It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lavrov: Baltics show no gratitude for Moscow letting them go

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: gmacev

alright so there was a fuss. but either way action was taken in a positive direction.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

you guys are just trying to change the definition of grateful so that you can spew your bias.

What bias would that be, because the comparison you gave isn't even close to what Russia did to those countries.

Pointing out the truth is far from being biased...unless it's not the truth you want to hear.

And your missing the fact that Russia made life hell for those countries and they want nothing to do with Russia, and are looking to get away from their sphere of influence...they don't need to show gratitude to a country that occupied them for so long, and if they gave them the middle finger that would be all the gratitude they deserve.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
a reply to: gmacev

alright so there was a fuss. but either way action was taken in a positive direction.

Have you looked at the history of the Baltics? Do you have any idea how many people the Soviets killed or deported to be worked to death?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Xcathdra

As has been stated many times Russia's actions are creating the very situations that Russia does not want.

But it's the west's fault just ask anyone that defends the actions of Mr. Putin.

Putin doesn't seem to care about what he causes, as long as he can keep Russia looking as though it's the victim of the big bad NATO, but that wolf cry will only last but so long...and that time is coming to an end.

Which makes it more and more obvious that everything Putin does is pretty much exclusively for his own nationalistic ambitions within Russia.

The psychology of Putin is actually pretty simple, he's terrified (and I mean absolutely scared sh*tless) of revolution within Russia. Everything seems to be driven by his desperation to put down any form of protest within his country, whether that's locking up critics, assassinating opposition leaders, imprisoning musicians, locking down media companies...

His military and political allies are all about some fantasy of Russian dominance in the world, but Putin is all about stopping anything from changing within the country, while romantically fantasizing about the old days of the USSR.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Which makes it more and more obvious that everything Putin does is pretty much exclusively for his own nationalistic ambitions within Russia.

The psychology of Putin is actually pretty simple, he's terrified (and I mean absolutely scared sh*tless) of revolution within Russia. Everything seems to be driven by his desperation to put down any form of protest within his country, whether that's locking up critics, assassinating opposition leaders, imprisoning musicians, locking down media companies...

Hail Papa Joe!

His military and political allies are all about some fantasy of Russian dominance in the world, but Putin is all about stopping anything from changing within the country, while romantically fantasizing about the old days of the USSR.

You can take a man out of the KGB, but you can't take the KGB out of a man.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

how is that arrogant? seems pretty reasonable. if america or israel left iran alone youd expect iran to be thankful for that, right?

Did the USA occupy a previously independent Iran and impose a totalitarian Communist dictatorship on Iran?

If the USA did, and stopped, should Iran feel grateful for "letting Iran go"? No.

The only answer from the Baltics should be "go Cheney yourself."

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Did the USA occupy a previously independent Iran and impose a totalitarian Communist dictatorship on Iran?

If the USA did, and stopped, should Iran feel grateful for "letting Iran go"? No.

Actually, Iran continues to blame all its problems on the Mossadegh coup. You would think that they would be grateful we did not invade them and restore the Pahlavis after the revolution. There's no pleasing some people.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

the bias is that all Russians are bad and everything they say is wrong. that's all i ever see from you.

what difference does it make what the freaking comparison is? gratitude is gratitude. you either show it or you dont. if someone did you wrong and then made an attempt to right their wrongs then you should be grateful, unless you are an immature a$$hole. if someone never did any wrong and decided to do something nice for you you should be grateful, unless of course you are indeed an a$$hole.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

and? what country hasn't killed millions or used slave labor? is there a reason you twats keep bringing up how bad the soviets were? im gonna keep bringing up how bad the settlers of America were to flavor up all my arguments.
edit on 21-5-2016 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Is anyone saying the native Americans should be grateful that all of them weren't killed?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

what? YES! they should.

if America imposed sanctions on iraq and wiped out their means of production and caused half a million to starve but then they lifted the sanctions and helped iraq rebuild then iraq should have been grateful. that's not what happened but thats just WTF people do when someone does something positive for them. they show gratitude. i guess with the American culture making you people think its all "me me me" you people wouldn't understand gratitude.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

sure why not?

"my house burned down, but im grateful the dog is still alive".

WHY DONT YOU PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THE WORD GRATEFUL MEANS?!

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

"my house burned down, but im grateful the dog is still alive".

Um. That's a little different from "We annexed you a while back so you should be grateful we 'let you go' ".

How about this; "We set your house on fire but you should be grateful to us because at least you survived. Sorry about the kids"

edit on 5/21/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

and? what country hasn't killed millions or used slave labor? is there a reason you twats keep bringing up how bad the soviets were? im gonna keep bringing up how bad the settlers of America were to flavor up all my arguments.

......... because the behaviour of the Soviets, during their undeniably brutal occupation, might just have soured them to the Russians in general, making them rather unwilling to ever consider being ruled by Moscow ever again.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

HUH? we? wtf are you talking about we? the government of the mid century is not the same government of the early 90's. jeeeeesus.

and it still doesn't change what the #1ng definition of grateful is.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

HUH? we? wtf are you talking about we? the government of the mid century is not the same government of the early 90's. j
Actually, it was the same government. The Soviet government. The government which collapsed.

The Baltics do have that to be grateful for. The collapse of the Soviet Union. But I don't think it's the Soviets who should be thanked.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

i said you twats, as in the people on these forums. but yes an irrational fear of a government that fell long ago is totally a reason for nothing at all.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

you realize that governments are made up of people right? and people dont live forever. and in a government people are replaced. these people i speak of are the decision makers. see government arent actual conscious entities, contrary to what youve apparently heard.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Did Lavrov say "The baltics show no gratitude to some people in the Soviet government?"

"Thank you so much for not crushing us when we left your oppressive regime."
Right.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

its more like "thanks for giving us our independence when your union fell instead of keeping us under that union". please please please explain to me why they shouldn't be grateful for that. dont skirt the quesiton, answer it or ill have to conclude that you are a b1tch.

i dont know where you get that they "left". and its pretty gross how youre using the word crush in a hypothetical manner to frame the Russians as bogey men.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join