It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Run on a Ticket With Donald Trump? No, Thanks, Many Republicans Say

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

It’s a time-honored tradition for politicians to deny any interest in the vice presidency. But this year, with the possibility of Donald J. Trump as the Republican nominee, they really mean it.

“Never,” said Chris Schrimpf, a spokesman for Gov. John Kasich of Ohio, who is still running against Mr. Trump. “No chance.”

“Hahahahahahahahaha,” wrote Sally Bradshaw, a senior adviser to Jeb Bush, when asked if he would consider it.
www.nytimes.com...

Alternate link: Run on a Ticket With Donald Trump? No, Thanks, Many Republicans Say

A Trump/Carson ticket is what I'm hoping for. Carson actually wants to be Trump's VP:

Ben Carson Thinks He Has a Shot of Being Donald Trump's Running Mate

Carson would help Trump with the minority vote. I think Carson is the most "presidential" candidate I've seen on the Republican side so that could really help Trump with his image problem.

Anyone remember Ventura talking about being Trump's VP?

Jesse Ventura 'put his name in the hat to be Trump’s VP'

Was Ventura joking about that or what? In the article linked to in the thread above, he made it sound like he supported Trump.

Considering the following, it doesn't sound like he does:

Jesse Ventura Hints He'll Jump Into Presidential Race

Either way, a Trump/Ventura ticket looks like a pipe dream.
edit on 30-4-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Why even get a Republican? Why not just select someone from outside the Party machine? People's outrage at the Party establishment is at an all-time-high. It'd be a good course of action to capitalise on the current distrust even more.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Why even get a Republican? Why not just select someone from outside the Party machine? People's outrage at the Party establishment is at an all-time-high. It'd be a good course of action to capitalise on the current distrust even more.

Carson is perfect in that regard:

On May 4, 2015, Carson launched his official bid for the Republican presidential nomination at an event in Detroit. “I’m not a politician,” Carson said. “I don’t want to be a politician because politicians do what is politically expedient. I want to do what’s right.” With a crowded field of contenders, Carson was one of the ten top candidates who participated in a Fox News presidential debate in early August.
Ben Carson Biography
Author, Surgeon, Philanthropist

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

“Never,” said Chris Schrimpf, a spokesman for Gov. John Kasich of Ohio, who is still running against Mr. Trump. “No chance.”

“Hahahahahahahahaha,” wrote Sally Bradshaw, a senior adviser to Jeb Bush, when asked if he would consider it.

Why would Trump ever consider either one of these jokers. One is delusional and still thinks he'll get the nomination, and the other is Bush III. The person laughing here should be Trump.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Party rules. Unless two parties struck an agreement to run on a ticket together, their pick will come from their people. This is actually a good thing, because imagine what would happen if a Republican presidential nominee managed to select a Democrat as their VP? A Democrat who had already won the Democrat nomination... it would be a very easy loophole to create a 1 party system.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Ben Carson? Seriously? The guy has about as much energy as a three toed sloth and he can't keep his eyes open. And he has no balls at all. Trump called him some pretty horrible things and now he is trumps little lapdog.

Not too mention Carson is a first class nut case. He made the encyclopedia of American loons lol.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Yes I would definitely want to see Jesse Ventura as a VP for Trump! That man wont take # from anyone, not even the CIA!

If that falls through, I will take Alex Jones. Yup, no I am 100% serious. Or maybe have either as Secretary of Defense. Maybe Alex as Defense sec. and Ventura for Secretary of State. I want to know though, who could be a good female candidate for the VP on Trumps ticket?? Palin supports him, but I really don't see her as being the most competent. Think Fiornia will switch sides when Cruz finally accepts defeat??

link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Ben Carson? Seriously? The guy has about as much energy as a three toed sloth and he can't keep his eyes open. And he has no balls at all. Trump called him some pretty horrible things and now he is trumps little lapdog.

Not too mention Carson is a first class nut case. He made the encyclopedia of American loons lol.

