It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the 2016 Election is important : America's flag burns on US soil.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

They don't have the freedoms there that we do, which is the irony, isn't it.

They hate the US while using the freedoms the US has, to voice that hatred. In their countries, they don't have that freedom, and that's what they want to bring to the US.

So in essence, they are using our freedoms to eventually take them away.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: UKTruth

I wonder how 'free speech" they would be if I burned the Mexican flag?

Sure, it's a protected right, but I can almost guarantee that I'd have my ass handed to me.

...especially if you did it in Mexico. Or, better still try burning the Saudi flag in Riyadh.

Apples to oranges as they do not have a the same laws or consititition protecting freedom of speech.

Dumb comparison.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You completely ignore the point of my post....and you know it.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I think that was the point he was trying to make.

Here, they have that freedom to hate the country that provides that freedom because they left a country that didn't offer them that freedom.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: misterhistory
a reply to: onequestion

War against your own citizens? Isn't that civil war or other more horrible things

They obviously have little to no allegiance to the United States and have more loyalty to whatever other country they are from.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Only if you let them.

They want a reaction.

They want you to ban there way of protesting. They want you to react in violence so the goverment brings in MORE laws.
Then they will turn those laws on you.

If you just ignore them then they are powerless.
edit on 30-4-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I think that was the point he was trying to make.

Here, they have that freedom to hate the country that provides that freedom because they left a country that didn't offer them that freedom.

Indeed.
It always amazes me when some people base their values on laws - that change by the way, as they have in America on this very issue.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

It's always easy to ignore peaceful protest. It's the hypocrisy that they exhibit in their protest.

They use the rule of law to protest the fact that others want to use the rule of law to deport people who have broken the rule of law.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

P.S. Yes, in a way your correct. IF we are now living in a politically correct environment. Then I prefer my political correctness over this new version. Oh well....

Underlying this 'issue' is that somehow the idea that immigrating to the U.S. is somehow a 'right', when in fact, it is a privilege.

We set the standards to who is qualified to enter this nation and apparently those standards have dropped.

I suspect those standards will be restored to some degree by the next administration....

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Which comes down to why it best to ignore them.

If you bring in new laws to tackle such protesters what will happen is those same protesters will the turn that new law against you.

In effect they will use the rule of law against you.

It what has happened here in the UK.
We brought in hate speech laws to stop the extremist Muslims voicing their views…..
So they then take that law and turn it on to the rest of us to supress the rest of us.
Now you have people getting arrested and going to court over off colour jokes.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Like I said, they are using our freedoms to, in effect, remove our freedoms.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Like I said, they are using our freedoms to, in effect, remove our freedoms.

Pretty much.

They are trying to goad a response so we remove our own freedoms.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

So we can be like "Mexico" where it is illegal to burn the flag and where they have even harsher laws against illegals.

It doesn't make any sense.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Plus I want to point out the jokes on them burning the flag.

They are spending their own money to buy flags from American shops therefore contributing to the US economy that gives the US its strength and prosperity in the first place

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Please.

The flags were probably made in China.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

But here's the thing:

They don't want to live like Americans, embrace American culture and cultural ideals about liberty, so they pull this crap.

You are right about lawfare, of course, but the problem is deeper. If they don't embrace cultural ideals and values, but effectively want to continue living with their own culture and ideals in side a country with a vastly differnent cultures and ideals, then they are effectively doing two things:

1.) They are colonizing your own country with pockets of their own culture and ideals inside your own.

2.) They are more or less, over time adapting your own country to become theirs through force one way or the other.

If the country they had left was wonderful, they they likely would have stayed. Why leave a great place? The culture and values of their country is intrinsic to its condition. So if it's a craphole, then their own way of life (sorry to say) is part of what made it that way. When you let them come into your own home and start imposing their own cultural ideas and values on it, you are letting them transform your own culture to be more like theirs and over time, your own culture becomes more like the craphole they left instead of staying the great place you had. If too many get away with this, you risk your own culture being overwhelmed.

Now many central American countries have some great points, but there is no way I think their cultures deserve to be dominant to my own. There isn't a one that seems to have produced a place that has done better than my own.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Didn’t say I agree with what they say or do.

I don’t.

But what would you do?

Create new laws like the UK did? That’s what they WANT you to do. Cause they will turn those laws back on you.

You cant protect freedom by taking freedom away.

If they are not US citizens then yeah deport them.
If they are US citizens then I don’t see what you can do except ignore them?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: ketsuko

Didn’t say I agree with what they say or do.

I don’t.

But what would you do?

Create new laws like the UK did? That’s what they WANT you to do. Cause they will turn those laws back on you.

You cant protect freedom by taking freedom away.

If they are not US citizens then yeah deport them.
If they are US citizens then I don’t see what you can do except ignore them?

The UK laws relating to hate speech are sensible. I certainly think a Muslim cleric telling people they must kill others is rightly illegal, for example.
The problems come when the classification of hate speech encompasses too many things. The McAlpine case was a classic example of over reach, but ultimately the Crown saw sense.

In the US the first amendment also comes with it's limitations. For example, you cant call for violence at a protest or you will be arrested.

The underlying point here is when is free speech taken too far.
edit on 30/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

You have to get serious about immigration which is what this lot was protesting.

They are basically throwing a tantrum because the candidate in question was telling them they weren't welcome to live here illegally anymore.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
They don't want to live like Americans, embrace American culture and cultural ideals about liberty, so they pull this crap.

You would be hard pressed to find even 20% of actual non radical Americans who want to live that way.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join