It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News terrorism pundit pleads guilty to faking CIA ties

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Looks like the famous FoxNews cable TV station is in an embarrassing position.

One of their on&off guests (terrorism analyst) named Wayne Simmons apparently has been pulling the wool over Fox since 2002 when he first started appearing on shows.

He claimed he was a "former" CIA agent and the government must have taken a closer look at his credentials and found he is all BS.

So BS in fact that he was indicted (last year) and has now pled guilty to fraud !!!

But maybe this "indictment" is actually a ploy to make people automatically *"believe"* the guy is a fraud. Perhaps it's a cover because maybe he really is a CIA agent?

Just can't trust anybody can we.

Fox News terrorism pundit pleads guilty to faking CIA ties. He pleaded guilty on Friday to U.S. charges that he fraudulently claimed to have been a CIA agent for decades

A Fox News guest terrorism analyst pleaded guilty on Friday to U.S. charges that he fraudulently claimed to have been a CIA agent for decades, federal prosecutors said.

Wayne Simmons, 62, of Annapolis, Maryland, entered the plea in U.S. district court in Alexandria, Virginia, a Washington suburb, the U.S. Attorney's Office said in a statement.

The plea came in a hearing in which Simmons changed the not-guilty plea he had made in October.

DaaaHaHaHa

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
They use any spoon they can to keep stirring the pot...

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Won't be the last time Fox News will be caught endorsing & peddling absolute s*ite.

They do it everyday.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Wow, got to work for the military in Afghanistan as well, and other stuff. It's not just Fox that should be embarrassed.
Talk about false flags!

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

He's probably a fraud and it's no wonder Fox News had him on for over a decade. Fox News either does a terrible job of vetting facts or knew he was a fraud all along and both scenarios wouldn't surprise me.

Fox News #1 in viewership and dumbing down their audience.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Only yesterday I was reading the many journalists who have admitted to allowing their articles to be vetted by CIA agents. Admitting to providing false info.

And the mass just forget and carry on in their bubbles.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

That's nothing, the EPA had a fraud (frauds presumably) on their books collecting taxpayer money for a while.

Congress: EPA's fake CIA agent is tip of 'fraudulent iceberg'

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think I understand the rub.
The news networks and the intelligence community
work very hard to put their vetted people on television
to feed us what they want. The alphabets aren't going to stand
for someone who is not vetted and in order of concern
NOT under their control first,
and oh yeah he's not a real agent a distant second.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

He's probably a fraud and it's no wonder Fox News had him on for over a decade. Fox News either does a terrible job of vetting facts or knew he was a fraud all along and both scenarios wouldn't surprise me.

Fox News #1 in viewership and dumbing down their audience.

Fox is #1 on cable.

Lets not forget the major broadcast stations that have much higher viewership than any cable station.

ABC, CBS, NBC (and maybe even PBS) all are way above Fox Cable.

Not that it matters much, but I think the majority of the propaganda is coming from the established main broadcast stations.

That includes the regular news as well as the propaganda TV primetime entertainment shows.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

That's nothing, the EPA had a fraud (frauds presumably) on their books collecting taxpayer money for a while.

Congress: EPA's fake CIA agent is tip of 'fraudulent iceberg'

I remember that episode.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Can I get this job???

An EPA employee with a work-from-home job did no work for five years — and still earned a total of $600,000 and performance bonuses. She retired after an inspector general investigation.

Source

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Yeah, all the major outlets are bought and paid for by the same few wealthy groups. And too boot, the CIA has been firmly embedded with the media for decades now. Whenever reading an article or watching a broadcast always remember it's brought to you by the CIA and elitists.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

This guy was keeping company with the heads of our government. He made up a completely fake background, then actively participated in perpetuating a fake echo chamber furthering an authoritarian state. He needs to be in prison for life, alongside several of his associates who clearly lacked the proper judgment to hold their positions considering they were associating with him.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Viewership numbers don't matter, credibility does. To many people, Fox News is credible. Even if they aren't getting watched directly they are being sourced by others on the basis that what Fox says is true. Lies don't need a high initial number of people to listen because people repeat the lies.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Viewership matters 100%

The content of the most viewed gets instilled in the most people.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Yeah, all the major outlets are bought and paid for by the same few wealthy groups. And too boot, the CIA has been firmly embedded with the media for decades now. Whenever reading an article or watching a broadcast always remember it's brought to you by the CIA and elitists.

What makes you think independent groups that have far less journalistic oversight are telling you the truth? It's far easier to set up some shills who cater to specific demographics when you don't have the pressure of mass market credibility to maintain.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

... assuming he really isn't an agent.

The CIA often places operatives in conspicuous places and then lets people believe otherwise by pretending to show the agent is a fraud.

All part of the general psy-ops.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Viewership matters 100%

The content of the most viewed gets instilled in the most people.

Information expands in a pyramid shape, even from a small initial viewership, others will repeat the information and treat it as factual. What I'm trying to say is that you can't go by the viewership of just the primary information source, you also have to consider everyone who follows media that writes stories based on that primary source. For example Rush sources Drudge often who in turn sources Fox, but many of his radio listeners don't watch Fox or even follow Drudge when Fox is the originator of the information.

originally posted by: xuenchen
... assuming he really isn't an agent.

The CIA often places operatives in conspicuous places and then lets people believe otherwise by pretending to show the agent is a fraud.

All part of the general psy-ops.

How do you know I'm not a CIA agent placed here to mislead you? How do I know you're not a Russian agent trying to make me doubt my government?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

How do you know I'm not a CIA agent placed here to mislead you? How do I know you're not a Russian agent trying to make me doubt my government?

I don't.

You don't.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

"But maybe this "indictment" is actually a ploy to make people automatically *"believe"* the guy is a fraud. Perhaps it's a cover because maybe he really is a CIA agent?"

Bingo.

They will abandon you if your cover is blown. They'll even let you be prosecuted.

That is part of the deal.
edit on 30-4-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join