It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does a person keep searching for answers?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Others, are those that are reading. No particular one. Myself included in the group. You said to me on my first post that I needed to watch what I divulge as it will be used against me. Although you said that after trying to, for lack of a better term, pick apart what I wrote as silly and sad.

I have one nickname. It is the same one I use on all bulletin boards. I do not know which people you speak of that are trying to bring down the board and make fools of others.

You kinda sound like a paranoid ex boyfriend I had. He was as close to an abusive relationship that I ever had. He also would put down my family and the way I grew up. He was quite jealous of it. Had delusions my family looked down on him and didn't like him. In fact they were just delusions. I will not feel bad for having grown up the way I did. It wasn't perfect(as no family is) but it didn't suck

I also admit my view point comes from my own personal experiences. As does everyone elses. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong

For all I know you are a super nice caring person in real life. I can only judge you from the vantage of what you write.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by llpoolej
You said to me on my first post that I needed to watch what I divulge as it will be used against me. Although you said that after trying to, for lack of a better term, pick apart what I wrote as silly and sad.

I also admit my view point comes from my own personal experiences. As does everyone elses.

For all I know you are a super nice caring person in real life. I can only judge you from the vantage of what you write.

Nice monologue. But your viewpoint is highly based on my reactions to your attacks, which so far always turned back on you. That's the reason why you blame me for your hopeless situation. You have no reason for any excuse, I know that you only do your job, which doesn't concern anything related to the ATS.

Still, your final viewpoint over me, is that I am a mean person picking on innocent ATSers . But you just don't consider the fact, that I know you far better than you could imagine. You feel that deep inside, but you just cannot accept the truth. All those "messages" I send you between the lines mean nothing to you, because they are against your desires. And your desires have one single aim: to find your enemy. To find a tiny little evidence, that the person who is writing you these lines is a complete liar. Or a moneygrabber.

How far will you go?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Vertu, that post was really, well, almost "whacked". I do not find you my enemy. I am trying to understand why you do the things you do. Why you seem to find such fault with many.

I don't know what you have turned against me, as I have yet to see it. I am not looking to prove you wrong or myself right. Most of this last post I don't get. It sounds quite paranoid.

I don't have enemies, nor am I looking for any. Some people may choose not to keep my company and I choose not to keep some others company. I don't have enemies though. Certainly don't want to find any!

I am also not looking for liars and money grabbers(????) I don't think you are either. I certainly don't think you are lying, and where does a "money grabber" come into a message board? If you are sending me messages, do me a favor and be clear. I have never read between the lines well. I say what I think as clearly as I can. Sometimes what I say comes out in a different manner than it is interpreted. I always try and clarify if that happens

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I hope, you'll keep up with your opinion as time passes by... but why would I be clear to you, if you can't even understand what's going on around you in your home?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
I hope, you'll keep up with your opinion as time passes by... but why would I be clear to you, if you can't even understand what's going on around you in your home?

I'm just curious about 2 things, Vertu...

1. How do you know what goes on around us in our own homes? You seem to profess that you know us extremely well, when in reality you are only scratching the surface of what is merely one facet of our lives. I think that it is a bit forward to say that you know so much more than us when you don't even KNOW what our experiences have been that have come to lead us to our conclusions or questions.

2. If we are so paranoid and dellusional, what, exacly, are the "proper" things we should believe in? i.e., what do YOU believe in?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by toechopper
1. How do you know what goes on around us in our own homes?

"All of" you should just ask for that "proof", I am more used to that anyway...

I knew that you just couldn't resist asking this question, and the manner you try to cover your curiousity, is rather interesting. I could tell you the truth, but you simply haven't proved to be reasonable for that. Ine day I might tell you what's going on, but until then: have fun with those entities!

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

2. If we are so paranoid and dellusional, what, exacly, are the "proper" things we should believe in? i.e., what do YOU believe in?

You have already found the answer for all of these questions, you just don't want to believe it. It is far easier to believe that your hostile enemy is casting spells on you from the other part of the world... and of course, its bearer is your computer monitor...

