It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lavrov: Baltics show no gratitude for Moscow letting them go

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

how is that arrogant? seems pretty reasonable. if america or israel left iran alone youd expect iran to be thankful for that, right?

You do understand the conditions many of the ex federation countries lived under with Russia, right?

The problem here is that Iran was never a part of Israel, or America like the countries discussed in the OP were with Russia...there is a big difference between the two.

As for Iran...they would never be thankful even if the whole world did the same thing.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

the semantics dont matter. the soviet regime was oppressive and they just up and left everyone alone. thats a pretty nice thing to do. so saying that its arrogant for lavrov to say what he said doesnt make much sense. try curbing your hatred for my people for a little while and see things with logic.
edit on 11-5-2016 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2016 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Actually its arrogant to think that after occupying a country for 50+ years, after invading them while allied with the Nazis 5 years earlier, and partially withdrawing after the collapse of the USSR, then treating them like they are non nations under a Russian "sphere of influence", violating their sovereignty and then making a comment about how they left without ever apologizing, all the while kidnapping citizens and putting them on sham trials, is in fact arrogant.

In fact its so arrogant only a no talent ass clown who thinks he is a bad ass when in reality hes nothing aka Putler could pull it to that level.

It would be akin to Germany telling countries they are ungrateful because the Nazis didnt murder everyone when they had their asses kicked.

So save the Putin defense attempt.
edit on 11-5-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

no it really isnt. if a corrupt government relinquishes its control of the nations it oppressed without a fuss they did a "nice" thing. those nations should be grateful for that. if you could tell me why thats not the case then lets hear it. why shouldn't they be at least a little thankful. when someone whose wronged me atones for what they did im thankful.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Trying to say they were being nice by refusing to acknowledge the 50+ years of wrongdoing does not work. Stating they are ungrateful is the mind of a sick individual.

Why should the Baltic nations be grateful for Soviet, Nazi and then Soviet occupation again? Why should they be grateful that the USSR violated the Yalta agreement? Why should the Baltic nations be grateful for the number of people killed / murdered under Soviet occupation?

Why should the Baltic nations be grateful for the USSR withdrawing from 3 countries the USSR never had any right to be in in the first place?

It would be like the Zodiac Killer saying the victims who he tried to kill who survived are being ungrateful because he failed to kill them.

Only a delusional mind would expect victims to say thank you to the executioner.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
That's like saying Blacks should have been grateful and kowtowed and rewarded white Americans for not longer enslaving them. Or women for having the right to vote. Or etc.

Russia lost control of the USSR, and fighting for influence and control in those days would've been even more catastrophic. No one "owes" you anything for finally being free of abuse. A wife isn't going to thank her husband for not beating her any more after 50 years and make sure to cook him dinner every night for that "mighty nice thing he did".

Really, your world view is insane.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NRoar

wait, why shouldn't African Americans be grateful for not being slaves anymore? for instance im grateful that i dont have to live under a monarchy because of changes made by rulers(bad example but im tired, if you dont get my point ill try again). whyyy is that insane?
edit on 13-5-2016 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

because when someone makes a decision to do something nice you should be grateful. my mom was an alcoholic, she was really bad to me, she quit drinking and became a better mom. im grateful for this..

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

You dont storm into someone elses residence and stay for 50+ years while abusing them the entire time and expect them to be grateful you left because you didn't burn the place down after you exited.

Only Putin's arrogance would think he is deserving of gratitude and only his trained no talent ass clown monkey's would make that idiotically insane argument with a straight face.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

then why am i grateful that my mother made an attempt to redeem her actions?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Russia could use unlimited access to the Baltic ports. It's only a matter of time before we start seeing violence directed against "ethnic Russians" there, all part of some devious NATO plot, no doubt.

(post by AVoiceOfReason removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

then why am i grateful that my mother made an attempt to redeem her actions?

Some people get used to the abuse and can no longer tell the difference A voice of Insanity.
edit on 14-5-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Considering NATO just updated article V to include the hybrid warfare we saw Russia use when they invaded Ukraine its probably not the best idea for Russia to try.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Well if Russia gave birth to those countries you might have something, but they didn't so your comparison is far from being close.

Russia ruled with an iron fist and they no longer want to live that way...would you?

(post by AngryCymraeg removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

no it really isnt. if a corrupt government relinquishes its control of the nations it oppressed without a fuss they did a "nice" thing. those nations should be grateful for that. if you could tell me why thats not the case then lets hear it.

"without a fuss". LoL. Except for the economic blockades, killing people and avoiding to remove troops from the occupied countries.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

no i clearly said that my mother decided to change her behavior. i was not ok with her behavior before. AFTER she changed her behavior i was thankful. i didnt get used to anything. so try again.
edit on 14-5-2016 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Russians ..... always overstay their Welcome.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

uhh ok so replace my mother in that story with a friend/cat/dog/#ing toaster. being my birth giver has nothing at all to do with it. you guys are just trying to change the definition of grateful so that you can spew your bias.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join