It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Tale of IT [pic2016]

page: 1

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:36 PM

The itsy-bitsy baby spider through to himself, as he looked into the mirror surface.

"Where is the thrill? Where is the horror? Why can't I be like my ma and pa?"

. . .

It was his third day out in this world after he hatched with countless of his brothers and sisters, His mother was one of the Titan SPiders that roamed these parts - as big as a human hand. The father never really showed up after the eggs were laid but... spiders are not really well-known for their parenting instincts.

Weeks went by, months, years....

Our little spider grew day after day. Some were friendly with him. Others... they were scared. He grew so much more bigger than his siblings.

But no matter how big he grew, he never stopped looking at himself whenever he had some free time on his legs, into anything with a reflection.

"Pathetic... Is this supposed to be scary? I look like a normal spider. No horror, no thrill, no nothing!"

The forest was silent. The spider was silent. From one of his 8 eyes a small tear rolled down his cheek.

The truth was that this particular spider was in a mid-life crisis ever since he was born - lets not forget that the life of spiders is really short.

He wanted all to fear him, to be so scary that nightmares to have nightmares about him, humans to dy by looking at him .... But all had was his size.

The more he looked at himself the more anxious he was with his current situation.

Finally, he looked away. Through his mind passed a thought - One of his siblings told him some time ago about an abandoned building to the far east part of the humongous forest they all lived in.

Abandoned? .... Abandoned meant old... Old meant scary... Maybe he could find something to use there? Who knows...

After days of walking he finally reached his destination - A huge abandoned mansion, covered in green.

The door was slightly open...

He entered inside...

The marble Angel welcomed him with silence. The beauty inside was unmeasurable. The spider let a small gasp escape his mouth.

The place was old, yet untouched by time. Everything was right in place, where the owners left it unmoved for decades.

As the spider looked around through every room, pathway and cranny, the ambient noises surrounded him, making him lose his perception of time. He felt relaxed for the first time in his life.

For the first time new thoughts passed through his spidey head:

"Maybe I don't need to be scary" "Maybe I am just perfect by being myself" "I should just enjoy life to its fullest and forget those shenanigans"

The spider closed his eyes and ... Hit himself really, really hard on the head.

"What am I? Stupid?" - he said to himself angrily and continued searching.

Then the miracle happened.

In one of the back rooms he found heads... Baby heads... Many, many, creepy old broken baby heads.

Our spider was amazed. They looked scary. Not just scary, but so scary they give him chills. Fate finally smiled on him.

A spider and a baby head you ask? You think this is familiar? Ever heard of IT? The thing that creeps in the night and makes even the most brave run in fear? The harbinger of Fear itself?

Well you should probably look behind you ... maybe... just maybe you can see it ........

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:40 PM
The spider in the last picture may or may not be real.

P.S. - For the weak hearted - Definetly not real.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:57 PM
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone

Nice job!

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:23 PM
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone I really like this story and find the spider wanting to be scary... actually lovable!😃

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:20 PM
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone

Very nice idea!

The spider was cute.

I love spiders!

Good luck!

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:39 PM
I have always stopped to check out a spider web even as a kid. My favorite web story is the effect of drugs on a spider and what the web looks like under specific drug influence. The web never got finished under cannabis, it started out ok, the coc aine web was nuts and the lsd web was beyond anything similar to a web.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:29 PM
Very clever! Great job! I'm terrified of spiders, but I actually liked this one. LOL

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:37 PM
Enjoyed your take on it! Spider baby head....shudder... Isn't that in Toy Story??

- AB

new topics