It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the 2016 Election is important : America's flag burns on US soil.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I saw the video below and could not believe my eyes.

I usually see this on the news in the streets of Iran during major conflicts but I was absolutely astounded watching this video on American soil.
It's not just the fact that was so shocking but it was the clear belief in this group of people that what they were doing was right.

I wonder will America die, or will it reject this direction.

Should these people be immediately deported or jailed or is this acceptable under free speech? It feels like there are many pushing the limits of the first amendment.
edit on 30/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It is acceptable under free speech.

However, the question would be, why would one want to come to a country they hate?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Pretty disgusting considering all the benefits of living in the U.S.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 30-4-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

However, the question would be, why would one want to come to a country they hate?

The scary thing is these people are probably American citizens and have no clue about the things they get to enjoy as human beings from living in the US. I wonder why they are not burning the flag of Saudi Arabia?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

The scary thing is these people are probably American citizens and have no clue about the things they get to enjoy as human beings from living in the US. I wonder why they are not burning the flag of Saudi Arabia?

If they are American citizens then no they shouldn't be deported.

They have the right to burn whatever rag on a stick they desire.

Thats the thing about free speech, you got to except that people will do and say things we dont like.

Dont let the the USA right to speak be bastardised like the UK has by lefty PC thugs or right wing patriots.
edit on 30-4-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

If they are American citizens then no they shouldn't be deported.

They have the right to burn whatever rag on a stick they desire.

Thats the thing about free speech, you got to except that people will do and say things we dont like.

Dont let the the USA right to speak be bastardised like the UK has by lefty PC thugs or right wing patriots.

It's likely most of them were US citizens. I won't defend the UK, it's a cesspool - one which is being emulated in the US it seems. Good luck with that.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Here is how I see it. Does it kind of irk me a bit? Yea. However, ignoring it or laughing at those who do it, is how to end the behavior. If we go at it as "Let's push to make it illegal to do so." it will not only feed those who do it for a negative reaction, but also be comparable to the PC police who are offended by certain words? Hell, I'll bet my life those flags were made in China?

It's like children who act out for attention. If you react to them in the manner they are seeking, they win?

I will say this though, I stop ignoring when the actions of those behaving poorly infringe on my rights!
edit on 30-4-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Lol towards the end where that white chick says the RNC is racist. Lol wake up, the DNC is racist too. One doesn't hide it the other try's to say they're not but have their policies actually helped any minority's?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
When applying for citizenship, the first test given should be handing the individual a lighter and a flag to see what happens.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Here's the problem with the tolerant response. Does anyone actually believe that this is the limit of their efforts? That they don't or won't partake in acts that go beyond mere symbolism?

Yes, the Feds probably record and follow-as much as they can- these individuals. Yet many of the same crowd that indulge these acts also decry the invasion of privacy that follows as 'they have done nothing wrong or illegal'.

There comes a point of paralysis by analysis where we don't respond until people die in attacks.

There was a time when local citizens wouldn't put up with these types of activities and ad hoc 'posses' would take care of business on their own.

Constitutional? No. Legal? Probably not. Effective in nipping it in the bud? You decide that for yourself.

What is obvious is doing nothing, be it by the citizenry or our Federal gov't, is encouraging further acts that will be far more damaging down the road.

It is now so convoluted that commenting on it in any form draws racist labels.

Something has to change or it will get much worse.

edit on 30-4-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
>Institutionalised Racism
>Black President

?????

Someone want to connect the dots for me or are these people just stupid? I think it's the latter.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

This makes you no better than the PC crowd.

You want to censor freedom of speech to suit your own views.

Freedom of speech means people will do things that offend you and dont always conform to your world views.

Get over it.

The line should only be drawn at threats of violence.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I wonder how 'free speech" they would be if I burned the Mexican flag?

Sure, it's a protected right, but I can almost guarantee that I'd have my ass handed to me.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is acceptable under free speech as was already pointed out. I will say this is very disgusting to see from immigrants or even anybody whose parents immigrated here. That being said, my family has been here for many generations and I was forced to stand up in school every morning and recite memorized words to said Flag. Like I was in a cult or something.

I can see the humor in it. That humor mostly being the over reaction of people so offended.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Not saying I support flag burning, but how exactly does this make the election important?

(post by mkultra11 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
They need to have their asses kicked. I consider burning our flag an act of war?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I wouldn't touch them. Just leave them to their miserable existence. Just look a them. Pathetic.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

War against your own citizens? Isn't that civil war or other more horrible things

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I wonder how 'free speech" they would be if I burned the Mexican flag?

Sure, it's a protected right, but I can almost guarantee that I'd have my ass handed to me.

...especially if you did it in Mexico. Or, better still try burning the Saudi flag in Riyadh.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join