Trump has actually been pretty nice to Carson and called out Cruz for spreading the false rumor that Carson had quit. I don't remember any "horrible things" Trump said about Carson, though I may have just missed it. He has some strange beliefs, but there's no doubt he's a smart guy and I'd guess he's right up their on the list. If not Carson, Herman Cain. Southern. Black. Businessman. Conservative. Articulate.

link   
Lol @ Carson helping trump to win the minority vote. Trump appeals to racists and extremists. You can't come back from that.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler Yeah, delusional and annoying. I would think vp needs to be a politician because Trump isn't one. I like Herman Caine and I don't like Rubio but imo Rubio would be good for his votes. Man that is a creept avatar, I keep seeing it in my peripheral and I think its a girl with black hair from Little House on the Prairie until I actually look at it.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

i agree, 100%.

how the man became a neurosurgeon is beyond me. NO WAY would i let him operate on my brain. bless his heart, he seems like a nice guy..

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander racism appeals to people who talk about racism

edit on 30-4-2016 by MEDIKATED because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander
Lol @ Carson helping trump to win the minority vote. Trump appeals to racists and extremists. You can't come back from that.

You severely need an education, rather than hanging around in misinformation echo chambers.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

Anyone remember Ventura talking about being Trump's VP?

Was Ventura joking about that or what? In the article linked to in the thread above, he made it sound like he supported Trump.

I doubt he supports Trump, but he might still go for SIC, it would save him having to build his own bunker....etc.
edit on 30-4-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Actually, Trump has said numerous kind thing about Carson, other than he isn't Presidential material. Carson as well has defended Trump. Carson's real forte would be fixing/replacing the ACA. It would keep him busy as the V.P..

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I think it is great most of the RINOs and Establishment Republicans want nothing to do with Trump. Dr. Carson would definitely make a great V.P. Carson was the man I wanted from the beginning of this entire 2016 election cycle. I would be more inclined to vote for Trump if this happened.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

It happened very early on in the campaign actually. Before things got out of hand.

Will the GOP Base Tolerate Donald Trump's Attack on Ben Carson?
The billionaire suggested that his Republican opponent is a liar, and likened his temper to a "pathological disease" as incurable as that of a child molester.

Carson Kay be smart but is not articulate. Yes a pretty terrible speaker. As I said he has no energy. And he looks like he's stoned or about to pass out all the time.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander
Trump appeals to racists and extremists. You can't come back from that.

The people spouting this crap are blinded by their own hate.

Can you give examples of his "racism" beyond saying he wants a wall?
Or are you like these brainwashed sheeple?

I will wait for your examples of his racism.......

As far as Carson, personally I wouldn't mind. I only see the rino's saying they wouldn't be a VP.

edit on 4 30 2016 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

I'll give him that he seems like a really nice guy. Although I've heard you have to be a bit psychotic to be a neurosurgeon as well lol.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Most people who see Donald Trump on the campaign trail know that Donald Trump will never listen to any of the people around him.

Being Trump's VP or in his cabinet will be a hapless position at best, and frustrating at worst. Ben Carson as VP? The guy appears to be just waking up from being asleep half the time in interviews. He's extremely low energy, and Trump dislikes that in candidates and people around him. Trump even called Carson "an extremely low energy guy" which is Trump code for "useless".

As much as Trump has lauded Chris Christie when he gave him his endorsement, there are rumors that Trump can't tolerate fat people around him so that likely wouldn't be an option either.

I think that either Trump will pull out as soon as he shows he can win, throwing the convention into complete chaos.

OR, if he does stay, I suspect he will pick BERNIE SANDERS as his running mate. A Trump/Sanders ticket would attract the fringes from Republicans AND Democrats.

However, that being said, Trump will likely have to settle for whomever he can get, and may have trouble filling essential positions like Cabinet level positions and a National Security Team.
edit on 30-4-2016 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join