It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Run on a Ticket With Donald Trump? No, Thanks, Many Republicans Say

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

And all of those are the good old boys group of entrenched career, and self entitled politicians. No surprise here. I hope Trump wins now more than ever just to see these walking garbage dispensers lose very badly with the same displays of poor sportsmanship they always display in public.

Unlike how Obama does very corrupt things and then congress members and senators do nothing, and say nothing to condemn his corruption, Trump will be calling them out in droves, (Obama's cronies in congress), and have them charged with the crimes they commit. Like Treason just for starters. This in both parties has been happening in spades with nothing mentioned in the media.

Trump can just pull offending media company's FCC licenses for national security threats for not reporting on the criminal acts of congress, senate, or the presidency in Obama's case.

That is one reason these scum-suckers are running scared of Trump.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

So you advocate a country where the President can silence the media for not reporting what they want?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

So you advocate a country where the President can silence the media for not reporting what they want?

LOL yeah right.

If you got that from what I said, you really need serious help.

You should read this thread, it fits you like a glove: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-5-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Jeb!? haha

oh how we forgot him so quickly.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
What happens if no one accepts the nomination (which would, in this case, be more of a draft)?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
What happens if no one accepts the nomination (which would, in this case, be more of a draft)?

We know that Jesse Ventura has at least expressed interest. Which would be Comacho cubed.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I'm pretty sure I saw Jesse Ventura make some harsh comments about the Donald on an interview a few weeks ago. Though I think Jesse has gone a bit too far down the rabbit hole to be of any use to humanity.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
LOL yeah right.

You should read this thread, it fits you like a glove: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I got it from this, you specifically mention wanting Trump to pull the broadcasting rights of various media if they don't report negative news about Congress. If you can do it for one reason, you can do it for another.

Trump can just pull offending media company's FCC licenses for national security threats for not reporting on the criminal acts of congress, senate, or the presidency in Obama's case.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
LOL yeah right.

I got it from this, you specifically mention wanting Trump to pull the broadcasting rights of various media if they don't report negative news about Congress. If you can do it for one reason, you can do it for another.

So what you are saying is to allow the media to continue NOT reporting when congress commits illegal acts because if a president has the power to make them report wrongdoing they might also abuse that power and make them report anything they want?

Well guess what? Obama is already doing the last part and is abusing his office to force the media to report everything he wants them to. They do that daily and have been since he took office.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I saw today that former boxer (among other things), Mike Tyson might be Trump's running mate? I must have read the FoxNews closed captioning incorrectly.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I know Tyson endorsed trump and apparently trump was happy about that. Even trump I hope would be smart enough not to pick a rapist cannibal as his running mate.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Carson's an idiot who thinks the pyramids were grain silos.

Christie is a crook through and through, brought on only to secure NJ.

Bush is well....a Bush....

Rubio is a bought and paid for yes man, so he may have a shot.

Ventura, here's a guy who left the country...not going to buy him any favors (if he's even eligible anymore, may be a residency clause)

Cruz and Kasich are simply out of it for hanging in this long.

My advice to Trump would be Condoleeza Rice. Sure, it's pandering, but pretty much negates the racist and chauvinist comments in one fell swoop. (and she's a capable insider, which is what he's looking for in a VP)

The others (Carson, Christie) may get cabinet positions.
edit on 3-5-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Carson's an idiot who thinks the pyramids were grain silos.

Christie is a crook through and through, brought on only to secure NJ.

Bush is well....a Bush....

Rubio is a bought and paid for yes man, so he may have a shot.

Ventura, here's a guy who left the country...not going to buy him any favors (if he's even eligible anymore, may be a residency clause)

Cruz and Kasich are simply out of it for hanging in this long.

My advice to Trump would be Condoleeza Rice. Sure, it's pandering, but pretty much negates the racist and chauvinist comments in one fell swoop. (and she's a capable insider, which is what he's looking for in a VP)

The others (Carson, Christie) may get cabinet positions.

Rice is not likely as the way Trump has attack Bush he was also basically attacking her. That would be pretty hypocritical of Trump and they would agree on nothing foreign policy wise. And she has said publicly the Trump is wrong on several things and seemed to not to kindly to attacks on Bush. Some in the GOP have wanted her to run as a third party but, she does not seem interested. And in the case of a brokered convention you could see her name pop up as nobody wants Trump or Cruz. And Rice/Ryan or Ryan/Rice ticket would give Clinton a real run for her money. Clinton has to be praying Trump takes it or even Cruz because anybody else could likely beat her or at least make it very close.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

A free press requires that the government not be able to dictate what is and isn't reported. No we don't have a completely free press right now, but that's not an excuse to make the current situation worse either.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

And Rice/Ryan or Ryan/Rice ticket would give Clinton a real run for her money. Clinton has to be praying Trump takes it or even Cruz because anybody else could likely beat her or at least make it very close

Normally, I think you're always right on the money in politics, but not in this case.

I can't think of a single Trump voter I know who'd vote for a GOP candidate if the party snubbed him after getting the most votes, even in a brokered convention. We'd rather see him run independent, or write his name in, than vote for an establishment picked alternate. Hell, given the GOP's actions, I'd rather vote for Hillary than one of their alternate picks, and that's REALLY saying something....

This is just how fed up we are with it. A party targeting their own front-runner when THEY are the ones who accepted him in the race in the first place!

And there's zero chance of any other GOP candidate beating Hillary, no matter what the polls say, because the people that would factor into a Trump vote simply aren't the type to respond to polls (we simply have too much else to do to mess with them). Even Trump has a slight chance. If you look at the trends, he constantly gets within single digits, and one even had him edging her out, a few days back. I suspect we'd see this trend continue to wax and wane.

Rice is not likely as the way Trump has attack Bush he was also basically attacking her.

Politics makes strange bedfellows. After all Clinton was in Obama's cabinet and they went at each other too. Plenty of other precedents for it.

edit on 3-5-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Interesting idea, but unlikely....but interesting.

Though I can't see anyone turning down the opportunity to redirect millions of donor dollars into phony baloney trust funds.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

And Rice/Ryan or Ryan/Rice ticket would give Clinton a real run for her money. Clinton has to be praying Trump takes it or even Cruz because anybody else could likely beat her or at least make it very close

Normally, I think you're always right on the money in politics, but not in this case.

I can't think of a single Trump voter I know who'd vote for a GOP candidate if the party snubbed him after getting the most votes, even in a brokered convention. We'd rather see him run independent, or write his name in, than vote for an establishment picked alternate. Hell, given the GOP's actions, I'd rather vote for Hillary than one of their alternate picks, and that's REALLY saying something....

This is just how fed up we are with it. A party targeting their own front-runner when THEY are the ones who accepted him in the race in the first place!

And there's zero chance of any other GOP candidate beating Hillary, no matter what the polls say, because the people that would factor into a Trump vote simply aren't the type to respond to polls (we simply have too much else to do to mess with them). Even Trump has a slight chance. If you look at the trends, he constantly gets within single digits, and one even had him edging her out, a few days back. I suspect we'd see this trend continue to wax and wane.

Rice is not likely as the way Trump has attack Bush he was also basically attacking her.

Politics makes strange bedfellows. After all Clinton was in Obama's cabinet and they went at each other too. Plenty of other precedents for it.

Well it is either Trumps supporters stay home or the other half of the GOP stays home. Either way half the GOP is staying home or defecting. So taking moderates in the indies and DNC is the only chance. Trump and Cruz have no chance at those. Pretty much anybody in the GOP who is not crazy and was not in the primaries does. The GOP has pretty much canceled itself out this election so it is all about winning over Dems and indies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join