It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dedicated "Members Blog" Forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Hey! I did a search and couldn't find something being posted on a similar subject but if I am wrong, please delete or whatever you want with this post.

Okay. So as far as I am aware, self-publicising of any blogs, YT channels or any other outlet is completely banned on ATS, and rightly so!!! However, I also imagine that there are a lot of really good writers on here, some with exemplary talent for writing a blog or a column of sort. Of course, if we want to chat, we could go to the general chat forum. If we want to write creatively, we can go to the writing forums. However, what about a dedicated blog forum, where members design and create a blog that is updated periodically (daily, weekly etc.)?

For example...

If I was to have a blog. I would call it "The Idiot Diaries". I would try to post daily and each "Thread" would have my blog title in it and the subject of the respective post. My content would not have to be related to conspiracies but on whatever I like that does not break the T&C's of ATS. No advertising from outside content apart from referencing anything I would be talking about and of course, not affecting the business stature of ATS. What I mean by that is, not linking to another blog website where I have posted. My theme would be continuous E.G each post could be about my personal life, or on music and film etc.

All writing would be done on ATS and it any blogs created would only have the lovely audience that is us, the ATS community. I know personally, I would love to have an audience that I can relate with to a degree and I know well, to a degree. I also have a ton of things I would love to talk about. ATS is a great platform and I just think with a dedicated forum for anybody interested in blogging out there, it could really help people.

Is this something viable?

Thanks

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

The thing is though, that if you wrote a blog then I (and maybe some others, who knows? ) would want to talk to you, or tell you where you're going wrong, or moan about your ridiculous opinion or... whatever.

Maybe not in your case, but you know what I mean.

Why not just start a thread, where everyone can be involved too? You can still update it - it could be really good fun.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Well that is what the replies are for right?

I don't want to see the comments or replies section go! They are just as important.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Oh, I see. I'm not imagining this right then, please disregard the comment above.

Either way, if you've things to say - say them.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, you can write anything you like on your Profile Wall.....it's kinda like a little blogspace already available.

When the profile feature was first added way back when, it was a huge to do....everyone sharing comments and pictures and so forth....but then a whole new crew of recruits showed up and it kinda fell by the wayside as far as I know, so no one really "pimps their wall" out anymore. It's a little known but fun feature already available. Text, videos and pics can be inserted just like on the Main Forum space.

Maybe the pre-existing Profile Wall could be an option/solution?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I definitely fall under that new recruits category. In fact I never even use that feature on ATS to be honest. Maybe when I first joined!

That would work, if we could maybe notify it on the threads?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

I'm sure since it's an ATS feature a link in your signature would suffice.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: brace22
Okay. So as far as I am aware, self-publicising of any blogs, YT channels or any other outlet is completely banned on ATS, and rightly so!!!
I think it's correct to say you can only link to your blog with express permission from the ATS management, who will deny permission to new members who have not contributed substantially to ATS with their threads or posts, but may grant permission to active members if the blog meets certain criteria.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Like you said, we are always happy to help those who help ATS promote their personal stuff.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Thank you all for helping with this! Seems much simpler to do as suggested

Really appreciate it.

top topics

join