It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eraserhead is a very spiritual horror movie.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Eraserhead is a disturbing arthouse movie from 1977. The director, David Lynch, had often called Eraserhead, "a dream of dark and troubling things." That is the keyword, dream. The main character, Henry Spencer, is in a dreamworld that is very grim and dark. That is the Gnostic view of physical life. David Lynch has been a big supporter of Trancendental Meditation since 1973 and he said that Eraserhead was his most spiritual movie. There are spiritual themes throughout the movie and that is how it should be interpreted. This quote from his foundation website gives an idea to how spiritual he is, "I started Transcendental Meditation in 1973 and have not missed a single meditation ever since. Twice a day, every day. It has given me effortless access to unlimited reserves of energy, creativity and happiness deep within. This level of life is sometimes called “pure consciousness”—it is a treasury. And this level of life is deep within us all." It's interesting to note that Henry says that he is a printer who is on vacation, who vacations in such a grim world? The answer is the soul in the physical world.

www.deoproximo.com...#!eraserhead-/c1hwq

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MayorOfCydonia

Huh?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

You get a woman pregnant (with a very special needs child) and hastily marry, awkwardly meet her weird parents, and then move in together. You quickly realize you do not work with each other and she leaves you with the child. Taking care of this child consumes your life and you can't do anything else, and all you see when you look at it is a miserable monster, something utterly alien. Eventually you snap and kill it and yourself, because in heaven, everything is fine.

You're welcome.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: boozo

I have seen the movie. Several times. It is an important movie. I am still not sure why it is spiritual. though.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I love David Lynch, and Eraserhead is a favorite of mine. . .

always thought it was about abortion, or something?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I too am a big David Lynch fan and his movies are special.

I though ERASERHEAD was about Fatherhood and fears that come before becoming one.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: boozo

I have seen the movie. Several times. It is an important movie. I am still not sure why it is spiritual. though.

A spiritual quest of Lynch's. It took him 5 years to make. Seems that physical birth was his focus (as being unnatural); a dog whelps 10 puppies alone in a hallway, the birth of a dinosaur baby, the critic of all this a tiny pasty faced lady living in the radiator. Great movie......
edit on 30-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
David Lynch is a sick pup.
Talented, but sick.

Blue Velvet, anyone? And he sure screwed up with Dune.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
one of a group of films that have stayed with me forever after the first (of many) viewings.
a multi-layered masterpiece, one of my favourite movies.

S&F

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

God I love Blue Velvet. . . .

How about Inland Empire . . . wtf was that?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MayorOfCydonia

In heaven, everything is fine....

One of my favourite melodies. Such a lovely and haunting piece

new topics

top topics

join