It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the 2016 Election is important : America's flag burns on US soil.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The great and ironic thing about SJW's is that they are so spineless, so wussified, and so whiney that we dont ever have t worry about them actually doing anything serious, because they wont do anything that will make them uncomfortable.

They dont actually want to ACCOMPLISH anything, they just want to whine

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth I'm surprised a member from the West Midlands in the uk gives a crap about a flag, but hey ho, we're all passionate about something

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: UKTruth I'm surprised a member from the West Midlands in the uk gives a crap about a flag, but hey ho, we're all passionate about something

No need to be. If you knew anything about me, then you would't be.
Stick to the issue, not me.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

If you knew anything about me, then you would't have to wonder whether I would call him an animal, or be scared to do so. You have no idea what I do for Vets, in defense of their rights, or to get them what they deserve from the cowards who send them off to fight for a flag, and then treat them like a used up rag when they come home. Stick to the issue, not me

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

If you knew anything about me, then you would't have to wonder whether I would call him an animal, or be scared to do so. You have no idea what I do for Vets, in defense of their rights, or to get them what they deserve from the cowards who send them off to fight for a flag, and then treat them like a used up rag when they come home. Stick to the issue, not me

You already did call him an animal - I was quoting you:

The only thing I know for sure is that upright dogs and talking apes on both sides of every stupid issue imaginable are easily triggered by words and symbols. Just like every other domesticated animal on the planet. It might be funny if it weren't so sad.

...Therefore talking about your point. Thanks. Nice try though

edit on 1/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I called both parties animals. I'd do it to their faces, too, because 1) we are and 2) I don't give a F.

Every stupid issue.

Go fish.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

I called both parties animals. I'd do it to their faces, too, because 1) we are and 2) I don't give a F.

Every stupid issue.

Go fish.

I'd like to see that. Personally I don't think the vet in the video is a domesticated animal just because he has issues with people burning the flag. I don't really understand why you think he is, but, whatever.

I'll post that Vet's view here again as I think it sums things up so well.

edit on 1/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
All looks good to me, although never had this problem

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

We are ALL animals because -- like Pavlov's dogs -- we are so easily triggered by nonsense that doesn't matter.

Divide and conquer.

Georgia college students need a "safe space" because Donald Trump is running for president.

You need a safe space (to act tough) because some hipster with a neck-beard tried to burn a piece of fabric.

Ted Cruz needs a safe space because trans-gendered people need to pee too.

I was triggered by your hyperbolic response to a video on Youtube.

We are ALL triggered by something.

Maybe we should all just grow the hell up?

As my father would say (22 year Vet, fought in Vietnam) "I joined up to fight for what I believed in, and because I wanted to get the hell out of the house. I don't care if someone burns a flag. It doesn't change the way I feel about mine. I fought so that they could burn whatever they wanted in protest -- panties, bras, flags, whatever. I may not agree with ANYTHING you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Do we have an understanding now?

Either way, I'm taking my own advice, and getting un-triggered. I've had my say, time to move on to something more interesting.

Have a good one.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Such morons. Living comfortably on college campuses and pissing on the country that gave it to them.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: crazyewok

Like I said, they are using our freedoms to, in effect, remove our freedoms.

Pretty much.

They are trying to goad a response so we remove our own freedoms.

You seem transfixed on response as being the problem, and deluded that ignoring is the best way of solving things.

So......basically do nothing and maybe things will stop getting more stupid.

Things do not work that way, it is going to take a whole new ball game to rid stupid from this place.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: crazyewok

You have to get serious about immigration which is what this lot was protesting.

They are basically throwing a tantrum because the candidate in question was telling them they weren't welcome to live here illegally anymore.

Exactly they have been promised for decades that they can take over the place, and now that they are so close and someone wants to stop em dead in their tracks they are panicking.

It is interesting that they actually believe Trump will have way more power than any of the presidents who has come before.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
So burning a cross is racist but burning a flag gets you YouTube success? Fork me in the eye. Woman screaming the flag represents slavery and oppression. No. Slavery represents slavery and oppression represents oppression.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anton35
Such morons. Living comfortably on college campuses and pissing on the country that gave it to them.

www.businessinsider.com...

Michael Bloomberg called out colleges for making a ‘terrible mistake’ during his University of Michigan commencement speech — and some students booed him

“The fact that some university boards and administrations now bow to pressure and shield students from these ideas through ‘safe spaces,’ ‘code words,’ and ‘trigger warnings’ is, in my view, a terrible mistake,” he said, to some applause. But when he waded into the territory of microaggresions, students did not react positively. “The whole purpose of college is to learn how to deal with difficult situations — not run away from them. A microaggression is exactly that: micro,” he said amid a chorus of boos.

Really.

I don't know what to say.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Yea, but for that, I show you this.

youtu.be...

No WAY Sasha Cohen would get away with this speech in this political climate.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Stupid children.

Don't give them an audience and they won't burn flags (that they have to pay for). Only looking for shock value. Treat em like toddlers and ignore their childhood antics. Eventually they won't have time to burn flags after they start working or start their families. It will be an aha moment...of regret for the childish things they did when they were to stupid to know better.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Anton35

www.businessinsider.com...

Michael Bloomberg called out colleges for making a ‘terrible mistake’ during his University of Michigan commencement speech — and some students booed him

“The fact that some university boards and administrations now bow to pressure and shield students from these ideas through ‘safe spaces,’ ‘code words,’ and ‘trigger warnings’ is, in my view, a terrible mistake,” he said, to some applause. But when he waded into the territory of microaggresions, students did not react positively. “The whole purpose of college is to learn how to deal with difficult situations — not run away from them. A microaggression is exactly that: micro,” he said amid a chorus of boos.

Really.

I don't know what to say.

Those that booed should be thrown out of college. They could go and get jobs on farms or in McDonalds or something.
edit on 3/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join