It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Says He Can Win Without Republican Unity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

“Folks, I’m a conservative, but at this point, who cares? We got to straighten out the country,” he said at a subdued luncheon of party activists who seemed more curious about seeing a celebrity than enthusiastic about their potential presidential nominee.

During the same speech, though, he called for party unity to defeat Hillary Clinton, the likely Democratic standard-bearer.

“Ideally we’re going to be together,” he said. But then he said: “I think we’re going to win even if we’re not together. There are some people I honestly don’t want their endorsement.”
Mocking Critics, Donald Trump Says He Can Win Without Republican Unity

How ironic would it be if an emblematic example of "the 1%" ended up saving the United States from Hillary Clinton being president? Is this starting to feel like fate to anyone else?

"Folks, I’m a conservative, but at this point, who cares? We got to straighten out the country.”

As Trump alluded to, political ideology doesn't really matter anymore. I'm not a Trump fan per se. The way I look at it is the people need someone in the White House who will stand on their side for a change. If everything Trump tries to do is blocked; he won't hesitate to tell everyone that it's happening.

Just as how Trump has exposed the primary process as a charade; I believe that he can expose the entire federal government in a similar way. That is a first step towards the big changes America needs.
edit on 30-4-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

He understands math, so I doubt he believes that at all, even though he said it

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

He understands math, so I doubt he believes that at all, even though he said it

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Considering he had about 3 times more votes then the other 2 candidates in the last round of primaries... it doesn't sound too far fetched.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Reagan 2.0?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
Reagan 2.0?

no. wrong Era, wrong Person

its someone else more famous who did almost exactly what trump is doing. one is a billionaire the other one was a failed soldier

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
There is no way on earth this scumbag is winning. He makes Hilary look like a good option. That's some feat.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Lol - Hitler reference and 'scumbag' in 2 posts above. Hilarious. Some posters seem to have the same mindset as the vermin protesting in California yesterday. Low information people.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Low information people.

Trumps favourite voters

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   

He's 100% correct in saying "what difference does it make" what he is.

I got that all along and everyone was saying he was "not a conservative, omg"!

Does the US really need a partisan ideologue as potus, left or right or center?

That's like saying the color of your skin matters more than content of your character.

He is getting a lot of cross voters for proof.

edit on 4 30 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: UKTruth

Low information people.

Trumps favourite voters

It seems more like the anti-Trump movement to me... hardly ever any detail, just generalizations and extreme media fed associations. I have not heard an anti-Trumper who is not low information yet. Saw many of them yesterday and the day before in California too. The scenes looked like something out of idiocracy... grinning idiots cheering car donuts and mindlessly jumping on police cars and smashing windows, lol.

The typical anti-Trumpers...

Look at this idiot - he actually hurt himself. What a dufus....

edit on 30/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
At this point I'm kind of hoping that Trump does win.

I see it as a great opportunity to finally cancel my cable tv service and save a bajillion dollars on monthly cable bills for the next 4 years because I'll be able to sit back and laugh my ass off watching all of the free daily entertainment and comedy relief going on south of the 49th parallel.

And after Trump is done, I'll be rooting for Andrew Dice Clay as president next.

And after that, maybe Crusty the Clown.

Who knows ? Maybe one day Weird Al Yankovic will become president too ?!

I'll never have to pay for cable tv ever again.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I like your post usually cranial but we will have to disagree.

It was about as silly as the protesors.

Give me free stuff or I'll haveba temper tantrum.

Meanwhile their candidate can't win.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Oh come on.

You don't see the entertainment value of this election cycle ? It's been priceless to those of us on the outside looking in.

Now just imagine if the guy actually wins... your media will go full retard with the vitriol and venom spitting back and forth for the next 4 years.

Comedy gold !

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Well take your pick
You can have the wizard of Oz Trump
The wicked witch of the west hillary
Or Petes dragon Sanders
Or I forgot about Cruz The flying monkey

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Lol. The Hitler comparisons are out of desperation. They have no way of successfully arguing against Trump's ideas and policies, so have to resort to childish name calling that relies on the low intelligence and ignorance of the public. Very sad indeed.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Lol. The Hitler comparisons are out of desperation. They have no way of successfully arguing against Trump's ideas and policies, so have to resort to childish name calling that relies on the low intelligence and ignorance of the public. Very sad indeed.

Exactly right. It's a bunch of low information people throwing stones in the only way they know how.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: onequestion

Oh come on.

You don't see the entertainment value of this election cycle ? It's been priceless to those of us on the outside looking in.

Now just imagine if the guy actually wins... your media will go full retard with the vitriol and venom spitting back and forth for the next 4 years.

Comedy gold !

Its comedy gold briefly. But when the comedy stops the US needs to hang it's head in shame over this elections candidates and for trump making it so far.

This is more embarrassing to the US than Berlusconi was for Italy.

new topics

top topics

join