It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How you spell “The Berenstain Bears” could be proof of parallel universes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Yeh I remember when the UK was Great Britain, when Snickers bars used to be called Marathon and when Adolph Hitler was actually Adolf Hitler. People get confused, that's all/

So all this stuff is really about as useful as a broken pencil.

It's pointless.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

At least you hold true to your user name......

It's not necessarily about confusion. I remember "stein," my Wife does as do both of my adult children - and they used to watch the show.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Yeh I actually used to be called "Milageman" on here that's why I remembered Marathon bars.

Or were they always Snickers?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

no you are looking for any excuse to deny your faliability

a reply to: ignorant_ape what an ignorant statement. I pose a question, not a assertion, and you make a judgment based on me posing a question? What a hypocritical position to take as you have now made an presumption on me and furthermore a conclusion on this very topic, a topic to which you have no evidence to support one way or another thus denying your own fallibility (yes that's the correct spelling)
edit on 30-4-2016 by hiii_98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
Yeh I remember when the UK was Great Britain, when Snickers bars used to be called Marathon and when Adolph Hitler was actually Adolf Hitler.

Now he is know as Hillary.

Here, have a Snickers, you get cranky around fascist dictators.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 321equinox
I suspect that the problem here is that the people who remember it as Berenstein were kids in the 80s and 90s. I agree with Bedlam. You expected it to be Stein, because that was more common and expected, like Einstein. I was an adult at that time, and I remember Berenstain. Although I also remember most kids incorrectly called them Berenstein Bears. I corrected my own kids. I couldn't reach EVERY kid. Sorry.
I am not trashing the entire Mandela Effect. I remember New Zealand being above Australia, and Mirror Mirror on the wall as opposed to Magic Mirror. But I remember Berenstain.

wow I too always remember it being "mirror mirror on the wall" NOT "magic mirror on the wall" of course I can make mistakes, however it is healthy to have an open mind and to always question potential errors in "reality".

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: hiii_98

Crap. Me too. I used to say it all the time as a kid!! Magic mirror doesn't have the same ring.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard no it doesn't, not at all!

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It's ironic there was a thread just yeasterday on here about how country singer Reba Mcintyre is actually spelled Reba Mcentire. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also I've read your books anything new on the skinwalker front?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TanhauserGate
It's ironic there was a thread just yeasterday on here about how country singer Reba Mcintyre is actually spelled Reba Mcentire. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also I've read your books anything new on the skinwalker front?

there may be a tv series picked up by History Channel in the near future. Not holding my breath, but contracts are signed. Did you see my other forum topic regarding the strange number "2" symbol seen embedded in skinwalker ridge just north of the ranch? Also had a few interesting encounters there last year that I will share. Oh and video of the Old Homestead on the property. That is the supposed epicenter of activity (we were chased by a bright orange orb of light about 30 feet high) when we approached that location. see my youtube videos for shots. Thanks for your support and interest in the topic, I will find the answers to this mystery, hopefully in the near future.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

There are so many posts regarding the "Mandela Effect"; especially during the last few days for some reason.

I am not totally against the idea but I highly doubt the theory. At least, I doubt the examples given are caused by shifting timelines. However, I am open to the idea of shifting timelines. I hope that makes sense.

I am discouraged by the fact that most of the examples are dead celebrities and spelling errors. I too, remember many of these things differently, but I am far from sure that I ever really knew it one way or the other.

I don't make many new topics because usually, if you are discovering a new and mind-blowing idea, there will already be a ton of posts already about it on ATS. And that is good, because I enjoy reading the usually long threads! Then, when you add to it, it keeps it centralized.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

It's pointless.

Er.. you must have the other half there, then

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OP

I saw Stein, and just assumed the bears were Jewish.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiii_98
however it is healthy to have an open mind and to always question potential errors in "reality".
Carl Sagan said it's good to have an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out. We have lots of research on human perception problems so when someone proposes alternate universes instead of the well-researched human perception issues in this universe, that seems more like brain falling out than healthy to me.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur sorry but the simulation theory and holographic universe is becoming accepted as main stream by a growing number of theoretical physicists, there for given this current trend, your brains are falling out

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

that seems more like brain falling out than healthy to me.

Maybe you are thoroughly programmed to accept only knowledge from others that others have taught you to accept - like Sagan or so-called "scientists."
That isn't all that "healthy," either, friend.
I don't believe the human mind has the capacity to even slightly penetrate the surface of that which is knowable.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Yeh I remember when the UK was Great Britain, when Snickers bars used to be called Marathon and when Adolph Hitler was actually Adolf Hitler. People get confused, that's all/

It's pointless.

Not wishing to be pedantic (and I'm sure you know this really), but Great Britain is part of the United Kingdom, the UK adds Northern Ireland to England, Wales and Scotland. Both are still current terms depending on what you are referring to.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I'm sure it's just showing how our memory is fallible. The same type of thing has happened to me when rewatching an old TV series, I could have sworn some episodes were different last/first time I watched them.
It's even weirder when someone else remembers the episodes the same way, but it probably just shows that we store memories similar to each other on average. Certain simple magic tricks take advantage of this.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It cannot ever be proof of anything, there is no proof (except occasional misspelling) of anything.

It is, was and always will be Berenstain.

For now.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Yes, you can make mistakes. Snow White is a tale centuries old and in many versions (including the ones you may have heard/read while at school, the phrase 'mirror mirror' was probably used. Disney decided on their own phrase I assume for their own reason, but it's not the one stuck in your head. Regardless of what you think, this is hardly rare, try the quiz here.................

moviepilot.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join