It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama city: Use bathrooms matching biological sex or face 6 months in jail.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Good question.
Better keep your birth certificate on you.
edit on 5/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I suppose "they" could just make it mandatory on your drivers license (or national ID card) which potty you are assigned to.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It appears that 2017 is shaping up to be the year when everyone in the country will need to keep a birth certificate on their person. Not just Oxford, Alabama. President Trump will be deporting everyone who can't produce a USA Birth Certificate, or Naturalization papers.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Nope. Birth certificate.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Nope. Birth certificate.

Can I shrink it and laminate it?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Probably not.
I would think that a stamped original would only be satisfactory.
Cuz photoshop.

edit on 5/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Probably not.
I would think that a stamped original would only be satisfactory.
Cuz photoshop.

Well Damn! I got the full page 8x10 color with the squiggly framing around it.

Gonna get kinda messed up carry it around in my pocket.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Nope. Birth certificate.

Well, I'm screwed and I better stay out of the south because I'm from one of those states that won't change a birth certificate for any reason and I ain't likely to take my vajayjay into the men's room over a piece of paper unless it's toilet paper and the woman's room is out (or I'm at a Melissa Etheridge or Indigo Girls concert).

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

Nope. Birth certificate.

Well, I'm screwed and I better stay out of the south because I'm from one of those states that won't change a birth certificate for any reason and I ain't likely to take my vajayjay into the men's room over a piece of paper unless it's toilet paper and the woman's room is out (or I'm at a Melissa Etheridge or Indigo Girls concert).

Well that sucks.

I am forever thankful my dad got stationed in Oakland CA, and my mom refused to go back to Ohio.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Well that sucks.

I am forever thankful my dad got stationed in Oakland CA, and my mom refused to go back to Ohio.

Well, you know, I've never needed one my entire adult life for anything. Well now I guess I do, as proof of my criminality.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

originally posted by: Annee
Well that sucks.

Well, you know, I've never needed one my entire adult life for anything. Well now I guess I do, as proof of my criminality.

You little rebel, you.

When are they going to pass the gold stars and pink triangles out to all the transfolk? Let's just cut to the chase so trans people can start applying for refugee status in one of them civilized countries.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
We live in such a dumb time in America--things that need attention and that actually matter to the vast majority are either ignored or legislated in the wrong way, and things that are really just insignificant issues get all of the attention.

Just make all bathrooms individual- or family-use with a lock on the door, and it won't matter which sex uses them. It's not like there's a hard solution to any of this, although it will be costly to remodel existing bathrooms.

Of course, I do subscribe to the idea that if all of your junk is on the inside, you use the ladies' room--if you have external danglies, use the men's room. But you know what? If a female needs to use the men's restroom and I'm in there, I don't really care, but that's just a personal thing, and I know that some--if not many--DO care about that.

What I care about, though, is my daughter being in a restroom where a man wants to go in and sneak a peak, fantasize about something with her, or worse. I realize that this is a miniscule probability, but when some people advocate for laws that make this type of thing easier for a pedophile to accomplish, it does bother me. Of course, I have no problem walking in with her to make her and me feel better about the situation, since it would be legal, so really, I guess, it's no big deal either way (as long as I'm with her).

But here's the reality according to statistics--it seems that pedophiles are estimated to be around 4% of the population. That's one out of every 25 people walking around us. Transgendered people are 0.3%-0.5% of the population. That equates to one out of every 3,000-5,000 people.

So, you tell me, who benefits the most from these laws or policies that open up male and female restrooms to all sexes? And then tell me if those of you who are pro-neutral-gendered bathrooms really think that the concern over such policies is really only based on bigotry.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

But then we need a new law to stop men from molesting/attacking/fantasizing about little boys in the men's room, right? Because allowing these type of men into the men's room makes it easier for them to do these things, right?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

But here's the reality according to statistics--it seems that pedophiles are estimated to be around 4% of the population. That's one out of every 25 people walking around us. Transgendered people are 0.3%-0.5% of the population. That equates to one out of every 3,000-5,000 people.

4% of the population perhaps, but of that percentage how many are child molesters, or would try to take advantage to see something in a public bathroom? And it's not the little girls you need to be worried about, all the female stalls are private. If someone's going to try and do something as brazen as looking under or over the door then I doubt the presence or absence of this law would affect them. I think I will use the gun argument again. "Criminals are going to be criminals anyway, don't punish law-abiding citizens."

Part of it is based on bigotry or ignorance to be certain, part of it is based on decently logical but ultimately unfounded fear and apprehension. (Like a lot of American political things. Based on fear.)

Make no mistake though, this really is just a distraction issue.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

People also always seem to assume that female pedophiles don't exist. What about ladies in the ladies room? Where is the protection from them?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

No not because the majority of men are pedophiles . Simply because some are.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Now I would have a problem. My baby is 20. My oldest is 41. (I became a mother at a very young age...like 9 lol) The middle son is 34 today. Now they protect me.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I testified on another thread, I'll throw it out here too:

I have been using the women's restroom for the past 37 years. In addition, I was a police officer in a major city for 7 years- this is important because I was the one answering 911 calls.

In all that time and all that experience there has been NO issue whatsoever with a transsexual using a restroom. I can't say I've ever even seen one in the restroom, which means that if they were, they were so discreet about it I never even knew.

The ONLY complaint I've ever even heard of was ONE police report I made regarding a (presumably) hetero male- dressed as a male- peeping through the cracks of the stalls of the women's restroom in a place of business.

Assaulting someone is already illegal, whether it occurs in a bathroom or not.

This is the biggest non-issue I've ever heard of. So ridiculous that anyone- much less politicians- would spend so much time, money and effort to combat. Even sexual abuse survivor advocates don't support it:
Sexual Abuse Survivors Want Conservative Politicians To Knock It Off With ‘Bathroom Predator’ Myth

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

a reply to: Teikiatsu
Or even 1960?

And in 2016

But that BIGOTRY is perfectly acceptable.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I read a horrible story a while back about a pedophile who attacked a 9 year old girl in a restroom. I guess she resisted him and when a store employee entered the bathroom to see what was going on he was beating the crap out of her.

Stuff like this is already illegal. Making a law that says men can't go in the women's restroom won't do jack squat to stop psychos like this.

All these laws serve to do is make transsexual's lives even harder. They already face threats of violence, discrimination and ridicule. Transsexuals and gays can be fired or refused hiring in the first place based on nothing more than their sexual preference. If the shoe was on the other foot, and Christians and heteros faced the same obstacles there would be riots in the streets.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join