It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heart to Heart Time With Your Spouse: 50 Things to Ask Each Other

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
October 21, 2013 by Guest Author

www.intoxicatedonlife.com...

A sample:

. . .
5. What [are] some of your favorite memories from your childhood?
6. What are some of the more difficult memories from your childhood?
. . .
8. What did your parents teach you that you appreciate now?
9. What did your parents say or do that you found difficult?
10. Who is someone that inspires you?
11. What do you like us doing together?
. . .

It looks like a wonderful list of questions, to me.

Some of them will likely be questions you've already asked each other. Many won't be.

OF COURSE, it will require truly listening WITH THE HEART when your partner replies! And, of course, it will require HONEST answers by the one answering!
Some of the questions get down in the nitty gritty of contributing to a quality relationship where the rubber meets the road. If a couple have resisted facing such issues, some questions might be a challenge. I encourage them to have courage and try those questions anyway. IF they get truly stuck, they can ask for a healthy couple they know to help them get unstuck. Or, they can seek professional counseling to facilitate getting unstuck.

A couple could print out the list and sit down individually and choose say 5-12 questions they'd most like to ask their partner. Then, they could rate those questions 1-3 with 1 = MOST IMPORTANT. THEN, they could come back together and begin the adventure.

I really believe that such questions could greatly deepen most relationships in very gratifying, fulfilling and joy enhancing ways.

new topics

join