It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Queen vs The President: "Boom"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
It's no secret that I'm not a fan of the Monarchy but I do respect the Queen , as part of the build up for this years Invictus Games in Orlando Harry and his Gran respond to the challenge laid down by the Obama's.

I know it's a stage managed video but it's nice to see a lighter side of our Queen and kinda what I'd expect from Harry.

Boom.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'm no fan of the monarchy either but you have to hand it to Harry. He's with it. Nice man.

Kind regards

Bally

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Did anyone else find the whole boom thing hilariously insensitive considering the games are for war casualties?
many of whom are most likely in the games due to a boom

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I've become more of a fan of our monarchy over the years. I have many problems with the ideology of hereditary monarchy, but our queen has been pretty amazing over her reign. I'm certainly not going to start cleaning for the queen, but she will be missed when the nit wit Charles takes over. Always liked wills and Harry, as they are similar ages to me and my brother with similar age gap and I'm the younger cooler one like Harry and I've always had sympathy for them when their mother died and they weren't given time to grieve and had to remain performing royal protocol.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Agreed mate , the work he's doing supporting our injured servicemen along with his willingness to get stuck in is to be commended , his mother would be proud.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

No, not me anyways, I found the whole vid actually sensitive and important to the needs of injured veterans who now find themselves supported by the leaders of their respective countries. BOOM!!!

Kind regards

Bally
edit on 30-4-2016 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Yes, but again it brings up a point of whether comedy should be used in bad taste. The last thread that made this point was about the Reagan family not wanting a film about Ronnie's alzheimers and the varying responses to that.

I do think there is a place in tragedy for comedy because sometimes things are so dire we do respond by laughing because its the release valve we need for the extreme situation.

I loathe the present lot of royals because they aren't legitimate and I also think royalty living well above everyone else - which isn't tolerated in any other country needs to be got rid of - we are supporting, despite their private wealth, 4 generations of throne squatters.

However, the humour exhibited against the snarling whats her face Michelle with her insipid husband standing there like a spare piece of nonsense - matching our spare pieces of nonsense by the way (no offence intended to the American people) was funny. But that red hair is a definite give away, the only part of him is Diana and not royalty - which is why he has bundles of character and so much more go than inhibited poor Wills.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I'm totally going to fall for this cynical attempt at an archaic, crumbling and disgustingly perverse institution to appear relevant and friendly through comedy, even if the Queen made an obscene amount of money from those guys being blown up.

Awww, they're not so bad after all.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Did anyone else find the whole boom thing hilariously insensitive considering the games are for war casualties?

No , and I doubt they would either as it's used as slang not a reference to an explosion.

Used as an oral exclamation mark but in a purely conversational context.Its function is not as heightened as the aforementioned symbol so its impact is designed to simply reinforce ones point or statement
www.urbandictionary.com...

It is first used in the video by an American serviceman and repeated by Harry , a serviceman himself and champion for injured soldiers , if they don't find it insensitive then I guess it isn't.

edit on 30-4-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Boom Boom!!!

Like it

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Boom Boom!!!

Like it

Kind regards,

Bally

I don't get the Boom...I guess I missed something!

I didn't miss Shiloh's remarks about the red hair though........

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Reading your comment made me wish ATS had a dislike button

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Reading yours made me wish you'd pressed it a million times, but hey ho...you got to share your opinion instead of fading into anonymous obscurity. Have a star on me instead.

top topics

join