians say? Perhaps. How about Allah (Muslams)? Not really sure. The Hindus believe there are multiple Gods and Goddesses. Where Christians believe in the Holy Trinity (God, His Son and the Holy Ghost), Jehovah's Witnesses believe in God, but that it is not a Holy Trinity..they believe He is one being named Jehovah. There are so very many different religions out there that believe in some sort of Higher Power. There are even still groups/people that believe in the Gods like Zeus and Aphrodite and such.

I have always believed that if it takes a person to believe in a higher power to stay on the right path and stay lawful and positive in their lives, more power to them. Like I said before, I believe there is a higher power out there, but I am not sure which one (or ones....who says it can only be one?! lol) I believe in. Who knows, maybe the higher power is myself, but I have not been enlightened to that point yet

As for the statement first made about not choosing a God to believe in a God...I myself might have worded it a little differently. You don't have to choose a God to believe there IS a God. And, perhaps people can believe in more than one God...or power... or whatever you want to call it.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ThinWithin79

You should be aware in doing so, that is creating it in ones own image... which is simply ego. Undefined and quite a few people doing that... is honestly chaos, may not seem like that to you personally. But theres a reason for that

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

In doing what? I hate to sound stupid, but I am not quite sure just what part of my post you are referring to, lol.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThinWithin79

In doing what? I hate to sound stupid, but I am not quite sure just what part of my post you are referring to, lol.

The topic of discussion of course... and I am not the judging sort my apologies if the inquiry of asking made you feel that way... but if you choose chaos of ego as a god? No worries as that one also is seen to exist in the conceptual history of humanity, although its definition has obviously changed over the years in the name of the concept called order, which also has a deification attached to that concept... I just thought it important to point to what you were describing conceptually as an already well predefined concept if you wanted to study it further.

Belief in concepts gets pretty humorous after awhile I assure you... when they tie one down and trip one up not so umorous but te obvious lesson is dont stagnate, stay objective and keep going growing and learning... until enough is enough and people decide to stop floating with a boat on ones head, and decide to put it to use as it was designed without any ignorance of its purpose or intent to begin with... basically to teach others so life can be one of more ease to avoid unnessecary complications not constantly carry around as baggage or a weapon or shield of defense.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

originally posted by: ThinWithin79

The topic of discussion of course... and I am not the judging sort my apologies if the inquiry of asking made you feel that way... but if you choose chaos of ego as a god? No worries as that one also is seen to exist in the conceptual history of humanity, although its definition has obviously changed over the years in the name of the concept called order, which also has a deification attached to that concept... I just thought it important to point to what you were describing conceptually as an already well predefined concept if you wanted to study it further.

All good lol. I did not think you were judging or insulting, I just was not quite sure what to reply about.

I, myself, do not really know what I believe. Or, perhaps, I should say I am not sure what I should believe in. As I stated before, I have no real problem with what ANYONE believes in so long as it results in positivity and lawfulness. If you do not go around killing or causing harm to others or yourself because of your beliefs, and then do not shove your beliefs down my throat, I am good. It is up to each person to choose for themselves what they truly believe.

I am at a stage in my life that I am questioning the "higher power" as to who or what I believe it may be...or if it even exists. I am also working on trying to learn how to use meditation in my life to help with stress and anxiety, and am hoping that will help me come to a better understanding of myself and my true beliefs lol.

As for believing that the ego is God...I was just using that as another example of possible beliefs. I have to agree with the humor that can be found in the belief in concepts, and that was part of what made me write that. It can so hard to relay when you are being a bit sarcastic in the cyber world, but I will work on that..lol.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ThinWithin79

you can try ethics and humanity... even though, humanity is real their belief can make you lose faith in them at times.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I Usually Just Try Music...
My Favorite Songs (From Greatest To Least):
1) Voice Of God... Best Song Ever. However, It's Much More Beatiful When Countrymen Sing It.
2) Call To Arms...
3) Battle Cry..
4) Good Bye My Love... (Say It! As Often As You Can! Because You Never Know....)
5) Dog Howls... Man's Best Friend.

note: My Own Song, Which Is Not On List, Is Nice Too: "The Song Of Fire And Wind!"...
edit on 10-5-2016 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2016 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join