Now please let me convince you, that you are not ill... !! After all, what do you expect me (the liar) to tell you?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

You have already found the answer for all of these questions, you just don't want to believe it. It is far easier to believe that your hostile enemy is casting spells on you from the other part of the world... and of course, its bearer is your computer monitor...

Now please let me convince you, that you are not ill... !! After all, what do you expect me (the liar) to tell you?

You have failed to answer either question. I think that you are afraid to give me a direct answer, so you hide behind a wall of riddles and subtleties that only you can understand.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

You have failed to answer either question. I think that you are afraid to give me a direct answer, so you hide behind a wall of riddles and subtleties that only you can understand.

Why am I supposed to give direct answers to a person who is turning my posts against me since a long time?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Why am I supposed to give direct answers to a person who is turning my posts against me since a long time?

I didn't do anything to you that you haven't been doing to me. All I said was that people search for answers, that that's what makes them unique, and you responded by trying to invalidate my belief system just because it isn't the same as yours. Not everybody's beliefs are the same, and I think that's a big part of what this website is about.

I'm also saying that I understand what you're trying to say, but I don't know why you are saying it because I have no idea where you are coming from. If I have offended you, I'm sorry, but there's no reason for you to pout.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I didn't do anything to you that you haven't been doing to me.

Are you sure about that? This issue has nothing to do with beliefs and it does not concern the activity of the ATS. The true reason why you are here, is to search for the truth. That's why you are here. And the manner you search the truth bugs me, and proves me that you are not very nice.

Another important issue is that you just keep explaining things away, and you just hope, that I get the bait. If something goes wrong, you simply swap nickname and IP address, so that you can nibble me without a face. Well, that is what you think. But you are actually wrong.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I didn't do anything to you that you haven't been doing to me.

Are you sure about that? This issue has nothing to do with beliefs and it does not concern the activity of the ATS. The true reason why you are here, is to search for the truth. That's why you are here. And the manner you search the truth bugs me, and proves me that you are not very nice.

Another important issue is that you just keep explaining things away, and you just hope, that I get the bait. If something goes wrong, you simply swap nickname and IP address, so that you can nibble me without a face. Well, that is what you think. But you are actually wrong.

Yes, I am sure. And if the manner in which I search for the truth bugs you, i.e., I don't agree with what you think and I am unwilling to take your crap, then that is your problem, not mine. And yes, if people are mean to me, I can be mean as well. VERY mean. Especially if that person happens to be someone who is pathetic enough to spend all his time putting others down to make himself feel better.

And for the record, I am not explaining things away, merely responding to your comments. I am not baiting you. And why would I go through the trouble of swapping nicknames? I happen to like mine. That, and sorry Vertu, but you flatter yourself by thinking that it is my mission in life to "nibble you without a face." I have better things to do with my time. As a matter of fact, I have better things to do than listen to your immature whining when you don't get your way. If you are going to resort to insults and petty namecalling when you realize that you finally have found the wrong person to pick on, then you are not worth even talking to. You can continue posting on this thread if you want, responding to this post and succumbing to the parania that I am out there waiting to "attack your posts" if it will make you feel better, since I know it's just killing you not to have the last word. But since this has been reduced to you singling one person out and attempting to slam them into the ground, I am not going to degrade myself any further by responding. This conversation is over.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I am wondering, why does a person keep searching for answers...
...Any thoughts?

Because we seek that which is greater than ourselves.

The journey is the real adventure.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   

And for the record, I am not explaining things away, merely responding to your comments.

How long did it take for you to compose this post? I am sure , you feel put down, but I always had very good reasons to do that to those, who keep nibbling me. It always depends on you what my reactions will be, no matter what nicknames you will use to stab me in the back. It is a wonder for some people to do dirty things on forums without a face, and some guys even steal usernames with lots of ATS points... just to look like genuine ATSers.

And remember: you are responsible for this situation, not me. You are on the run, not me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join