It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Mexican/American War?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Is Trump's Wall, going to start a war or what? Just showing up in LA has already caused a riot. I cant wait to see what happens when the construction workers pull to the border and start building that fence.

www.latimes.com...

I grew up in Southern California and most of the Latino's I knew dreamed about taking back "their homeland". They believe that California and Texas belong to them and they are just waiting for the right moment to make it happen. They call it Aztlan. That is what I thought of when I saw those Mexican Flags waving on American Soil. These interesting vids will explain the Nation of Aztlan: www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com...

I never gave the Nation of Aztlan much thought until I saw the riots in Orange County. Most Mexicans I know are really peaceful people. Who just want to live their lives. But, there is a younger hostile generation that has been listening to the Homeland BS all their lives and they are angry.

Im just wondering if anyone else sees the potential time bomb over this border fence? It would be all bad if gangs unite to protect their drug running, smuggling, sex trafficing, human trafficing etc. If they tap into the anger that the general Mexican population has for the whity we could be facing a real uprising in the Southern States. We would have to call out the military to protect the workers just to build that fence.

After watching those riots, I think we need that fence more than ever.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Mexico, as a nation, held what is now Texas for all of 15 years before Texas gained it's independence.

The anglo settlers were happily invited in by the Mexican government and given land grants in hope that they would serve as a buffer zone from the Apache and Comanche. Very few Mexican settlements survived in the area prior to the establishment of U.S. and European settlements.

edit on 30-4-2016 by quercusrex because: spelling

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Their claim to California is at least backed by having communities there but the states of Arizona and New Mexico were simply called Spanish because some Conquistadors wandered through them and perhaps started mission or 2 among the non-hostile tribes. As quercusrex (king oak) mentioned most of that area was uninhabitable due to Apache and Commanche hostility towards anyone settling those areas. They kept out the Europeans for nearly 300 years, quite the feat but continual warfare drained them and finally weakened enough to be overcome.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
No there will be no new war between mexico and the usa, and even if trump wins, he wont build a wall.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

My 3 x great grandfather was an original "Old Three Hundred" colonist who received land grants because he served as an Alcade. If you like history, Isaac Jackson was my 3 X grandfather. My last name is Wimberley as in Wimberley Texas named after my 2 x great grands.

www.genealogy.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Considering it is nearly impossible for Trump to win and if he did if he was dumb enough to build a wall people would just go over, under and around it or as more than half of the illegals do just come and stay after their visa expires. Other than making the Trump and the US look like idiots a wall would have no impact on illegals and would cause no war.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I applaud your family and it's history in Texas; but, knowing that, I am surprised you would give any credence to the Aztlan movement as being a real entity. It is virtually nonexistent.

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Considering it is nearly impossible for Trump to win and if he did if he was dumb enough to build a wall people would just go over, under and around it or as more than half of the illegals do just come and stay after their visa expires. Other than making the Trump and the US look like idiots a wall would have no impact on illegals and would cause no war.

Lord, I'm going to enjoy re-posting these quotes after Trump smokes Hillary.....

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Personally, we should just add Mexico to the Union as #51 and the Wall should be built on the much smaller and easier to handle Southern border. The majority of the invading horde originates from outside of Mexico, infiltrating through the Southern border. That ought to make Puerto Rico jealous and demand statehood next. Bam, in a few short years, we can add about 40 million taxpayers, and the construction industry will be booming bringing all that outdated infrastructure and buildings up to code.

The slowly, we shall move into these states and start assimilating their culture into out own, and making it ours. I think we can pull a South Africa on Mexico, but without the apartheid and violence. nest way to give Mexicans a path to America, is to add Mexico to the union.

The profit potential would be amazing!

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
Is Trump's Wall, going to start a war or what? Just showing up in LA has already caused a riot.

FYI...The people doing the rioting are responsible for the riot.
edit on 30-4-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I would also add that most of the illegals coming through now are Central American, not Mexican.

The solution to stem the flow of illegal immigrants on our southern border is to help Mexico keep the Hondurans, Guatemalans, and Salvadorians from getting through their border.

But, these days the Mexican cartels make a good chunk of their money from the "immigration" business.

edit on 30-4-2016 by quercusrex because: punctuation

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

I grew up in S. Cali and there was more talk of Aztlan among the regular people than you would think. I have a Mexican Step Dad so Ive had more exposure to the Mexican Culture than most White Americans. I grew up in Mexican neighborhoods. And your right until the last few years, there has been no effort to create a movement to make it happen. But, these times are a changing. And it only takes the right spark to ignite a riot. These angry people only need a cause to unite them.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

This thread is about Trump supporters being beaten by people waving the Mexican flag so this may be related:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4/30/2016 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I do not know the current South Cali situation. Perhaps I spoke too hastily.
But I think it's possible they're borrowing a title to justify promoting unrest for the sake of unrest.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Meh, I was in L.A. during the last riot. As soon as CHP showed up with shotguns, they magically disappeared

You could walk any street in L.A. for about 6 weeks and be unbothered by anyone....

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
Personally, we should just add Mexico to the Union as #51 and the Wall should be built on the much smaller and easier to handle Southern border. The majority of the invading horde originates from outside of Mexico, infiltrating through the Southern border. That ought to make Puerto Rico jealous and demand statehood next. Bam, in a few short years, we can add about 40 million taxpayers, and the construction industry will be booming bringing all that outdated infrastructure and buildings up to code.

The slowly, we shall move into these states and start assimilating their culture into out own, and making it ours. I think we can pull a South Africa on Mexico, but without the apartheid and violence. nest way to give Mexicans a path to America, is to add Mexico to the union.

The profit potential would be amazing!

Wasn't there a proposed North American Union? If so, then I think an American Union would achieve the goals of your proposal.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I was always in favor of a North American union when it was discussed here more between 04 and 08. But really, what I am in favor of adding more states to our Union, under our constitution, and our legal jurisdiction, paying to our tax base. NAU would end up being more like the failure of the European Union.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Mexico is lucky they got their country back after the last war.

Santa Anna was destroyed and we were kind enough to let Mexico have most of their territory back.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Not quite destroyed, per se.
He did end up moving to New York City to try to raise funds for a new Mexican revolution by selling chicle.

ATS

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Your right about it being the younger generations.

I've lived in southern California for several years and the older Mexicans are more traditional and quiet but the younger ones have a real entitlement mindset and they really do think what you've said.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join