It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix UFO's referenced in Captain America: Civil War ***POTENTIAL SPOILERS INSIDE***

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
***POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT. READ WITH CAUTION***

Hey guys, just a quick one from me today. Before you go any further, please be aware that if you have NOT seen the new Cap film then there is a potential spoiler below. Although it is widely known that Spiderman is in this film, this scene is a really cool one that you might want to wait for!

Okay, so you want to read on?

Sure?

Fine.

Last night, after waiting so long, I finally got to see the new cap film. I won't say anything else apart from the fact that it is utterly brilliant and kicks the a** of every other Marvel film made up to this point. I am not one of these Pro Marvel, Anti DC types of guy, I love them all, but this is the best modern super-hero movie made. It will be bettered though, when the Russo's get their hands on Infinity War Parts I & II.

Anyways, to my point ,and something that made me laugh but not a lot of others laugh in the cinema last night. There is a scene (Here it comes...) between Tony Stark and Spiderman in Peter Parker's bedroom. Of course, Stark knows who Parker really is, and whilst showing Spidey some videos of himself doing his thing, Parker tries to deny he is the famed web crawler. It is at this point, the JOKE of this OP comes to light.

Parker claims his videos are all CGI. Stark knows better. The following is not word for word, as I simply cannot remember, but it goes VAGUELY something like this...

PARKER: Those are all CGI, done on my computer and put online.

STARK:(He mumbles something here)... Yeah, yeah, like all those UFO lights over Phoenix right.

Of course, there is absolutely nothing in what Stark is saying, it is simply a funny little un-popular culture joke
I am sure if you want to take it further you could, but I doubt it would be worthwhile! Just a joke, hence why it is in this forum!

Happy Saturday.

edit on 30-4-2016 by brace22 because: Title

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Hey the title

Philly UFO's referenced in Captain America

Did I miss something or should that be Phoenix?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yes. My bad. I wrote this the second I woke up haha Ill change it

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: brace22
a reply to: Gothmog

Yes. My bad. I wrote this the second I woke up haha Ill change it

Mind on Philly ? or Philly Cheese steak ? I vote for both . A Philly Cheese Steak in Philly (or 2 , or 3)

Back on topic. To me , the Phoenix UFOs are the most difficult to explain away. Recordings , witnesses . And I dont somehow get the "flare" cover up excuse.I have seen flares and chaf released from Air Force aircraft from pretty much up close and personal. They just dont behave that way.So an "easter egg" inside a movie? We may never know.

edit on 4/30/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I almost wish I hadn't read this thread. I could totally see myself laughing really loudly at that while the rest of the theatre is dead silent. It will still probably happen, even knowing the line already though.

top topics

join