It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Run on a Ticket With Donald Trump? No, Thanks, Many Republicans Say

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MEDIKATED
a reply to: schuyler Man that is a creepy avatar, I keep seeing it in my peripheral and I think its a girl with black hair from Little House on the Prairie until I actually look at it.

Sorry
You're not the first to say so. I could return to my puppy dog.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

OR, if he does stay, I suspect he will pick BERNIE SANDERS as his running mate. A Trump/Sanders ticket would attract the fringes from Republicans AND Democrats.

Sanders would make me less likely to vote for Trump. Having Sanders a heartbeat away from the White House is too risky in my opinion. Not to mention I am not sold on Trump yet.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

I think that either Trump will pull out as soon as he shows he can win, throwing the convention into complete chaos.

OR, if he does stay, I suspect he will pick BERNIE SANDERS as his running mate. A Trump/Sanders ticket would attract the fringes from Republicans AND Democrats.

Both these ideas betray a complete lack of understanding, if they're not just simply delusional. There is NO WAY Trump would do EITHER of these things. Not on this planet. Not in this dimension.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Carson needs to have his prescription pad taken away from him before he can be VP of anything.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

That guy showed a lot of restraint. If that person had spit on my face I dint care if they are male or female I would have put them to the ground so fast their head would spin.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
As much as Trump has lauded Chris Christie when he gave him his endorsement, there are rumors that Trump can't tolerate fat people around him so that likely wouldn't be an option either.

Okay, but that's overt prejudice, that's a real measure of a person. It might be alright to not like someone's appearance, but being intolerant of it is akin to rascist, while obviously not the same thing.
by being intolerant, Trump is seriously flawed....who knows? God could be a little porky at the moment.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MEDIKATED

This is pure ignorance.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
That's what they all say at first until Trump speaks with them, its The Art of the Deal and Trump haters should read it and they would understand why he is saying and doing what he is doing. Oh man is he going to obliterate that woman.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Donald Trump: Oprah would be a "great" vice president

After his splashy announcement Tuesday that he's running for the Republican presidential nomination, billionaire businessman Donald Trump made another bold declaration: Oprah Winfrey would be a "great" running mate.

"I think Oprah would be great. I'd love to have Oprah," Trump told ABC's George Stephanopoulos. "I think we'd win easily, actually."
www.cbsnews.com...

I would have created a new thread based on the above but Winfrey said she wasn't interested in the position. The story above does point out something critical:

Trump could do anything here.

I found the following concerning Carson on PredicIt:

Will Ben Carson win the 2016 Republican vice presidential nomination?

Carson only has a 6% chance of getting the Republican vice presidential nomination according to that market.

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Ben Carson? Seriously? The guy has about as much energy as a three toed sloth and he can't keep his eyes open. And he has no balls at all. Trump called him some pretty horrible things and now he is trumps little lapdog.

Not too mention Carson is a first class nut case. He made the encyclopedia of American loons lol.

Look at the body language in the following clip. It looks to me like Trump really likes Carson. I tend to judge people's body language over what they say. I believe that's usually far more accurate.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 30-4-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Trump saying Oprah would be a great running mate sounds pretty crazy. A couple billionaires running the country. Both tv celebrities. Are Americans really that starstruck.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I just presumed he was going to pick a family member or run a reality show to choose a running mate.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
Spot on except Kasich is not delusional (well at least the why he is still in the race , otherwise I agree) . Kasich is only there to assist Crudz.Drawing off votes from the other candidates from the start. He knew he had "no chance" (like that song)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander
Amazing the sheer amount of tripe and rhetoric the progressive liberals will post trying to push Hitlary into the White House , huh ? Or have sore rears from the Bern being berned.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I think Chris Christie's tongue is hanging to the floor hoping he becomes Trump's VP.
Politicians have no scruple's.
edit on 30-4-2016 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I think Chris Christie's tongue is hanging to the floor hoping he becomes Trump's VP.
Politicians have no scruple's.

If they did Christie would just eat them.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
For a person to accept they would have to be on their last political leg. Outside of a miracle this election is going to be a loss of epic proportions and everybody involved will become political punching bags after. Christie would be perfect as his political career is dead so he would accept.

As for Carson he has been accused of hurting Trump more than helping him. Since his endorsement has said he does not agree with Trump, that Trump should not say the things he says, that his supporters keep telling him they do not like Trump and that he wished things had turned out differently and he could have endorsed somebody else. This does not sound like a guy would take a VP job from Trump nor would be offered it.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
For a fleeting moment this morning I imagined a Donald Trump / Mike Rowe ticket.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I wonder if Donald Trump has asked anyone to be his VP, but they declined? Would that leak out?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Trump saying Oprah would be a great running mate sounds pretty crazy. A couple billionaires running the country. Both tv celebrities. Are Americans really that starstruck.

This is not so far-fetched when you consider that Americans spend almost 5 hours (1/3 of the time they're not asleep!) watching Television. Americans feel more kinship with celebrities than they do with their own family, in many instances. Politicians are WAY out of the kinship circle.

<< 1    3 >>

join